Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › The Senate not good
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Senate not good (Read 1,837 times)
CSArock
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

The Senate not good
02/21/12 at 16:09:56
Print Post  
ANother criticism of our current system is how the Senate is set up. I do like the idea of giving small States a check on larger populations, but the Current system does not do this at all. We all agree big govt. and politicians are bad, so why should we give a politician six years to derstroy the country. I say if the Senate is kept atleast make them run every two years. I believe that the house of reps whose numbers are 435 are completely paid off except a few. THe Senate of only 100 people is totally paid off. Only 2 people representing a  State can't be a genuine representation of the interests of that State.
THe Senate must be replaced by a COnfederated Republic or even a Confederated Democracy. Elective bodies in our States should be able to make National decisions. Each State would have 1 vote. A majority of the States should be able to over rule any action from the Washington Government  The System is not working and allows Oligarchs to steal from the people. We need the people of the States to have the final say in this Country not a Central Government.
Take care!!
JAck

IP Logged

phat
CF Newbies 5

Conservative's Forum

Re: The Senate not good
Reply #1 - 02/23/12 at 20:55:19
Print Post  
I wrote an essay of sorts on similar content.  I proposed eliminating the current federal representation in favor for a different model here.  The essay is posted on my personal website.  Here is the link: http://sugatote.com/Politics_and_Writing.html  The piece is titled "Congressional Reform:  Proposed Benefits of Altering House and Senate Representation".

I think you might enjoy it.  I also talk about lingering questions that may exist after reform.

IP Logged

CSArock
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: The Senate not good
Reply #2 - 03/06/12 at 02:29:33
Print Post  
Your model is cool and shows you are thinking outside the box. I don't catch how many delegates or states it takes to pass national bills. Phat buddy, I don't agree EDucation is a National issue.Education is a county issue. Food inspection would be better  at the State level too. Here is another model. THere is a house of Representatives that consists of Districts in each state of 80,000 people. THis would make the hOuse about 3900 Reps. To make the house more manageable the House would have to vote on all bills that had 300 signatures. If a bill passed the house then States would have to vote on that bill within 60 days. The Senate would be replaced by State bodies that are comprised of districts of 40,000 or atleast 27 members. These State voting bodies would remain in the State. Both Houses would serve only 2 year terms.
In my plan a majority of the States can nullify any Federal act, agency, or expenditure. It would take 55 percent to pass military expenditures or stop piracies. It would take 60 percent of the State voting bodies to spend money on internal improvements or print more money at no debt or interest.
It would take 2/3 of the State voting bodies to send soldiers overseas, declare war, borrow money, or spend money on foreign aide. Maybe a state like California or Texas would only get 501 or 601 State reps to save money. It would still not cost much more than a few Bilion dollars to have Representation close to home that is more reformable.
Take care!!
JAck

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › The Senate not good

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias