Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › NOISE POLUTION!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic NOISE POLUTION! (Read 1,189 times)
SENATOR FOGHORN
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

NOISE POLUTION!
04/18/09 at 12:04:16
Print Post  
My Friends,
I am a Conservative that leads a quiet life. Like so many of you,when not in the limelight, I want peace. For the last year,though, a certain house, two large yards away, have been playing Country Western (or some such) loud enough ,with their windows and doors closed, that I can hear it while MOWING MY YARD! I can also hear it when in my shower,atnight,with every window closed. About all you can discern is that super-low bass note most of the time. So I went and complained to the owner about a year ago,and it lowered somewhat,for a while.  Now that weather is warming, and after a winter of boom-da-boom-BOOM!, I sent an E-Mail to the City of Virginia Beach Police (VBPD@VB.GOV) and they sent an officer to interview the perpertrator.He explained all the laws that the loud music violated. He also sent me a long e-mail,explaining his actions and any further actions available to me.
Now,as I have a temper that is kept just under control (HAH!) ,this seemed the best way to handle this problem. It also occured to me that MOST OF YOU have the same problem. Loud "alleged" music makes you want to bite somebody. Therefore, I suggest that YOU,TOO join in this non-confrontational way of "clearing the air". "GOOGLE" in your city police complaints department and send 'em an e-mail.
By the way, the music-makers never knew who complained!

Yours for a Quieter America,
Senator Filibuster Foghorn

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Re: NOISE POLUTION!
Reply #1 - 04/18/09 at 12:44:10
Print Post  
I understand the frustration.  Behynd my back fence, across the street, there is a back yard area where they play loud Mexican type ballads with amplified speakers outsyde on their patio.  Thankfully it doesn't go on every nyte, otherwyse I would definitely have the cops there so much, they would know the cops brothers by their first names before I would be through.  I sit on my back patio listening sometymes and get these incredible urges to get a sombrero, shawl and stogie and pretend I am Clint Eastwood on the border in some spaghetti Western.  I am just glad it is not (c)rap music, otherwyse I doubt very much I could keep my temper in check. 

Country and Western?  I can just imagine the lyrics you listen to then.

"Don't kick sand in mah face, cause ah got tears in mah eyes!"  Grin

Supposedly there is a curfew tyme, I think it is anything past 10 or 11 PM it has to be turned down.  It is hard to believe though that some neighbors who do live in close proximity lack the consideration that they don't even seem to care how it affects those around them.  Some towns are beginning to pass laws though where even playing loud music can bring fynes. 

I wish they would outlaw all those boom boom car stereos.  Those are the most idiotic things I have ever seen.  Why does anyone need to have anyone else other than whose in the car hear the music they are playing in a car?

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

SENATOR FOGHORN
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 04/19/09 at 12:30:21
Print Post  
Dear Nyte-Byrd,
Thank for your warm response.
Reminds me of what Mark Twain said ,"Most people would rather be popular than right." Of course, THAT line covers all kinds of liberal stuff, from popular music to religion,sexual bias,and political party affiliation.
I am fifty+ years old. As a teen, I was a big BLACK SABBATH fan. I saw Ozzy and BS at the Virginia Beach Dome in 1972, and they had a PA system that was stacked amps from the floor to the ceiling and surrounding the stage.UNBELIEVABLE SOUND! I saw Deep Purple at Norfolk Scope, where the music was dealy loud. BUT THE DIFFERENCE between old music and new music (and music systems) is not just VOLUME! Even now,as a Born Again Christian, if somebody plays Iron Man or Crazy Train, my foot still taps and inside the music still moves me. HOWEVER, if somebody starts playing that "Boom,Boom-BOOOOM" stuff, it makes me feel violent.C&W,Rap,Rock,whatever. If you put me in a car with somebody playing that at MAX, one of us would not get out of the car. DO YOU THINK THIS HAS A LOT TO DO WITH TEEN VIOLENCE? (It has a lot to do with MIDDLE AGE VIOLENCE,BABY!) Angry

IP Logged

Chap
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 05/03/09 at 13:50:48
Print Post  
I'm also 50+ and hard of hearing BECAUSE of self induced noise and 33 years of construction, so  if my neighbors played loud music (I'm still the youngest in the 'hood') I wouldn't know.

My wife asked if I heard the high pitched sound in church today.  I just looked at her with a stupid look and said, "Which high pitched noise that I'm hearing doesn't belong?"
Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

GunBunny
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 05/04/09 at 06:12:33
Print Post  
If my music is too loud, you're simply too old!

Eh, I saw it on a t-shirt Smiley

It's understandable. I don't understand how people can blast music that loud for such long periods of time.

IP Logged

Chap
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 05/04/09 at 15:13:17
Print Post  
Huh?????????? speak up.......... Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › NOISE POLUTION!

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias