Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Concerning the Congressional reading of the US Constitution
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Concerning the Congressional reading of the US Constitution (Read 2,246 times)
childofTHANATOS
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Concerning the Congressional reading of the US Constitution
05/12/11 at 10:46:55
Print Post  
I know this subject might be "old", but I found the reading of US Constitution by the 2011 Congress at the beginning of this year...well quite frankly...disturbing. Portions of the Constitution were omitted, for example: words like "three-fifths" and "indian" were not read. I find this even more telling considering that whole reading was orchestrated primarily by the GOP to satisfy the conservatives and the Tea Party. How was the omission of certain historical peculiarities from the reading not its own form of "political correctness"? Why didn't the GOP stand up to this?!? I heard the liberal media troll conservatives over it...but no one thought of the deeper ramifications here: the reverence of the Constitution juxtaposed against the shame for American history.

CYNIC, n.&&A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.&&~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
IP Logged

oldgirl
Ex Member

Re: Concerning the Congressional reading of the US Constitution
Reply #1 - 05/12/11 at 11:31:59
Print Post  
As far as I know, they read it, didn't interpret it.
Do you have a link to verify your claims?

IP Logged

childofTHANATOS
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 05/12/11 at 16:37:17
Print Post  
They did read it...but not verbatim.

CYNIC, n.&&A blackguard whose faulty vision sees things as they are, not as they ought to be. Hence the custom among the Scythians of plucking out a cynic's eyes to improve his vision.&&~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
IP Logged

childofTHANATOS
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 05/12/11 at 16:39:31
Print Post  
Quote:
As far as I know, they read it, didn't interpret it.
Do you have a link to verify your claims?

http://dailycaller.com/2011/01/05/original-u-s-constitution-will-not-be-read-in-...

Go to YouTube and search for: Congress 2011 reading Constitution. Hear the omissions for yourself.

I think the excuses provided here are lame. They didn't want to read the parts that were later changed??? Why? Wouldn't it be better to read it verbatim and therefore understand it better in its historical and cultural context? By not reading it verbatim were they not showing a blatant disregard to the entire historical and cultural spirit that the Constitution was written? Therefore failing to realize or understand the Founders intent?

IP Logged

childofTHANATOS
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 05/12/11 at 16:42:40
Print Post  
Here is the Washington Post...sorry I didn't mean to spam. I had to break my original post up due to forum rules. I wasn't able to post my links at first.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/06/AR2011010603759....

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #5 - 06/08/11 at 20:46:51
Print Post  
We noticed some of this too.  I still don't think they get it!!  They want to damn the Consitution not obey it.  You can read something to someone til your blue in the face, but you can't make them listen.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Concerning the Congressional reading of the US Constitution

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias