Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF (Read 32,421 times)
SgtDevildog
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF
Reply #110 - 01/13/10 at 08:57:53
Print Post  
Joined my beloved Corps in 2000 after college, spent time with the 3/5 till 2002 then got transfered to India Co 3/1, promoted to 3rd Squads leader in '04 after returning to CONUS, lead 3rd squad in Fallujah . Saw action in Nasiriyah, Sadr City and Fallujah. EAS in 2007.

Semper Fi!

&&India Co. 3/1&&Nasiriyah and Sadr City, Fallujah, Operation Alljah.&&And when he goes to Heaven&&To St. Peter hell tell:&&Another Marine reporting, sir,&&Ive served my time in hell.

IP Logged

Vikefantam
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on
Reply #111 - 03/18/10 at 12:21:15
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, how do I begin? I guess like this:

I joined when I was 17 and went of to serve aboard the USS SAM HOUSTON (SSN 609) from 1982 to 1986. That boat was an old boomer that was converted to conduct SEAL insertion and recovery. I went from E-1 to E-5 during that tour. I served on the USS LAFAYETTE (SSBN 616) (Gold) from 1986 to 1987. I hated SSBN operations (way too boring) so I requested a transfer and went to the USS TREPANG (SSN 674) from 1987 to 1991. I made Chief (E-7) on that boat and the folks back at the bureau realized I had done 9 years at sea and forced me to go to shore duty. (At the time, the maximum sea tour was 5 years).
Under duress, I went to the Weapons facility at NAVMAG LUALUALIE in Hawaii from 1991 to 1994. I was selected to serve as the Force Ordnance Officer on the staff of the Commander Submarine Force, US Pacific Fleet (COMSUBPAC) and served there from 1994-1996. I then transferred to the USS PHILADELPHIA (SSN 690) to serve as the Weapons Department Leading Chief from 1996-2001. I left the Philly and returned to COMSUBPAC back out in Pearl and retired from active duty in 2003.

Since I didnt get enough of Submarines while I was in, I began working for the Navy again, this time as a civilian until present and occasionally go to sea on these remarkable vessels.

Unfortunately, I cannot participate in tales of missions and such. Like any other Submariner, we tend to be pretty tight lipped about what we did and most of us (except for the idiots who leaked stories to novel writers who knew what bar to go to) refuse to talk about it even amongst ourselves. The whole silent service motto kicks in. What I can say is that I spent a lot of time away from home (over ten years total) and missed pretty much everything you can think of (Funerals, weddings, kids first steps, blah blah blah)

The worst part of being a submariner is having someone point at one of your medals and ask what was that for and you say the phrase you have been taught to say since day one: I cant tell you.

We used to also use that phrase when our wives would ask when we are coming home or when we would be able to call from overseas.

More to follow.

My husband was also on the Trepang and Philadelphia, plus the John C. Calhoun.  We still laugh about picking up a milk substitute (fresh produce and milk don't last long during deployments) in South America called "Drinky Milky" during a Unitas.   Cheesy

Tammy&&&&As long as I have God behind me, to give me motivation to do what I need to do.&&As long as I have God at my side to hold my hand during troubled times.&&As long as I have God in front of me to guide me and show me the way.&&As long as I have God in my heart and life, I will persevere.  &&&&Tammy (Author)&&&&&&I may not win, but I can't be thrown, out here on my own.  (Irene Cara - Fame)&&

IP Logged

SV
Ex Member

Re: Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on
Reply #112 - 03/23/10 at 06:16:04
Print Post  
Vikefantam wrote on 03/18/10 at 12:21:15:
My husband was also on the Trepang and Philadelphia, plus the John C. Calhoun. We still laugh about picking up a milk substitute (fresh produce and milk don't last long during deployments) in South America called "Drinky Milky" during a Unitas. Cheesy

USS TREPANG (SSN 674) 1988

IP Logged

Clavin
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #113 - 04/06/10 at 19:32:44
Print Post  
Air Force from 1986-1998.  Flew tankers, AWACS and Joint STARS.

Flew out of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia during the 1st Gulf War.  Multiple 7 week stints in Riyahd, hence my long loath affair with that country.

God Help Us.

IP Logged

Red6.1
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #114 - 05/14/10 at 22:51:34
Print Post  
(Where stationed for any length of time)
3ID GA
172nd IN BDE SEP, 1-17 IN AK (fun but cold)
Korea
1AD, 1 BDE, 1-36 IN FRG (got to play with big toys M1/M2)

1994 - 2004, USA, IN, ABN, RGR, CPT (OCS 1997/98), ACCC (Knox) in 2000/01 when 911 happened. OEF & OIF.

Had a lot of fun. Would do it all again.

IP Logged

lopster
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #115 - 05/24/10 at 21:27:11
Print Post  
Well I started my career a little late in life compared to most. I was in college during 9/11 obtaining my A&P tickets. I tried for a while after graduating to get a job with no luck. So I joined the USAF for some training. My first 4 years was a blast! And quickly approaching my 8th year in. I started as a c130 engine tech, and now I work on c17's. I have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan 5x with numerous tdy's in between. I love it! The good, the bad and the ugly. All in combined I don't regret a thing! It runs through my blood now and I'm certain they will have to kick me out before I ever decide to retire.  Shocked

IP Logged

BamaDefender
Ex Member

Reply #116 - 05/25/10 at 22:02:54
Print Post  
I'm one of the older guys on here. I spent 6 years in the US Army and 2 years in Vietnam. (Note: I did not "misspeak". I did say "IN", not "during" Vietnam). Smiley
You'll forgive me if I choose not to tell a bunch of "war stories". I'm proud to have served my country, although I'm not as proud of what I had to do to complete the mission and come back alive.
If it's all the same to you, that's a part of my life I'd just as soon forget.

IP Logged

duster
CF Presidents Club

Thanks Cavvet, cool sig
banner

Reply #117 - 06/06/10 at 23:02:08
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm one of the older guys on here. I spent 6 years in the US Army and 2 years in Vietnam. (Note: I did not "misspeak". I did say "IN", not "during" Vietnam). Smiley
You'll forgive me if I choose not to tell a bunch of "war stories". I'm proud to have served my country, although I'm not as proud of what I had to do to complete the mission and come back alive.

Welcome Home

&&Intellectual: Uses more words than necessary to tell you more than he knows

IP Logged

the outlaw mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #118 - 06/07/10 at 16:27:25
Print Post  
Quote:

The important part is you came back alive.

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

SUBVET
Ex Member

Reply #119 - 06/10/10 at 13:12:48
Print Post  
Quote:
Welcome home and thank you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media