Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › The real problem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The real problem (Read 1,289 times)
Army4God
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

The real problem
02/26/09 at 01:00:06
Print Post  
Our country is not a Christian nation. We have turned from God and in turn God has removed his hand of protection.  Time and time again Israel went through the same thing.  They would turn from God and fall apart. Why did America think it would be different?

Liberal and Conservative alike have turned from the one who made us great in the first place.  Things will only get worse from here.  We have raised an entire generation of athiests.  I spent eight years in the army and even then I was starting to see how anti-God the younger people were.  However, now that I am taking classes at a public university it is just unbelievable. 

In classes of 40+ people you will be lucky to find one other Christian.  The vast majority doesn't know anything at all from the Bible.  Even those who claim to be Christian will deny the Bible is true.  One young lady told me she was a Christian and then while discussing it she startled me by saying she didn't think Jesus was a real person.   Umm....

Parents have let the government, schools, television and the internet raise their children.  As a result, children are taught they come from apes, that Christianity is akin to mythology and that we should accept every sin in the name of tolerance.  Is it any wonder an 11 year old boy shoots his step mom in the head?  Who does he have to be accountable to? 

America is following Europe in it's quest for freedom.  Not freedom for which this country was founded, but instead freedom from God.  American's have convinced themselves that true happiness is apart from God.  Yet with every new law and proclamation against God, America sinks further into a pit of it's own making. 

A spiritual blindness has fallen on our nation.  God has withheld his wisdom from our leaders and allowed wicked men into positions of authority just as happened to Israel.  God gives men freedom to choose and America has choosen Satan.

For those relying on politicians to turn things around, you are going to be waiting for a long time.  You can pass any law you wish, but if people's hearts are not right with God they will not adhere to it.  My last 5 years in the army I was a paralegal.  Wouldn't you think that if law kept people from crime that we would have few cases to deal with? After all, the military is full of regulations and laws. However, this proved anything but true.  Our case load was always full.  Every crime you see on the news we dealt with in the military and probably even some you don't see. 

I have always loved the United States. Had I been asked to die for this country I would have without a second thought.  However, I can't say that anymore. This country has turned it's back on God and in turn on me. My heart breaks in typing such a thing but can this be denied? 

As Jesus instructed his disciples so long ago.

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.  Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.  Matthew 10:14,15

IP Logged

Coops
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: The real problem
Reply #1 - 02/26/09 at 02:24:24
Print Post  
Army4God wrote on 02/26/09 at 01:00:06:
We have turned from God and in turn God has removed his hand of protection.  

Gen 18:22  And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
Gen 18:23  And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:24  Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
Gen 18:25  That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Gen 18:26  And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
Gen 18:27  And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Gen 18:28  Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
Gen 18:29  And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30  And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31  And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
Gen 18:32  And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Gen 18:33  And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

If God would  remove his hand from America it would be destroyed. That has not happened. The record above with Abraham haggling with God, it was not about how many wicked were in Sodom and Gomorrah but not enough righteous. As the Scriptures say, if 10 righteous men were to be found in the 2 cities God would have spared them.

IP Logged

Army4God
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 02/26/09 at 03:50:07
Print Post  
Coops wrote on 02/26/09 at 02:24:24:
Gen 18:22  And the men turned their faces from thence, and went toward Sodom: but Abraham stood yet before the LORD.
Gen 18:23  And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
Gen 18:24  Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
Gen 18:25  That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
Gen 18:26  And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
Gen 18:27  And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:
Gen 18:28  Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, If I find there forty and five, I will not destroy it.
Gen 18:29  And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.
Gen 18:30  And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.
Gen 18:31  And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake.
Gen 18:32  And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.
Gen 18:33  And the LORD went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham: and Abraham returned unto his place.

If God would  remove his hand from America it would be destroyed. That has not happened. The record above with Abraham haggling with God, it was not about how many wicked were in Sodom and Gomorrah but not enough righteous. As the Scriptures say, if 10 righteous men were to be found in the 2 cities God would have spared them.

Not sure what this is supposed to show.  This does not refute anything I said.

Daniel was a man of God. Israel was conquered and the people led away as captives by the babylonians.  God always keeps a remnant of his people from harm.  That does not mean he won't destroy a place.

It is like how historian Josephus tells about the jewish zealots ran around telling everyone God would not let his temple be destroyed.   Yet the Romans not only destroyed it, they killed every Jew who stayed around it.

People will never believe anything until it happens. Of course then it is to late. 

IP Logged

ardent conservative
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 02/26/09 at 09:56:49
Print Post  
Army4God wrote on 02/26/09 at 03:50:07:
Not sure what this is supposed to show.  This does not refute anything I said.

Daniel was a man of God. Israel was conquered and the people led away as captives by the babylonians.  God always keeps a remnant of his people from harm.  That does not mean he won't destroy a place.

It is like how historian Josephus tells about the jewish zealots ran around telling everyone God would not let his temple be destroyed.   Yet the Romans not only destroyed it, they killed every Jew who stayed around it.

People will never believe anything until it happens. Of course then it is to late.  

I agree with everthing you have said in both of you posts A4G, and when God destroyed Sodom and Gommarh he removed Lot and his family before doing so.  Then, because Lot's wife, by her action of looking back at Sodom,  showed you lack of Godliness, God destroyed her also.  The account Coops referrs to only teaches that God will not destroy the righteous with the wicked, not that he won't judge a nation that has Godly people in it as you showed by the example of Daniel.  Daniel was Godly, the three Hebrew children were Godly, but God still judged Israel, and Daniel and the three Hebrew children experience the judgement.

Cool Cool

IP Logged

DebraJMSmith
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 02/28/09 at 04:45:57
Print Post  
2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Debra J.M. Smith&&of&&Informing Christians
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › The real problem

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias