Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Does O'Donnell's competency matter?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Does O'Donnell's competency matter? (Read 4,365 times)
Dont spread my wealth
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Does O'Donnell's competency matter?
10/20/10 at 08:42:26
Print Post  
We're catching some flak over our take on Christine O'Donnell. We're kind of shocked that people would settle for her

Even Limbaugh, who can't give her a ringing endorsement, will overlook everything else if she'll cut taxes.

Are we off base?

http://www.dontspreadmywealth.com/dont-spread-my-wealth/2010/10/19/ok-christine-...

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Re: Does O'Donnell's competency matter?
Reply #1 - 10/20/10 at 08:47:31
Print Post  
What are you saying?  Do you think C O won't be able to represent us, won't be able to vote according to our will and  morals?

IP Logged

oldcoastie
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/20/10 at 09:22:11
Print Post  
Seems like someone is happy with the status quo.

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/20/10 at 09:32:28
Print Post  
I really don't understand this.
She is running as one of us.  Why then is she being criticized for not being a snooty intellectual elitist?
Do you think she won't look into the constitutionality of issues before she'll cast her vote?

IP Logged

Dont spread my wealth
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 10/20/10 at 09:40:13
Print Post  
Oldgirl,

What I am saying is she does not appear to grasp the very thing she professes to hold paramount, The Constitution.

A child, robot or shell script could go vote the way I wanted them to. But instead, I would like to have someone will have to make important decisions, to actually have the intellect to understand the matter at hand.

She inspires no confidence in that regard.

Oldcoastie,

I am hardly happy with the mess this country is in. I think a third of government needs to be cut immediately. Wait a year and see who else needs to go.

IP Logged

Dont spread my wealth
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 10/20/10 at 09:52:54
Print Post  
Is "one of us" the only criteria? Shouldn't we demand better candidates?

But in many aspects of our society we want the elite. We desperately we need the elite. Who is the better basketball player, Kobe Bryant or you? Who's Special Theory Of Relativity is better, yours or Einstein's? Whose kid is smarter or a better athlete, yours or mine?

Why then, do we shun the elite in the one one arena that actually matters; government?

Why on earth would you vote for a candidate based on the feeling that you could sit down and have a beer with them? Those running for higher office should be better than you and me. Smarter than us. More articulate. More levelheaded. Have more foresight.  They should be the ideal to which we encourage children to aspire. The last thing they should be is common.

IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/20/10 at 10:03:06
Print Post  
Deciding what is best for America doesn't need a Harvard degree.
Look at what they are doing to the 1st Amendment, regarding religion.
While imposing restrictions an Christians by interpreting the Amendment to their liking, but opening up venues of worship for other religions, these so called educated constitutional scholars twist and turn, apply their ideology to interpret the Constitution to fit their needs.
It has to stop, and yes, sometimes its just as simple as that.

IP Logged

Dont spread my wealth
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 10/20/10 at 10:30:19
Print Post  
Certainly Christians interpret things to their liking too. I wasn't basing my opinion on religious beliefs, because no one can reason away anyone else's faith. However, the countries that allow faith to play a large roll in their governments tend to be theocracies.

Why is intellect suspect? Jefferson, Lincoln, Eisenhower, Nixon and Reagan did not have Harvard degrees.

IP Logged

Fishman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 10/20/10 at 23:51:52
Print Post  
Dont spread my wealth wrote on 10/20/10 at 09:52:54:
Is "one of us" the only criteria? Shouldn't we demand better candidates?

But in many aspects of our society we want the elite. We desperately we need the elite. Who is the better basketball player, Kobe Bryant or you? Who's Special Theory Of Relativity is better, yours or Einstein's? Whose kid is smarter or a better athlete, yours or mine?

Why then, do we shun the elite in the one one arena that actually matters; government?

Why on earth would you vote for a candidate based on the feeling that you could sit down and have a beer with them? Those running for higher office should be better than you and me. Smarter than us. More articulate. More levelheaded. Have more foresight.  They should be the ideal to which we encourage children to aspire. The last thing they should be is common.

You forgot to mention being clean. All that you mention is what the elites were pointing to in Obama. How is that workin out fer ya?  Undecided Undecided Undecided

IP Logged

Spirit
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 10/21/10 at 06:42:19
Print Post  
I will answer a question with a question.  Is Obama qualified to be president?

I don't have opinions, I have convictions.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Does O'Donnell's competency matter?

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias