Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Another attack on public prayer
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Another attack on public prayer (Read 5,197 times)
SUBVET
Ex Member

Another attack on public prayer
09/30/10 at 05:35:37
Print Post  
Quote:
Louie Fromm, an assistant coach for the Holmes County Pee Wee Football Association, formally requested on Monday that the Vernon, Fla., City Council end the league's traditional 50-yard-line pregame prayer ritual, alleging that his and his son's First Amendment rights are being violated.
League officials say they are a private organization that takes no government money, and the city has no right to prevent them from saying prayers on the field before games. But Fromm says the league may be private, but the field on which it plays its games isn't. It's public property, Fromm says, and the city must order the pregame prayers to stop.
<snip>

Here’s the father’s nonsensical statement:
Quote:
"So those of you here tonight to hear the terms and conditions required to appease a single upset individual, I say to you that you have been grossly misinformed and blinded by a small group of religious fundamentalists who would like to convince you that a single individual is attempting to take away, of all phrases, your First Amendment rights -- when I am, in fact, here to make you aware that yours and your children's rights to religious freedom under the U.S. Constitution have already been hijacked by that very same group."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/29/florida-parent-protests-prayer-ritual-footb...

Quote:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

So who is trying to hijack the Constitution Mr. Fromm?  You are trying to get a law passed that directly limits the free exercise of religion because you don’t like it.  What law was passed requiring your son to pray?  None.

IP Logged

oldcoastie
Ex Member

Re: Another attack on public prayer
Reply #1 - 09/30/10 at 13:08:19
Print Post  
What law was passed that requires his son to be on the football team?

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #2 - 09/30/10 at 18:02:16
Print Post  
This was never an issue many moons ago.  I have worked in the schools since dinosaurs roamed these grounds.  I was also a Boy and Girl Scout Troop leader for many years.  In that time we had people of other faiths, such as Jehovah Witnesses, etc.  When it came time to say the Pledge of the Legions, they just stood there not taking a part in this.  In my Boy Scout Troop we had one young man that left the room when we sited the Boy Scout Pledge, or said the Flag Salute.  It was never a big deal!!  Now these wackos take this all to court and expect everyone to bow to their wishes.  What about *my* rights????  As long as the State had nothing to do with writing or setting up the pray, ---sorry----no way!!

IP Logged

DearCitizen
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 01/21/11 at 14:35:44
Print Post  
And the onslaught on faith continues.  I find it funny that organizations like the Au who try to completely separate Church and state to the most radical degree.  Well their organization is headed by a ordained minister.  Of his own church.  That he calls the United Church Of Christ.  Which should really just be called Left Wing Politics Are My Religion, we will only save your soul if you completely disregard what traditional Christianity truly teaches.  Its good to be informed.  Thanks for the post!

IP Logged

Dave
CF Presidents Club

Mol�n Labe

Reply #4 - 01/23/11 at 12:51:04
Print Post  
Judeo Christian philosophy created this great nation and those who want it to fail use every opportunity to decimate that philosophy.

IP Logged

Colonial Marine0431
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/30/11 at 15:15:42
Print Post  
Dave wrote on 01/23/11 at 12:51:04:
Judeo Christian philosophy created this great nation and those who want it to fail use every opportunity to decimate that philosophy.

Actually it was Christian ideals that formed the USA.  The Jews belive that the Son of God would be a warrior with a sword in hand who would kill the non-Jews. Christ tought peace. The Jews couldn't abide this. That's why they turned Him over to the Romans and helped to crucify him.

IP Logged

Andy
CF Newbies 3

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 01/30/11 at 17:13:57
Print Post  
cj_real_american wrote on 09/30/10 at 18:02:16:
This was never an issue many moons ago.  I have worked in the schools since dinosaurs roamed these grounds.  I was also a Boy and Girl Scout Troop leader for many years.  In that time we had people of other faiths, such as Jehovah Witnesses, etc.  When it came time to say the Pledge of the Legions, they just stood there not taking a part in this.  In my Boy Scout Troop we had one young man that left the room when we sited the Boy Scout Pledge, or said the Flag Salute.

But that makes poor Jimmy feel bad because he is being excluded based on the choices of his family.  If Jimmy does not feel welcome there are other orginizations he can join.

IP Logged

Steaker
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 01/31/11 at 10:23:12
Print Post  
Dave wrote on 01/23/11 at 12:51:04:

AMEN

We seem to have no rights under the current perverted concept; of prayer is always improper everywhere.

Yet these rights were secured by Men of prayer. It can not be said often enough:

Freedom of Religion, not freedom from religion

IP Logged

USCitizen
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/08/11 at 21:46:17
Print Post  
In all fairness, the New Testament forbids public/collective prayer.

God makes this nation great.

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/08/11 at 21:48:56
Print Post  
Quote:
In all fairness, the New Testament forbids public/collective prayer.

God makes this nation great.

How's so.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Another attack on public prayer

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias