Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF (Read 40,540 times)
|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF
Reply #140 - 12/07/17 at 16:25:13
Print Post  
I volunteered for the Marine Corps in 1972.  My parents forwarded my draft notice to me while I was in boot camp.  I was number 12, and the draft went into the 90s in 1972.  So I would have been drafted anyway if I had not volunteered.

I went to boot at MCRD, San Diego.  After boot I was assigned to 14 Area (Main Side) of Camp Pendleton and given the MOS 1391 (Bulkfuelman).  I was assigned to the 1st Marine Division, 1st Field Service & Support Group, 7th Engineer Support Battalion, Bulkfuel Company. 

In 1973 I was sent to Futenma Air Base on Okinawa.  After a 13 month tour in Okinawa I spent the next 6 years at Camp Pendleton.  Had it not been for President Carter, I would have most likely made the Marine Corps my career.  Carter's very first act as President was to pardon all military deserters, which totally destroyed military morale.  After being passed over twice on the Staff list, I decided to get out in May 1980.

Had I known Reagan would have been elected in Nov. 1980 I would have stayed in.  But since I was already out (and for more than 90 days), if I reenlisted then I would have lost a rank and gone back to being an E-4.  I should have been an E-6, so there was no way I was going to start over again as an E-4, regardless of my time in service.

IP Logged

USMC1967
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #141 - 12/13/17 at 19:18:14
Print Post  
comical story

I served in the Marine Detachment aboard the USS Wright CC-2. (Command and Communications)

Quote:
"From 11 to 14 April 1967 Wright lay at anchor off the coast of Uruguay providing a world-wide communications capability in support of President Lyndon B. Johnson as he attended the Latin American summit conference at Punta del Este. http://www.hullnumber.com/CC-2"

Our detachment was on alert for possible riots or possible extraction should the president be in need of such a situation.

Our ship had various helicopters aboard. We had everything a combat ready detachment would need including a flame thrower filled with tear gas.

On the way home, the flame thrower needed to be discharged of all tear gas. Unfortunately the Lieutenant apparently was unaware of the placement of the ships rear FRESH AIR INTAKE when he instructed the flame thrower be discharged off the fantail.

Needless to say there were a large number of sailors lined up at sick bay coughing and gaging from the tear gas.

Jeff Sessions says corruption in the DOJ, FBI, CIA is OK no need to have a special council to investigate. Reporters bribing FBI agents for information is also OK with Jeff

What is an assault rifle ?
https://ijr.com/2016/06/627943-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-assault-rifles-...

It is my belief that conformity is a far more dangerous weapon than an AR-15.
~Quinn Keon

IP Logged

|Glitch|
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #142 - 12/13/17 at 21:30:36
Print Post  
USMC1967 wrote on 12/13/17 at 19:18:14:
comical story

I served in the Marine Detachment aboard the USS Wright CC-2. (Command and Communications)

Our detachment was on alert for possible riots or possible extraction should the president be in need of such a situation.

Our ship had various helicopters aboard. We had everything a combat ready detachment would need including a flame thrower filled with tear gas.

On the way home, the flame thrower needed to be discharged of all tear gas. Unfortunately the Lieutenant apparently was unaware of the placement of the ships rear FRESH AIR INTAKE when he instructed the flame thrower be discharged off the fantail.

Needless to say there were a large number of sailors lined up at sick bay coughing and gaging from the tear gas.

You only think the Lieutenant was unaware.  After all, what Marine could pass up an opportunity to make a boat load of squids queasy?   Grin

IP Logged

Phil Davis
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #143 - 05/30/18 at 19:11:17
Print Post  
A short bio from my current publisher's site where I write columns:

"Phil Davis served in the USAF from 1973-1993 and most of it was working in Command and Control at Strategic Air Command (SAC) and United States Air Forces Europe USAFE, while his two best assignments was working at HQ 8AF Command Center from 1984-1989 at Barksdale AFB, with a one year assignment serving with the 485 Tactical Missile Wing, Ground Launch Cruise Missiles in Belgium during 1986-1987. Phil has been writing on political issues since 1993, including a run with the Examiner prior to 2013. It was just after that when he started his own blog where he has written on various subjects about a myriad of topics related to our country's political environment and the rediscovery of American Patriotism."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsMilitary Discussion › Brainstorm - Our Past and Present Military on CF

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias