Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › Has anyone read this book?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Has anyone read this book? (Read 1,256 times)
zacharysmommy
CF Vice Presidents Club

God Bless the USA

Has anyone read this book?
04/13/09 at 15:52:25
Print Post  
It's called The Shack and is a novel written by Wm. Paul Young.  Our sermon at church yesterday revolved around this book.  The pastor said that it's a rather controversial book but that it's very good and forces you to face reality.  So, I bought it yesterday and read about 20 pages last night.  So far, I really like it.

So, has anyone read this??  If so, I would love to hear your comments, whether negative or positive.

&&&&&&

IP Logged

Chap
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Has anyone read this book?
Reply #1 - 04/30/09 at 08:36:22
Print Post  
I have and I enjoyed it.  It gave me another perspective on the Trinity and God's role in our lives.

All in a positive way.

IP Logged

BoatGuy
Senior CF Member

Reply #2 - 06/12/09 at 00:53:39
Print Post  
zacharysmommy wrote on 04/13/09 at 15:52:25:
It's called The Shack and is a novel written by Wm. Paul Young.  Our sermon at church yesterday revolved around this book.  The pastor said that it's a rather controversial book but that it's very good and forces you to face reality.  So, I bought it yesterday and read about 20 pages last night.  So far, I really like it.

So, has anyone read this??  If so, I would love to hear your comments, whether negative or positive.

So, would you read a book written by a race-car driver on how to manufacture a car?

No?

Well, ditch the novella by W.P. Young and OPEN the Bible.  Trust me!  Everything you need to know about God has been revealed by Him in His book.  The mortals who pretend they KNOW secrets are only guessing and are always proven wrong.

Let me put it this way...  If you think you can understand the Lord by ignoring His book and reading a book written by a sinful man, then you must also believe that you can read a surgical textbook written in Swahili and be able to perform brain surgery on yourself.    Shocked

IP Logged

TruthbeTold
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 06/15/09 at 16:56:47
Print Post  
How are you coming along with your book, zacharysmom?  I read The Shack after it was highly recommended to me by a deacon in our church.

After the rave reviews, perhaps I was expecting too much of it, but honestly, I was left cold when I finished it.  I kept expecting some deep theological insights, which for me, just never happened.

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.&&~Author Unknown~

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › Has anyone read this book?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias