Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF (Read 30,261 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

Re: Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on
Reply #10 - 11/05/07 at 18:26:57
Print Post  
We had a suggestion from a poster (Tex) that if we could get a list of anyone serving active duty, related to posters here, and could post their FPO addy's that if anyone here wished to send them Christmas Care packages.

Keep in mynd, their addy would need to be where they are stationed for the upcoming holidays.

Also, it was noted previously some were not allowed to receive packages so we will need to verify that, too, that allowances are made for this.

Thoughts anyone?  Anyone wishing to participate can send their own type package separately if they wish.

If You're Here To Teach....Then You've Much To Learn.

IP Logged

ProudVet
Ex Member

Obama is dirty

Reply #11 - 11/05/07 at 19:00:12
Print Post  
Went in Feb-66, flew across the pond Aug 66, flew back home Aug 67, got out Feb 69, that's about it.

IP Logged

swamps_mom
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 11/05/07 at 19:04:23
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 11/05/07 at 18:26:57:
We had a suggestion from a poster (Tex) that if we could get a list of anyone serving active duty, related to posters here, and could post their FPO addy's that if anyone here wished to send them Christmas Care packages.

Keep in mynd, their addy would need to be where they are stationed for the upcoming holidays.

Also, it was noted previously some were not allowed to receive packages so we will need to verify that, too, that allowances are made for this.

Thoughts anyone?  Anyone wishing to participate can send their own type package separately if they wish.  

I'm for that.  Good idea Tex.  I already sent cards to servicemen and a Christmas package is even better.

IP Logged

EldonH
CF Presidents Club

Get 'er done.

Reply #13 - 11/05/07 at 19:40:03
Print Post  
Had graduated from college and was starting on a teaching certificate, when I got drafted into the Marines.  Pretty typical until a combat training accident that tore up my leg gave me an early out.  Six operations over the years and a knee replacement 10 years ago.  I've got that worn out, so they want to dig around in there again.  All I got out of it was a membership in the D.A.V.

"Some people wonder all their lives if they made a difference.  Marines don't have that problem."  Ronald Reagan&&&&USMC 1968-69

IP Logged

swamps_mom
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 11/05/07 at 20:43:16
Print Post  
EldonH wrote on 11/05/07 at 19:40:03:
Had graduated from college and was starting on a teaching certificate, when I got drafted into the Marines.  Pretty typical until a combat training accident that tore up my leg gave me an early out.  Six operations over the years and a knee replacement 10 years ago.  I've got that worn out, so they want to dig around in there again.  All I got out of it was a membership in the D.A.V.

Sorry for your injury EldonH.  Hope you don't have to go thru much more of this.  Prognosis?  What's a D.A.V. card?  Undecided

IP Logged

ProudVet
Ex Member

Obama is dirty

Reply #15 - 11/05/07 at 20:51:04
Print Post  
It''s a service organization like the Legion or the VFW SM. Disabled American Veterans.

I'm 100% disabled myself.

IP Logged

ProudVet
Ex Member

Obama is dirty

Reply #16 - 11/05/07 at 20:52:15
Print Post  
If anyone wants to know about my service go to my blog, scroll all the way down to the bottom and read each entry in reverse order from the bottom up.

IP Logged

duster
CF Presidents Club

Thanks Cavvet, cool sig
banner

Reply #17 - 11/05/07 at 21:23:19
Print Post  
ProudVet wrote on 11/05/07 at 20:52:15:
If anyone wants to know about my service go to my blog, scroll all the way down to the bottom and read each entry in reverse order from the bottom up.

Don't need to read your blog Terry.  I know what you were doin' and you have my utmost respect.  I cannot even imagine the crap ya'all had to put up with.  There are no real war-fighters but combat infantry.   (Or, in your case, airborne)

Incidentally, WELCOME HOME

&&Intellectual: Uses more words than necessary to tell you more than he knows

IP Logged

Miss_Kitty
CF Presidents Club

God is Great, Beer is
Good and People are Crazy 

Reply #18 - 11/05/07 at 21:25:06
Print Post  
Quote:
I'll start.
I was in the US Army in the late 60's.  Went to Basic in Ft. Polk, LA.  Then to Ft. Wolters TX for warrant officers candidate school.  Then to FT Rucker, Alabama for flight school.  
I was already a commercially rated pilot before going into the army with a full season of cropdusting under my belt.  That gave me a leg up on most of the other guys.  After Ft. Rucker I went to Germany and from there to Pleiku, Vietnam in early Feb 1968.  Got there just in time for the Tet offensive.  
Once there I flew an 01 Birddog directing artillery fire, locating and marking targets for the fast guys, flying radio relay, chasing nurses, etc.

A good place to see what we did can be found at;

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.talkingproud.us/ImagesHistory/...

About the only people that know what us FACs did are combat vets.  While I am quite proud of what I did, I certainly don't consider any of it heroic.  After all, I was able to come home.

Here's an article about a couple of the real heroes that were doing what we did.

http://www.100megsfree2.com/jjscherr/scherr/Ramsay.htm

Duster,  so that was you chasing us around was it?   I thought I recognised you.   

Grin Grin Grin

&&&&

IP Logged

ProudVet
Ex Member

Obama is dirty

Reply #19 - 11/05/07 at 21:31:28
Print Post  
Duster was the man flying around in the Bird Dog directing fire and air strikes with no armnament other than some willy peter rockets to mark the targets. He was wide open to any and all enemy fire and risked his life to cover our butt with complete disregard for his own.

Don't ever let him tell you he didn't save countless lives by staying on station despite the kind of fire being directed at him.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media