Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › How can we Americans stop Muslim Immigration!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How can we Americans stop Muslim Immigration! (Read 22,425 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Re: How can we Americans stop Muslim Immigration!
Reply #50 - 03/09/10 at 18:02:29
Print Post  
Quote:
I said barring Muslim immigrants was against the Constitution. I said the impulse to want to bar Muslim immigrants was understandable only if you were willing to disregard the Constitution. You said that you could live with that, ergo you don't believe the Constitution is the ultimate law of the land.

I will only ask you one more tyme to refrain from falsely making statements regarding what I have said.

Ergo, you can learn the hard way.

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

dlmiya
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 03/09/10 at 18:07:15
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 03/09/10 at 18:02:29:
I will only ask you one more tyme to refrain from falsely making statements regarding what I have said.

Ergo, you can learn the hard way.

I wasn't making false statements, I was summarizing our exchange. You can tell me where I'm wrong, but don't call me a liar or make threats.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #52 - 03/09/10 at 18:12:48
Print Post  
Quote:
I wasn't making false statements, I was summarizing our exchange. You can tell me where I'm wrong, but don't call me a liar or make threats.

Re-read my words.  I said I was willing to accept your offered compromise.  That does not automatically eliminate one's total belief in the Constitution.  I have already explained it twyce now.  I already told you that is not what was stated.  When you continue to state otherwyse, yes, that does make you a liar.
Do me a favor and don't summarize our exchange.  Use my quotes to avoid your poor plagiarism of me.

And I don't make threats.  I am merely warning you that any further obvious antagonistic postings will not be tolerated and if you wish to remain a member here I strongly suggest you desist.

Are you a Libertarian?

IP Logged

dlmiya
Ex Member

Reply #53 - 03/09/10 at 18:32:46
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 03/09/10 at 18:12:48:
Re-read my words.  I said I was willing to accept your offered compromise.  That does not automatically eliminate one's total belief in the Constitution.  I have already explained it twyce now.  I already told you that is not what was stated.  When you continue to state otherwyse, yes, that does make you a liar.
Do me a favor and don't summarize our exchange.  Use my quotes to avoid your poor plagiarism of me.

And I don't make threats.  I am merely warning you that any further obvious antagonistic postings will not be tolerated and if you wish to remain a member here I strongly suggest you desist.

Are you a Libertarian?

Relative to some people here, I'd probably be considered libertarian but I don't identify as one. I am pretty moderate on "social" issues, but pretty conservative on economic issues. I'm dead-serious about the Consitution, as you might have been able to tell.  Wink

I don't mean to be antagonistic, but I just don't understand how one can profess a belief in the Constitution but be fine with disregarding it whenever one finds it convenient. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I'm just basing my responses on my understanding of what you're saying, but maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't get why it's ok not adhere to the Constitution on this particular issue.

Like I said, I don't mean to be antagonistic, I'm just offering my own point of view on these issues informed by my understanding of the Constitution. If there isn't room for disagreement and discussion you can ban me since it wouldn't be worth participating in. What's a forum if everyone has to agree? I've been civil and as even-handed as I can be, but like I said, don't threaten me or call me a liar.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #54 - 03/09/10 at 18:48:32
Print Post  
Quote:
Relative to some people here, I'd probably be considered libertarian but I don't identify as one.

Not interested in what others say you are.  If you say you're not then you're not.  I can only assume you're Conservative.

Quote:
I'm dead-serious about the Consitution,

As are many. 

Quote:
I don't mean to be antagonistic, but I just don't understand how one can profess a belief in the Constitution but be fine with disregarding it whenever one finds it convenient. I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, I'm just basing my responses on my understanding of what you're saying, but maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't get why it's ok not adhere to the Constitution on this particular issue.

And as I have explained to begin with, that is understandable why so many people feel the way they do.  And when they feel that way, the Constitution isn't exactly what comes to their mynd over those emotions.

Some are not even sure allowing illegal aliens is protected under the Constitution.  I was trying to point out that it is not as 'ridiculous' for others to feel as they do as you may think it is.

Quote:
Like I said, I don't mean to be antagonistic, I'm just offering my own point of view on these issues informed by my understanding of the Constitution. If there isn't room for disagreement and discussion you can ban me since it wouldn't be worth participating in. What's a forum if everyone has to agree? I've been civil and as even-handed as I can be, but like I said, don't threaten me or call me a liar.

There is no problem with disagreement.  But when it becomes obvious an explanation has already been given, and one is not willing to accept it, and it appears the words said are being transposed or twisted, it does not give a civil appearance.  You can either accept my explanation or not.  I just asked that you not exaggerate it any further than what was said as it sounded you were doing.

And as I said, I don't make threats.  I merely let you know where things stand.

IP Logged

dlmiya
Ex Member

Reply #55 - 03/09/10 at 19:04:11
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 03/09/10 at 18:48:32:
And as I have explained to begin with, that is understandable why so many people feel the way they do.  And when they feel that way, the Constitution isn't exactly what comes to their mynd over those emotions.

Ok, it was just an honest misunderstanding. I assumed that you were actually defending the substance of the policy it not the impulse. The impulse is understandable, but to this that's it's a good policy or is constitutional is what's ridiculous.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #56 - 03/09/10 at 19:19:33
Print Post  
Quote:
Ok, it was just an honest misunderstanding. I assumed that you were actually defending the substance of the policy it not the impulse. The impulse is understandable, but to this that's it's a good policy or is constitutional is what's ridiculous.

Let's put it this way, and I can offer this as my compromise.

If there should be definite protection for them in the Constitution, I would have no problem with seeing the Constitution 'amended' to make such exceptions given the circumstances that exist today, such as the war on terrorism.   Perhaps that helps explain it better without having to think of the Constitution as being marred at all.  Smiley

I don't know if you've ever seen those videos of radical Muslims who rant in the streets of NYC preaching to kill Americans and they are protected to do just that.  That just doesn't seem ryte to me.

IP Logged

econgeek
Ex Member

Reply #57 - 03/09/10 at 19:21:01
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 03/09/10 at 19:19:33:
Let's put it this way, and I can offer this as my compromise.

If there should be definite protection for them in the Constitution, I would have no problem with seeing the Constitution 'amended' to make such exceptions given the circumstances that exist today, such as the war on terrorism.   Perhaps that helps explain it better without having to think of the Constitution as being marred at all.  Smiley

Haha, ok, and I definitely don't think the issue rises to that level of importance.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #58 - 03/09/10 at 21:43:56
Print Post  
Quote:
Haha, ok, and I definitely don't think the issue rises to that level of importance.

Thought I had responded to the wrong poster there for a minute.

Any reason for the name change from Dimiya?

btw....seems we don't have to worry about just Muslim immigrants.

Now it's Americans, too, that are of concern.  Undecided

Pa. woman accused of recruiting jihadists online
By MARYCLAIRE DALE, Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA – A suburban woman "desperate to do something" to help suffering Muslims has been accused of using the Internet to recruit jihadist fighters and help terrorists overseas, even agreeing to move to Europe to try to kill a Swedish artist, prosecutors said Tuesday.

Authorities said the case shows how terror groups are looking to recruit Americans to carry out their goals.

A federal indictment charges that Colleen R. LaRose, who called herself JihadJane and Fatima LaRose online, agreed to kill the Swede on orders from the unnamed terrorists and traveled to Europe to carry out the killing. It doesn't say whether the Swede was killed, but LaRose was not charged with murder.

more
« Last Edit: 03/09/10 at 23:26:58 by Nyte_Byrd »  

IP Logged

Astral
Ex Member

Reply #59 - 03/10/10 at 00:00:00
Print Post  
Quote:
Wrong. It's easily a violation of Equal Protection not to mention the 1st Amendment, and it's probably a bill of attainder.

Read beyond the Preamble, even aliens under US jurisdiction have the right to equal protection under the law.

Are people really this frightened by terrorists that they would bar all Muslims from the US? It's ridiculous.

I am correct no matter how you slice the pie.  The Constitution applies to Citizens ONLY!  Your ignorance is hanging like a sign on your forehead.

Your first sentence make no sense.  What does the 1st Amendment have to do with bills of attainder or equal protection?  Are you on the same planet here?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › How can we Americans stop Muslim Immigration!

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias