Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Knowing Our Nation
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Knowing Our Nation (Read 2,401 times)
Twenty
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Knowing Our Nation
07/14/11 at 10:06:52
Print Post  
So, I have low blood pressure, so occasionally I tune into The Daily Show to raise it.

But something's been really bugging me. I was never too much of a fan of Sarah Palin, but I would've loved her as V.P. as long as McCain was president. But come on, messing up the story of Paul Revere? Why not just hand your gun over to the Liberals?! I mean, they would drop it like it was a Bible, but still.

And like most people I didn't know much about Herman Cain before he started running, but he did a horrible gaff. He was talking about how Liberals need to re-read the Constitution, then he quoted the Declaration! Again, just give the Liberals all the ammo they need. Here's a link to a youtube video with a Liberal bitching about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGyymtped8

Gaffs like that about American History and the Constitution should be illegal. Every American should get a copy of the Constitution when they graduate high school. Here's your diploma, and you're gonna need this too.

What are your thoughts on this? Obviously there's a lot of gaffs on the other side, but it makes me face-palm when our own people mess up on things I've known since middle school.

IP Logged

Shooterman
CF Presidents Club

Dum spiro pugno

Re: Knowing Our Nation
Reply #1 - 07/14/11 at 11:25:25
Print Post  
Twenty wrote on 07/14/11 at 10:06:52:
So, I have low blood pressure, so occasionally I tune into The Daily Show to raise it.

But something's been really bugging me. I was never too much of a fan of Sarah Palin, but I would've loved her as V.P. as long as McCain was president. But come on, messing up the story of Paul Revere? Why not just hand your gun over to the Liberals?! I mean, they would drop it like it was a Bible, but still.

And like most people I didn't know much about Herman Cain before he started running, but he did a horrible gaff. He was talking about how Liberals need to re-read the Constitution, then he quoted the Declaration! Again, just give the Liberals all the ammo they need. Here's a link to a youtube video with a Liberal bitching about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGyymtped8

Gaffs like that about American History and the Constitution should be illegal. Every American should get a copy of the Constitution when they graduate high school. Here's your diploma, and you're gonna need this too.

What are your thoughts on this? Obviously there's a lot of gaffs on the other side, but it makes me face-palm when our own people mess up on things I've known since middle school.

Illegal to make gaffs? Oh crappyda! What next? Parting your hair on the wrong side?

Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."R. CARTER PITTMAN&&Dalton, Ga., Sept. 28, 1955.DRAFT JAN MORGAN FOR PRESIDENT!

IP Logged

Twenty
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 07/14/11 at 12:08:36
Print Post  
Shooterman wrote on 07/14/11 at 11:25:25:
Illegal to make gaffs? Oh crappyda! What next? Parting your hair on the wrong side?

I meant that metaphorically. Obviously we shouldn't throw people in jail, but it really should be watched out for. What do you think about all the gaffs though?

IP Logged

Shooterman
CF Presidents Club

Dum spiro pugno

Reply #3 - 07/14/11 at 13:02:23
Print Post  
Twenty wrote on 07/14/11 at 12:08:36:
I meant that metaphorically. Obviously we shouldn't throw people in jail, but it really should be watched out for. What do you think about all the gaffs though?

Mountains and Molehills. I've been known to make a few in my life, no one threw me in jail.

The human psyche, being what it is, is going to make gaffs, and make unkind, stupid, bigoted, and racist remarks.

Why, I have even said a few 'aw shucks' in my life.

Admittedly I'm not a Big Wig, don't really think I'm a Little Wig, but life goes on.

Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."R. CARTER PITTMAN&&Dalton, Ga., Sept. 28, 1955.DRAFT JAN MORGAN FOR PRESIDENT!

IP Logged

Lawyer
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/28/11 at 05:19:04
Print Post  
It shood literly be illegel .

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Reply #5 - 07/28/11 at 11:03:10
Print Post  
Shooterman wrote on 07/14/11 at 11:25:25:

Well, it all depends on how you look at it.  Undecided

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

Picker
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 08/27/11 at 23:07:48
Print Post  
Quote:
It shood literly be illegel .

I objeck.

IP Logged

SFCUSA
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 09/22/11 at 09:58:13
Print Post  
Of course we will hear far more when a conservative makes a gaff.  The MSM will trumpet the fact over and over.  Did the same thing happen when our current CinC noted during his campaign that he had visited all 57 states? 

The point is, during the hectic campaign schedule, folks are going to make errors.  If we only pay attention to the gaffs made instead of the message they are trying to convey, we end up with an automaton who only spews the same message time after time.  Contrary to popular opinion, our elected officials and those running for office are human and subject to brain cramps as all of us are.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Knowing Our Nation

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias