Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Bills by we the people(reform amendment)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Bills by we the people(reform amendment) (Read 960 times)
CSArock
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Bills by we the people(reform amendment)
01/31/12 at 04:13:12
Print Post  
I thought of a cool and necessary amendment for reform. BIlls should have to be written by committees of citizens and given to the Reps unlike what we have today. THere would have to be a drawing as to what states or regions would get their bills voted on first. THere would have to be a fair rotation. The bills would have to be only 2 pages long. The congress would have to vote on the bills and could not alter them until they voted no. I'd rather have the people vote on the bills  in  a  COnfederated democracy. We'd win issues this way I think. Did I mention the system is too corruptable and I agree with the Anti- Federalists LOL!!
Take care!!
JAck

IP Logged

Shooterman
CF Presidents Club

Dum spiro pugno

Re: Bills by we the people(reform amendment)
Reply #1 - 01/31/12 at 11:15:36
Print Post  
CSArock wrote on 01/31/12 at 04:13:12:
I thought of a cool and necessary amendment for reform. BIlls should have to be written by committees of citizens and given to the Reps unlike what we have today. THere would have to be a drawing as to what states or regions would get their bills voted on first. THere would have to be a fair rotation. The bills would have to be only 2 pages long. The congress would have to vote on the bills and could not alter them until they voted no. I'd rather have the people vote on the bills in a COnfederated democracy. We'd win issues this way I think. Did I mention the system is too corruptable and I agree with the Anti- Federalists LOL!!
Take care!!
JAck

Not sure how cumbersome something like you've proposed would be, but you certainly do not think the Pilesofcrapticians will agree, do you?

I would also suggest the Anti-Federalists knew exactly the type of Leviathan we would wind up with, in spite of the glib tongues that wrote the Federalists Papers.

Our Bill of Rights constitutes a cluster of little foxholes of liberty ground into the hard cold face of history by helpless men for a shield against the lash of tyrants. They are the result of distrust of power and distrust of men in power. They are a recognition of Lord Acton's statement of a truth eternal--"power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."R. CARTER PITTMAN&&Dalton, Ga., Sept. 28, 1955.DRAFT JAN MORGAN FOR PRESIDENT!

IP Logged

CSArock
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Bills by we the people(reform amendment)
Reply #2 - 02/03/12 at 14:41:05
Print Post  
Yes Shooterman bro, we would have to have another system of elective bodies in the States or a popular vote by the States for America to survive. You know I've said I love the anti-federalists. I love Centinel, Brutus, Federal Farmer, George Mason, and patrick Henry. THose papers smell like sweet liberty. Madison was better than the rest of the Federalist, but he must have been naive. James Wilson, Roger Sherman, and Alexander Hamilton were too big government and out for themselves.
Take care!!
JAck

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Bills by we the people(reform amendment)

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias