Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Fallen Heroes
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 132 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Fallen Heroes (Read 117,912 times)
Juice300x3
CF Full Member

I Love the Conservative's
Forum!

Fallen Heroes
06/06/09 at 10:27:00
Print Post  
     As I type today, I mourn for the heroes that came before me, and literally changed the world.
     There is no ceremony, no speech, no blog, and no amount of tears that can ever be enough to show the gratitude that each of us owes to our veterans, current, former and fallen.
     Every time that I hear of a fallen soldier, I cannot help but shed tears for their heroism, and their families pain.
     It is on days like this that I have to wonder when patriotism fell so out of favor. 
     Today I offer my most sincere thanks to the men and women from the armed forces, from the Revolutionary war, to the war against terrorism today, and all the terrible battles in between that have given me the greatest country on earth.  I vow that I will help to fight here at home that these sacrifices will not be lost.

Thank you one and all.

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Re: Fallen Heroes
Reply #1 - 07/16/09 at 10:31:20
Print Post  
I will continue this, with y'alls permission of course..something I should have done a long time ago.  I apologize for all who have not been mentioned thus far.  They are not forgotten.

PLEASE SAY A PRAYER AND PASS THIS ON.

DoD Identifies Marine Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two Marines who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. Michael W. Heede Jr., 22, of Delta, Pa., and Staff Sgt. David S. Spicer, 33, of Zanesfield, Ohio, died July 13 while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Heede was assigned to 1st Combat Engineer Battalion, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.

Spicer was assigned to 8th Engineer Support Battalion, Combat Logistics Regiment 2, 2nd Marine Logistics Group, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on Heede, news media representatives may contact the 1st Marine Division public affairs office at (760) 725-8766.

For additional background information on Spicer, news media representatives may contact the II Marine Expeditionary Force public affairs office at (910) 451-7200.

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/18/09 at 10:42:20
Print Post  

DoD Identifies Army Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.
Sgt. 1st Class Jason J. Fabrizi, 29, of Seffner, Fla., died July 14 in Konar province, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when his mounted patrol was attacked by enemy forces using rocket-propelled grenades and small arms fire. He was assigned to the 3rd Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, Fort Carson, Colo.
For more information media may contact the Fort Carson public affairs office at (719) 526-4143; after hours (719) 526-5500.
DoD Identifies Army Casualties

The Department of Defense announced today the death of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died July16 in Basra of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked their unit using indirect fire.

Killed were:

Spc. Daniel P. Drevnick, 22, of Woodbury, Minn.;

Spc. James D. Wertish, 20, of Olivia, Minn.; and

Spc. Carlos E. Wilcox IV, 27, of Cottage Grove, Minn.

All three soldiers were assigned to the 34th Military Police Company, 34th Infantry Division, Minnesota Army National Guard, Stillwater, Minn.

For more information on these soldiers, media may contact the Minnesota Army National Guard Public Affairs Office at 651-282-4410.

IP Logged

OLD ONE 74
Senior CF Member

Constitutionalist's  Forum

Reply #3 - 07/19/09 at 16:41:04
Print Post  
I HONOR ALL OF THEM, OG.  I weep for the pain experienced by their families.  Our country has lost more warriors who take their hallowed places on the wall of our memory.  Most of them will not receive any special recognition of their service, but that our country still remains free will forever be their eternal monument. Cry Cry

"Stoop, angels, thither from the skies!  There is no holier ground Than where defeated valor lies." (Henry Timrod)

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/23/09 at 10:45:21
Print Post  

The Department of Defense announced today the death of four soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. They died July 20 in Wardak Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle followed by an attack from enemy forces using small arms and rocket-propelled grenade fires. They were assigned to the 4th Battalion, 25th Field Artillery (STRIKE), 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.

Killed were:

Sgt. Gregory Owens Jr., 24, of Garland, Texas.

Spc. Anthony M. Lightfoot, 20, of Riverdale, Ga.

Spc. Andrew J. Roughton, 21, of Houston, Texas.

Pfc. Dennis J. Pratt, 34, of Duncan, Okla.

For more information media may contact the Fort Drum public affairs office at (315) 772-7267.

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Spc. Raymundo P. Morales, 34, of Dalton, Ga., died July 21 in Methar Lam, Afghanistan, of injuries sustained during a vehicle roll-over. He was assigned to the 148th Brigade Support Battalion, Cedartown, Ga.

The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.

For more information media may contact the Georgia National Guard public affairs office at (678) 569-6065

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/24/09 at 11:35:24
Print Post  

The Department of Defense announced today the death of two soldiers who were supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. They died July 22 in Zabul Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle. They were assigned to the 4th Engineer Battalion, Fort Carson, Colo.

Killed were:

Sgt. Joshua J. Rimer, 24, of Rochester, Pa.; and

Spc. Randy L.J. Neff, Jr., 22, of Blackfoot, Idaho.

For more information on these soldiers, media may contact the Fort Carson Public Affairs Office at (719) 526-4143; after hours (719) 526-5500.

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 07/25/09 at 10:35:00
Print Post  

DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Sgt. Ryan H. Lane, 25, of Pittsburgh, Pa., died July 23 of wounds suffered while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the II Marine Expeditionary Force public affairs office at (910) 451-7200.

IP Logged

SV
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/26/09 at 08:02:29
Print Post  
I appreciate this thread OG.  Please keep it it going.

These men didn't give their lives to provide free health care or government car sales. They were defending our freedom.

I don't know any community organizers who gave their lives for what they believed in, do you?

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/27/09 at 10:15:34
Print Post  

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a soldier who was supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom.

Spc. Herberth A. Berrios-Campos, 21, of Bealeton, Va., died July 24 in Salman Pak, Iraq, of injuries sustained from a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C.

The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.

For more information the media may contact the 82nd Airborne Division public affairs office at (910) 432-0661.

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 07/28/09 at 11:43:31
Print Post  

DoD Identifies Marine Casualty

The Department of Defense announced today the death of a Marine who was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom.

Pfc. Donald W. Vincent, 26, of Gainesville, Fla., died July 25 of wounds sustained while supporting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Battalion, 8th Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.

For additional background information on this Marine, news media representatives may contact the II Marine Expeditionary Force public affairs office at (910) 451-7200.

Spc. Justin D. Coleman, 21, of Spring Hill, Fla., died July 24 in Nuristan Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit using small arms and rocket-propelled grenade fires. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 32nd Infantry Regiment, 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light Infantry), Fort Drum, N.Y.

For more information media may contact the Fort Drum public affairs office at (315) 772-7267.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 132
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Fallen Heroes

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias