Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › I'm so excited --- look what I just got.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic I'm so excited --- look what I just got. (Read 1,185 times)
cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

I'm so excited --- look what I just got.
09/10/08 at 12:38:41
Print Post  
I hope it's ok to post this here, since I didn't think another thread was necessary. Today I got a necklace that one of our dear friends bought me. I'm so excited!! It's a WW11 US Army Air Corp. lapel wing. During the WW11 the pilots would mount their wings on a piece of Plexiglas's from the window of their planes and make a piece of jewelry out of them. Our friend found one of these and just knew he had to give it a good home, so I now have the honor of wearing these wings around my neck. It is so cool and is mounted in a heart shape with the wings in the middle. Here is a picture of those wings:

http://tbn0.google.com/imagesq=tbn:eUdPjlwog8DoIM:<ahref=

IP Logged

swamps_mom
Ex Member

Re: I'm so excited --- look what I just got.
Reply #1 - 09/10/08 at 12:41:31
Print Post  
cj_real_american wrote on 09/10/08 at 12:38:41:
I hope it's ok to post this here, since I didn't think another thread was necessary. Today I got a necklace that one of our dear friends bought me. I'm so excited!! It's a WW11 US Army Air Corp. lapel wing. During the WW11 the pilots would mount their wings on a piece of Plexiglas's from the window of their planes and make a piece of jewelry out of them. Our friend found one of these and just knew he had to give it a good home, so I now have the honor of wearing these wings around my neck. It is so cool and is mounted in a heart shape with the wings in the middle. Here is a picture of those wings:

img]http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:eUdPjlwog8DoIM:<a href=[/img]

What a great present CJ.  Enjoy  Cool

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #2 - 09/10/08 at 12:42:45
Print Post  
Thanks Anita, I am already enjoying.  Wink

Since my post I have all kinds of questions.  This was found in a pawn shop, so what kind of person would have pawned something like this??  If it was found among items of a deceased person, would you not pass it on??  If you found these wings among your Grandfathers belongings would you not want to give them to a family member to stay in the family forever?  I just can't imagine letting something like this go.  As Duster said that piece of History is lost, and maybe the person was a peace activist.  Oh, the questions I have.  Any thoughts on this??

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #3 - 09/10/08 at 13:36:09
Print Post  
cj_real_american wrote on 09/10/08 at 12:42:45:
Thanks Anita, I am already enjoying. Wink

Since my post I have all kinds of questions. This was found in a pawn shop, so what kind of person would have pawned something like this?? If it was found among items of a deceased person, would you not pass it on?? If you found these wings among your Grandfathers belongings would you not want to give them to a family member to stay in the family forever? I just can't imagine letting something like this go. As Duster said that piece of History is lost, and maybe the person was a peace activist. Oh, the questions I have. Any thoughts on this??

Maybe the person who originally pawned it did not have any living relatives to pass it on to or needed the money real bad and pawned several other things along with it.  Or if a family member found it, they did not really understand any historical value to it
and preferred the monetary value of it.  Not sure how much it would have been worth.  Pawn shops really don't pay that much.

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #4 - 09/10/08 at 15:48:03
Print Post  
This true Byrdman, but what a find.  Our friend paid $5.00 for this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › I'm so excited --- look what I just got.

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias