Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › A Brave Couple
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic A Brave Couple (Read 2,569 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

A Brave Couple
03/14/12 at 16:30:00
Print Post  
Back in 2003, I had been undergoing my second Interferon treatment.
I attended the annual spiritual retreat at that tyme, and was introduced to another attendee, who had also been undergoing the same, who was struggling with it, and I was asked to spend some tyme with him to offer some comfort.  We went to one of the speaker meetings, and this fella Brendan, whom I had attended some fellowship meetings with, was the speaker and he was sharing his experience with struggles of his own, due to cancer, and it was so coincidental, the two of us were there to listen to Brendan's story of hope and experience.  Since then, I have seen Brendan on occasion at meetings I attend and was saddened to learn of his wife's learning she had cancer as well.  Though, both at one tyme were in remission, his wife, Jana, unfortunately is facing the disease being active again.  The couple will be going to Germany soon to undergo some special treatment.  Brendan has been in and out of remission as well.  I have so much admired his courage with what his family shares and faces together, with smiles on their faces, and they are still even able to show support to my own, what I feel, a much lesser malady of suffering.  

Here is Jana's story.

http://orlandohealth.com/mdanderson/Cathy%E2%80%99sStory/Jana%27sStory.aspx?pid=...

I only ask for prayers to go out to Brendan and his wife to continue this courageous fight.  Thank you in advance.

If You're Here To Teach....Then You've Much To Learn.

IP Logged

nanny
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: A Brave Couple
Reply #1 - 03/16/12 at 21:11:54
Print Post  
Wow byrd what an amazing couple. Sounds as if your pretty blessed to even know such a great couple. You can be sure I will keep them in my prayers as well as you my friend. Kiss

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

Reply #2 - 04/19/12 at 21:38:44
Print Post  
Received this video in email concerning the couple in this story.  Both are friends of myne from the program and Brendan helped encourage me when I was undergoing my second interferon treatment.  I had been on a retreat in 2003 and he was one of the speakers.  At that tyme, he had been undergoing some horrendous treatments for cancer himself.

As it is often read in meetings.....“We shall be with you in the Fellowship of the Spirit as you trudge the Road of Happy Destiny.”

IP Logged

MayFlower
CF Presidents Club

Living The Dream

Reply #3 - 04/19/12 at 21:58:16
Print Post  

I will pray for them, Nyte. What an inspirational couple! I like what they said at the end about serving. Didn't know what it meant 10, 20 years ago but I do now.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

Reply #4 - 01/15/13 at 18:04:52
Print Post  
I don't know how many may recall the events of these two brave souls discussed in the previous posts, but I have been being updated on Jana's progress.  Since her treatment in Germany, she has had several setbacks and presently, things do not sound too promising, so prayers for her and her family would be appreciated.

Thursday, a bunch of us in the program (AA) are going to the hospital pavilion to help celebrate her birthday.

This is the latest heartfelt email her husband has been keeping us posted with:

----------------------------------------------

UPDATE FRUSTRATION

Written 25 minutes ago

I ACCOMPANIED JANA TO INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY TODAY AND THE DR TOOK ANOTHER LOOK AT THE HEPATIC AREA.  HE AGREES THAT THE HEPATIC FLOW IS A PROBLEM AND THAT IT IS PROBABLY CAUSING THE ASCITES.  BUT!!  BUT!!  INSISTS THAT JANA IS NOT A CANDIDATE FOR THE T.I.P.S PROCEDURE.  THERE ARE A FEW REASONS ALL OF WHICH MAKE SENSE TO ME.

HIS SUGGESTION IS TO STAY THE COURSE.  THAT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE TO ME. AT ALL.  THE COURSE IS SLOWLY WATCHING THE LIFE LEAVE JANA'S BEAUTIFUL BODY.  SO I PRESSED HIM AND HE JUST DOES NOT SEE ANY OTHER PROCESS EXCEPT PALLIATIVE CARE.  HE SEES NO SOLUTION AS FAR AS ANOTHER PROCEDURE.

I FINALLY, RESPECTFULLY DISAGREED SIGHTING MY OWN VIEW OF DEATH ALMOST EXACTLY 10 YEARS AGO.  I LET HIM KNOW HOW SICK I HAD BEEN AND THAT IS SIMPLY WHY I AND WE WILL NOT ROLL OVER AT THIS POINT.  I KNOW HOW IT LOOKS TO THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY AND TO MOST WHO ARE WATCHING.  ITS SIMPLY THAT JANA HAS ASKED ME TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HER IN THE PHYSICAL SOLUTION AND I AM KEEPING MY WORD ON THIS;  FOR HER.  AND SO I WILL.

I AM IN THE PROCESS OF ENROLLING A HEPATOLOGIST.  A LIVER EXPERT.  THERE ARE SOME ROADBLOCKS TO THIS AS ORMC/MDA DOES NOT HAVE LIVER SPECIALS SPECIFICALLY.  BUT FLA HOSP DOES.  SO I WILL WORK ON THAT.

LETS CONTINUE TO ASK HP (HIGHER POWER) TO GUIDE THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY.  WE KNOW!!

STAY IN TOUCH.  I HAVE STOPPED USING THE COLORED FONT AND BACKGROUND AS SOME OF YOU ARE HAVING DIFFICULTY SEEING IT CLEARLY.

STAY WITH US AND STICK CLOSE BY.  JANA IS LOOKING FORWARD TO HER BIRTHDAY.

THANKS EVERYONE.

BP

(BELIEVING POSSIBILLITIES)

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

Reply #5 - 01/19/13 at 22:14:37
Print Post  
Received this following message from Brendan.  Sad

IT IS WITH A VERY, VERY HEAVY HEART THAT I SHARE WITH YOU THAT OUR BELOVED JANA PASSED AWAY THIS EVENING AT 6:45 PM.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #6 - 01/20/13 at 09:14:18
Print Post  
  I'm sorry for your loss Byrd..  Makes one puddle up.. Cry

IP Logged

nanny
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #7 - 01/21/13 at 23:00:48
Print Post  
So sorry byrd. She sounds like she was quite the fighter. Cry

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

Reply #8 - 01/29/13 at 18:36:02
Print Post  
Here are some videos that were put together as a memorial for Jana.

http://vimeo.com/58466189

http://vimeo.com/58472768

RIP Jana.

She had a wonderful turnout at the memorial service held this past Saturday with a couple of hundred in attendance.

IP Logged

Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

Reply #9 - 07/29/15 at 19:07:40
Print Post  
You may recall this story of my friend, Brendan, I posted about several
months ago.

He recently was interviewed on Unity.FM and shared his story about
his growth of spirituality and sobriety through AA.

It's a rather long radio listen, so for anyone's FYI at leisure.
You can move up to marker 7:15 where he begins to speak
when introduced by host.

http://www.unity.fm/episode/SpiritOfRecovery_072815

Brendan had recently celebrated 20 years of sobriety.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › A Brave Couple

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media