Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › American Militias
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) American Militias (Read 10,001 times)
Steaker
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: American Militias
Reply #10 - 01/10/11 at 08:36:12
Print Post  
There is a group in Northern Arizona where I'm moving to. They seem small, but I don't really know much about them yet. On their website they show an affiliation with other groups around the country.

I guess in today's climate, and HomeLand treating any citizen who loves their country as the enemy, everybody has to be careful what they say.

I would have to vet them and their afiliations, and they would have to vet me. I guess nobody is going to say more than "hello" until they have some level of trust

IP Logged

RIGHT WING RADICAL
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 01/10/11 at 10:10:53
Print Post  
I'm not looking for people planning some kind of offensive action against the government.  I'm one of those folks who watches, listens and keeps my powder dry until my life is threatened.  I would not join any uprising that was intent on any type of preemptive strike.  The American way is to sit tight until attacked.

What I would want to know are things like, would there be a rallying point?  Would there be some kind of command structure?  If there was to be any resistance against an act of tyranny, would it be carried out in a legal, constitutional manner?

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #12 - 01/10/11 at 13:27:43
Print Post  
would it be carried out in a legal, constitutional manner?
My answer to this is *yes* unless you get hooked up with a wacked militia.  Steaker you can't blame them, you have to prove yourself first, let them get to know you, and then they may open up.  Just remember once you get to know them *you* may want nothing to do with this group.  The best idea I can give you is to start a local group that you know and trust!!!  As I said before there are loose cannons out there, so just be careful who you assocate yourself with.

IP Logged

Steaker
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 01/11/11 at 11:05:31
Print Post  
Although I have not contacted any group, I have been thinking about this issue for years.

I would actually like to join a large group.

Starting my own small group seems like a mistake unless I could find no group that shares my values.

I hope to find a fairly large group that has the following positive principles:

They are fairly large for the area and population of their area, showing to me that their rules and ideas are not very narrow. I don't want to join captain Bob's private army of 3, with Captain Bob's Idea's.

They have a Charter that declares the Constitution as their guide. And then sets up common rules easy to comply with that don't break or even bend rule number one: Follow the Constitution

Every man has a vote on decisions, and you have the right to obstain. The leadership is voted in, and not a monarchy. If the guy on top dies, I don't want to follow his son.

The group is organized in locations, uniforms, and weapons types. Meaning everybody knows the rally and training points. And then on recommenddation we all carry the same rifle, hand gun and ammo. Communictions and supplies should also be uniform.  Even similar vehicles if possible

Last, a personal code of professinal and respectful conduct, that everyone must keep, or they would be asked to leave.

If I could find such a group, I would like to train with them, and stand together in difficult times

IP Logged

RIGHT WING RADICAL
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 01/11/11 at 11:10:27
Print Post  
We have one in my home state.  But a retired Special Forces guy says they are a little on the kooky side.  So I'm not eager to mix with them, although, I really should check them out for myself.  

IP Logged

RJK
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 03/11/11 at 13:54:30
Print Post  
Theodore Roosevelt abhorred reactionaries that would tear this country apart. Militia are interested in preserving this country but some may get the idea that a revolution is necessary. What I offer are a few words to avoid that slipery slope. The trouble with revolution for those that may consider it an option is that time period after the revolution when all the factions wish to carve up the pie that they have won. The only revolution worth fighting if you wish to preserve this country is the one Theodore Roosevelt fought and won 100 years ago against impossible odds. We have forgotten how it was and what he did and how he did it! If you think we have lost all hope you are wrong. A real leader can be found at  http://www.tramericanpatriot.com and you do not need a gun. You just need to be fearless and do your own part. Check it out. God Bless America the land that I love.

IP Logged

Dave
CF Presidents Club

Mol�n Labe

Reply #16 - 03/11/11 at 18:58:48
Print Post  
I am my own militia when it comes to protecting what is mine.  My neighbors feel the same way.  If it comes to protecting our community we will join forces to do so.  If thats a militia then so be it.

IP Logged

patriotsuspect
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 03/11/11 at 21:26:02
Print Post  
Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? It is feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people.

A Pennsylvanian, The Pennsylvania Gazette, February 20, 1788

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Communism, I will fear no Democrat: for thou art with me; thy Word and my Rifle, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Steaker
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 03/16/11 at 13:46:53
Print Post  
Dave wrote on 03/11/11 at 18:58:48:
I am my own militia when it comes to protecting what is mine.  My neighbors feel the same way.  If it comes to protecting our community we will join forces to do so.  If thats a militia then so be it.

I Agree

I should prepare the adults in my family the best I can
I'm stocking a simple rifle in the same cal; in case we need to defend ourselves. But I have 4 sons, and a few adult woman who will hold those rifles with me.  

Yet if we stand with our neighbors. I would like to see at least 3 things agreed upon.
... Even if we never train together

1.  Who will lead. ( Hopefully a former military officer)

2.  Where we should meet and what we agree to defend

3.  Most importantly:  If not the same rifle. At least the same cal

IP Logged

RJK
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 03/16/11 at 23:22:02
Print Post  
Is not the best defense a good offense? I have no bone to pick with you about what you are saying if our country completely collapses. I would be among your numbers. But I have learned in 61 years that the best way to win a fight is to first do everything possible to avoid it. When everything fails you have the power of righteous action on your side and then the fight can be fought with a fever vengeance.

What I am saying is that there is a way to reform this government. The best way to deal with the problems we are facing is to quite watching TV because that idiot tube is a prime reason for zoning out an otherwise thinking public. So why support that which harms.

Government reform happens when people share a united interest with an influential leader. Check out what Theodore Roosevelt has to say. He faced nearly every problem we are facing today and won the battle. Why not use his philosophy of history and unite behind his visionary ethical ideal before we need to fight a war that does not need to be fought? http://www.tramericanpatriot.com/

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › American Militias

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias