Conservative's Forum

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Oct 2nd, 2014, 10:27am

Home Help Search Login Register
Conservative's Forum « Can We Ban Islam? »

Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Can We Ban Islam?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Can We Ban Islam? (Read 9832 times)
qrayjack
Ex Member

Re: Can We Ban Islam?
Reply #10 - Oct 03rd, 2010, 12:01pm

Rev. Franklin Graham: Islam 'evil' - Politico

Rev. Franklin Graham, the son of Rev. Billy Graham, called Islam “wicked” and “evil” on Sunday during a televised town hall-style discussion about American’s feelings about the religion.

“They want to build as many mosques and cultural centers as they possibly can so they can convert as many Americans as they can to Islam,” Graham said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Graham went on to profess his love for “the Muslim people,” but said he has “great difficulty with the religion.”

“Especially with Sharia law and what it does for women – toward women, toward non-believers, the violence that is given in – under Sharia law,” Graham said.

Graham also said the Islamic center near ground zero should not be built, although he said Muslims “absolutely have the right to build a mosque or cultural center in this country.”

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politicolive/1010/Rev_Franklin_Graham_Islam_evil.h...

We can't ban evil, but we can sure as hell fight it.

IP Logged
bballfan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:08pm

I am so glad this is asked. The Germans banned the Nazi's . They killed so why not ban Sharia?  Huh

IP Logged
intj
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:21pm

Southpaw wrote on Oct 2nd, 2010, 1:10pm:
Really? Ah. So it's the Downtown Freewill Consolidated Blessed Covenant 1st Almalgomated Baptist Church? Funny, they don't normally build mosques.

My church built a new building last year.  It was not built by christianity. It was built by a couple of dozen christians in my local community.

When the incredibly dim and hate filled preacher from westboro baptist church protests at the funerals of our fallen soldiers it is not christianity that is protesting. It is a bunch of jackasses that call themselves christians.

The distinction between saying that "islam" is doing something and saying that a group of muslims is doing something is all that I was trying to point out.

IP Logged
intj
Ex Member

Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:26pm

bballfan wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:08pm:
I am so glad this is asked. The Germans banned the Nazi's . They killed so why not ban Sharia?  Huh

What the germans did doesn't really have anything to do with it. I agree that Sharia law should be banned (but that's not the question being presented). I'm not aware that sharia is currently a recognized civil legal system anywhere in the United States.

IP Logged
jpatrickham
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:33pm

intj wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:26pm:
What the germans did doesn't really have anything to do with it. I agree that Sharia law should be banned (but that's not the question being presented). I'm not aware that sharia is currently a recognized civil legal system anywhere in the United States.

"I'm not aware that sharia is currently a recognized civil legal system anywhere in the United States."

Either is Communism, but it seems to be flourishing just fine under the Democratic banner, these days.

IP Logged
intj
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:45pm

peekaboo wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:33pm:
"I'm not aware that sharia is currently a recognized civil legal system anywhere in the United States."

Either is Communism, but it seems to be flourishing just fine under the Democratic banner, these days.

That's true. But communism isn't a legal system and the communists are not trying to set up a parallel legal system. Except of course for the politicians that don't think any laws should apply to them.

No parallel legal system should be allowed in the United States. I'd be ok with a ban on communism as well.

IP Logged
Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

WA State
Reply #16 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 1:00pm

intj wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010, 12:21pm:
My church built a new building last year.  It was not built by christianity. It was built by a couple of dozen christians in my local community.

When the incredibly dim and hate filled preacher from westboro baptist church protests at the funerals of our fallen soldiers it is not christianity that is protesting. It is a bunch of jackasses that call themselves christians.

The distinction between saying that "islam" is doing something and saying that a group of muslims is doing something is all that I was trying to point out.

I don't think you are giving the ISLAMIC terrorists enough credit. Yes, they are a major part of Islam. Not a tiny group of whackjobs as in westboro baptist. The Holy Bible of Islam preaches the destruction of all the non believers. You can not compare that these two groups are the same.

Try to put a % on the number of Christians who agree with westboro vs the % of Muslims who agree with terrorism and the death or conversion of non believers and the implementation of sharia law.

IP Logged
oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 1:10pm

Just a reminder.
We need unity, esp now that the November elections draw near.
We must focus.
We must stand together.  We must defend fellow Conservatives, not find ways to split us apart.
I will leave this thread open if discussions will remain civil, without back and forth accusations.
If fellow forum members start complaining once again, I will lock this thread, as well as those who may follow.
Its ok to post information about Islam, and we have a thread for just that, called "radical islam", to which important information can be added.
Its against forum rules to discuss Religion, and we all knew that when we signed up here. ( believe me, I had to learn the hard way)
So lets be adult about this.
Just a hint...
Join groups like ActforAmerica.  Show a united front where it matters, in a way that matters.
Brigitte Gabriel is on the forefront, and an authority. Become a mentor, become a chapter leader.  You will find the necessary information at her site.  Its what I did.
No one here will tell you that we should look the other way.  Its just that complaining here, and creating all around frustration won't change a thing.
Show your support where it counts.
Deal?

IP Logged
bballfan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 1:22pm

White House has a Sharia Financial Adviser.  Sharia for me is real. I hope not to bend anyone's feathers here.

IP Logged
intj
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Oct 3rd, 2010, 5:11pm

Fishman wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010, 1:00pm:
I don't think you are giving the ISLAMIC terrorists enough credit. Yes, they are a major part of Islam. Not a tiny group of whackjobs as in westboro baptist. The Holy Bible of Islam preaches the destruction of all the non believers. You can not compare that these two groups are the same.

Try to put a % on the number of Christians who agree with westboro vs the % of Muslims who agree with terrorism and the death or conversion of non believers and the implementation of sharia law.

The only point I was addressing was that islam is a religion, not people. Just as Christianity is a religion, not people. It was not my intent to indicate an equivalency between Islamic terrorists and anybody. I'm sorry if it seemed that I was.

I give islamic terrorists plenty of credit. Just as I do the muslims that danced in the streets on 9/11/01 right here in the United States. Every one of them should have been interrogated and deported the next day. I have no idea what percentage of muslims have malevolent intent. I do know that it is not 100%. And I think it is important to make the distinction.

I agree that the mosque should not be built. There are also muslims that have publicly stated that the mosque should not be built. When we say Islam is building the mosque it implies that 100% of muslims want to build a victory mosque at ground zero and a logical extension is that 100% of muslims either approve of the 9/11 attack or at least want to rub our noses in it. If that were correct, it would be a supporting element in the case for the ban proposed in the OP. But it isn't reality.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

Conservative Blog Advertising

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Opinion Editorials

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Sarah Palin TV
Mark Levin Show
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media
Rasmussen Reports
News Busters
Right Bias
Newt Gingrich
Chicks on the Right
FrontPage Magazine
Tea Party Patriots
Phyllis Schlafly Report
Conservative News
Drudge Report
TruthUSA
Michelle Malkin
RightWingStuff.com
Right Wing News
Accuracy in Academia
The American Thinker
Hotair
Powerline Blog
Conservative News Source
Conservative Activist

Conservative Blogs
Proudvet's Blog
Political Polls
Conservative's Blog
Twitter CF
Conservatives Directory Add Your Site
Conservative Blog Advertising
Forum Rules, User Agreement and Privacy Policy
Registering Information and Forum Rules

Conservative's Forum » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.