Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › UPDATE: Virginia Military Absentee Ballots Must Count
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic UPDATE: Virginia Military Absentee Ballots Must Count (Read 1,017 times)
swamps_mom2
Ex Member

UPDATE: Virginia Military Absentee Ballots Must Count
10/31/08 at 08:17:00
Print Post  
by  Connie Hair

Virginia Attorney General Bob McDonnell has issued a formal opinion concluding that federal absentee ballots from overseas military voters lacking the printed name and address of a witness must be counted. 

In the formal opinion the Attorney General finds, “It is…. my opinion that the applicable provision of Virginia law, § 24.2-702.1(B), interpreted to require an overseas military voter submitting only a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot to include the printed name and address of the person who signs the witness statement is preempted by the provisions of the (federal) Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.  Finally, it is my opinion that general registrars may not reject a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot submitted by overseas military voters for the November 4, 2008 federal election that does not include a printed name and address for the person who signs the witness statement…”

This directive was delivered to all of Virginia’s State Boards of Elections on Monday.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29234

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Re: UPDATE: Virginia Military Absentee Ballots Must Count
Reply #1 - 10/31/08 at 17:06:07
Print Post  
About time.

IP Logged

MayFlower
CF Presidents Club

Living The Dream

Reply #2 - 10/31/08 at 20:22:17
Print Post  

YES!!!

PEACE ON EVERYONE

IP Logged

Rich_C
CF Presidents Club

The Uncompassionate Conservative

Reply #3 - 11/01/08 at 02:01:21
Print Post  
Quote:
by  Connie Hair

Virginia Attorney General Bob McDonnell has issued a formal opinion concluding that federal absentee ballots from overseas military voters lacking the printed name and address of a witness must be counted.  

In the formal opinion the Attorney General finds, “It is…. my opinion that the applicable provision of Virginia law, § 24.2-702.1(B), interpreted to require an overseas military voter submitting only a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot to include the printed name and address of the person who signs the witness statement is preempted by the provisions of the (federal) Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act.  Finally, it is my opinion that general registrars may not reject a Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot submitted by overseas military voters for the November 4, 2008 federal election that does not include a printed name and address for the person who signs the witness statement…”

This directive was delivered to all of Virginia’s State Boards of Elections on Monday.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=29234

Liberals are Dangerous to Liberty. They support the same candidates as do Communists, Stalinists, Marxists and Terrorists. Same stink, different smell.

IP Logged

the_mighty_boa
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 11/04/08 at 14:26:36
Print Post  
YESSS!!

They MUST BE COUNTED....

And CONTRARY to what the radical marxists at Sean's site are trying to tell people,,, THIS HAS NOT BEEN SETTLED... Obviously they couldn't have known different if it's JUST GOING TO COURT TODAY! (Read intentional)

I posted about this over there the other day,,, several people became very concerned, wanting to follow up on it,,, when several other people posted "assuring" them that it had been taken care of.....

What is the deal with all the radicals being allowed over there? Its not so much that they are there but they are really overruning the site and getting away with an awful lot of fraudulent claims,,, not to mention censoring the real patriots there...

Sean better get a hold of that place and quick...

Our soldier's votes are too precious to be used as political footballs like this...

IP Logged

swamps_mom2
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/04/08 at 14:46:33
Print Post  
the_mighty_boa wrote on 11/04/08 at 14:26:36:
YESSS!!

They MUST BE COUNTED....

And CONTRARY to what the radical marxists at Sean's site are trying to tell people,,, THIS HAS NOT BEEN SETTLED... Obviously they couldn't have known different if it's JUST GOING TO COURT TODAY! (Read intentional)

I posted about this over there the other day,,, several people became very concerned, wanting to follow up on it,,, when several other people posted "assuring" them that it had been taken care of.....

What is the deal with all the radicals being allowed over there? Its not so much that they are there but they are really overruning the site and getting away with an awful lot of fraudulent claims,,, not to mention censoring the real patriots there...

Sean better get a hold of that place and quick...

Our soldier's votes are too precious to be used as political footballs like this...

My son's sargeant told him they would be given time to vote. I'll check on that

IP Logged

the_mighty_boa
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 11/04/08 at 22:31:14
Print Post  
Quote:
My son's sargeant told him they would be given time to vote. I'll check on that

SwampMom....

Do give your son our apologies..... We tried. I'm afraid we had a candidate who often didn't really seem to want to win. Even when he did, he worried more about waging "an honorable" campaign than he did defeating a radical marxist who shows nothing but disdain for our troops.

I personally feel that each vote for him is like another spitting onto the graves of our brave men and women who died to keep our nation free. Now people can't wait to exchange their freedom for a mortgage payment and a bag of groceries.

Anyways, I get from the post that apparently the AG ruled the votes must count. But that was just in the last day or two. So the people I mentioned over at Sean's board could not possibly have been telling the truth. No, I sincerely believe they were making intentional efforts to keep OTHERS from pursuing the matter. There is a LOT of that type of behavior by liberals going on over there.

I do not know why Sean is allowing it. I have contacted him and his webmaster as well. I'm sure others have too. Doesn't seem to matter..... The liberals are overrunning his forum......

Give your son our deepest thanks. He will always be in our prayers....

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › UPDATE: Virginia Military Absentee Ballots Must Count

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias