Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › CF Military Family Roster
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) CF Military Family Roster (Read 26,746 times)
SUBVET
Ex Member

Re: CF Military Family Roster
Reply #50 - 07/07/10 at 22:01:42
Print Post  
My nephew Jake is now home from Afghanistan.  He had a rough go of it with the 82nd but he'll be fine.

His brother has another 30 days left in Iraq.  Counting down.

Maybe my sister (their mom) will finally be able to get some sleep.

IP Logged

Rubicon
CF Presidents Club

Reply #51 - 07/10/10 at 12:30:27
Print Post  
Poster - Rubicon

Relative - Son (Chap) age 28. US Marine stationed in New River NC, 3 children

Service Date - 1998-present

He is a Captain and a Pilot. He flies The Osprey.

(I need to find all the info/dates to post about my father when he served in World WarII and Korea. He lost his life in the Korean War).

Rubi

&&&&&&If you want to make a Conservative mad, tell them a lie.&& If you want to make a Liberal mad, tell them the truth.&&&&&&          &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&

IP Logged

Vikefantam
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #52 - 07/14/10 at 01:40:17
Print Post  
All you guys are in my prayers.  I'm a former military wife.  My husband was on the USS Trepang (SSN674), USS Philadelphia (SSN690) and USS John C Calhoun (SSBN630B - and yes - everything was the other crew's fault, LOL!).

We went long periods of time with no communication, especially on the boomer but it happened on the fast boat too.  It was a rough life.  I'm glad it's over.  He was in 14 years, 1 month and 7 days, and did 2 years in the reserves.  He may finish out his time, but he's so busy with his regular job (that's work to you welfare pirates), it's darned near impossible for him to take even one weekend a month off for that. 

Take care.  I will pray all your loved ones come home safe. 

Tammy&&&&As long as I have God behind me, to give me motivation to do what I need to do.&&As long as I have God at my side to hold my hand during troubled times.&&As long as I have God in front of me to guide me and show me the way.&&As long as I have God in my heart and life, I will persevere.  &&&&Tammy (Author)&&&&&&I may not win, but I can't be thrown, out here on my own.  (Irene Cara - Fame)&&

IP Logged

Purplesuiter
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #53 - 08/03/10 at 10:30:17
Print Post  
I served from March 1971 til retirement in October 1991. 

My oldest son is active duty Army, 10-years of service, was just promoted to E-7 on 1 July, and is currently in Afghanistan.

My second son served 4-years in the Air Force, was stationed at Shaw AFB during his entire enlistment.

My youngest son joined the Army Reserves two years ago, is currently preparing for deployment to Afghanistan.

IP Logged

dakota_grandma
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #54 - 11/30/10 at 21:34:41
Print Post  
I am so proud of all of you who have served our country.  And to your loved ones who are now serving,  thank you so much.

My father was in the South Pacific for 2 years (44 and 45) during WWII.  He was in an Engineers battalion and followed the Marines on every island they took.  I was 1.5 years old before I saw him.

My uncle was killed during the Battle of the Bulge and is buried in Luxembourg.  I tried to get the records for both my uncle and my dad, but they were burned in the fire at the archives in St. Louis.

My son was in the Army Reserve for 8 years.  He got out just before Desert Storm.  His reserve unit went to Kuwait.  He felt guilty that he was not going with his unit.  He took basic training between his jr and sr year of HS.  He came back so fit that he ran 6 miles the first day of football practice without breathing hard.  His football team were state champions and he took 3rd in the state wrestling tourney.  The Army turned him into a man.

I always get a lump in my throat when I see a young man in uniform.

Smiley  God bless you all.

What do we mean by the American Revolution?  Do we mean the American War?  The Revolution was effected before the War commenced.  The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people.  -John Adams, 1818&&

IP Logged

Republican Rose
Leading CF Member

Reply #55 - 04/15/12 at 20:55:48
Print Post  
Nephew just came home from Afghanistan-Brian C Lieutenant, USMC.

Godson just came home from Belgium-John W. Airman, USAF.

IP Logged

JPRD
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #56 - 05/06/13 at 12:37:09
Print Post  
My youngest son's been a member of the Army National Guard for more than 20 years, and is thinking of retiring.  He's a Master Sgt., and the Army is dangling a promotion to Sgt. Major if he re-ups.  I'm hoping he'll decide to retire, for he's earned a rest.  He's had tours in Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan.    No father could be more proud.  

I should give a few older members of our family some good press here too.  I'm a Vietnam-era vet, but never served overseas.  I had great-grandfathers who fought in the Union and Confederate armies, a gg-grandfather who was in the US Army during the War of 1812, 2 ggg-grandfathers who were US Revolutionary War veterans, and a gggg-grandfather who fought in the French and Indian War.  

IP Logged

Big Steve
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #57 - 05/09/13 at 21:34:39
Print Post  
My wife and I served in the U.S. Army 1966-68.  We met in 67 at Ft. Rucker, and was married there Jan., 68.  I outranked her then, but she has outranked me for over 45 years! Grin

IP Logged

Mesha
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #58 - 05/10/13 at 08:32:36
Print Post  
Good Morning all.

I am the wife of a Retired Navy Man. He served 24 years, He rode ships out of Rota Spain, and we were in Japan for 7 years. We have been in Maryland for too long now.  We met in San Angelo Texas (my home town,) and we married 6 weeks later.  We will celebrate 28 years in August.

I have always loved and supported Our Military Men and Women. With the current president, I don't feel they get the support they deserve.

I look forward to my time here. Thank you for this place.

Mesha

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
IP Logged

USA808
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #59 - 06/10/13 at 15:00:28
Print Post  
At this time no one in my Family is enlisted, But I did for 6 years, 4 in the regular Army and 2 in the reserves,  God bless to all that have served and to those who still serve. and a very Special blessing to those whom have made the Ultimate Sacrifice in there service.

My God bless America.

&&America Home of the FREE because of the Brave.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › CF Military Family Roster

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media