Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Do you marinate your meat
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Do you marinate your meat (Read 5,550 times)
Tin pan Dan
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Do you marinate your meat
09/01/12 at 16:16:48
Print Post  
I use beer with shrimp, red wine with beef, and white wine with chicken. Any suggestions you guys (and gals) have would be appreciated.

IP Logged

chefplr
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Do you marinate your meat
Reply #1 - 09/02/12 at 22:12:21
Print Post  
What is you want to do?  What you have is fine but there can be others.  Italian dressing is good to marinate something easily.  And there are many very good types.  Balsamic etc.

Have you ever had Ceviche?  It is actually just marinated shrimp, fish, scallops etc that is technically cooked via acid such as Lemon Juice, Lime Juice etc.

Have you ever use Lea and Perrins white wine Worcestershire sauce for chicken.  It is very tasty.

There can be many other ideas, Soy sauce, teryaki sauce, add herbs, chilis, seasonings etc. to make better marinades.  Also try using different types of wines.  Port, Sherry, Cabernet, etc.

IF CONSERVATIVES HAVE A WAR ON WOMEN THEN WHY ARE THERE "RAPE FREE ZONES" AT OWS EVENTS AND NOT NEEDED AT TEA PARTY RALLIES?

IP Logged

Tin pan Dan
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 09/03/12 at 11:05:53
Print Post  
chefplr wrote on 09/02/12 at 22:12:21:
What is you want to do? What you have is fine but there can be others. Italian dressing is good to marinate something easily. And there are many very good types. Balsamic etc.

Have you ever had Ceviche? It is actually just marinated shrimp, fish, scallops etc that is technically cooked via acid such as Lemon Juice, Lime Juice etc.

Have you ever use Lea and Perrins white wine Worcestershire sauce for chicken. It is very tasty.

There can be many other ideas, Soy sauce, teryaki sauce, add herbs, chilis, seasonings etc. to make better marinades. Also try using different types of wines. Port, Sherry, Cabernet, etc.

Hello Chef, as I am a single dad with a 14 year old athlete son I am constantly looking for something new to make for him. My daughters are all grown up and on their own, although neither of them can really cook (good thing they can't read this ) and my son sometimes complains about my limited knowledge of dishes I prepare. I've tried soya as a marinade but found that it leaves the meat too salty. I like the lemon idea but how do you actually marinade with it? Do you dilute it with something, or add something else? How about the shrimp, can I mix lemon with beer or will that spoil the taste?

I had not heard of the word ceviche although I now know I've tried it before when I was in Venezuela, visiting friends that live there, it was delicious. I'll try it this week, with lobster and crab meat.

IP Logged

chefplr
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 09/04/12 at 19:45:59
Print Post  
Tin Pan Dan,
Regarding mixing lemon and beer- not any problem at all.  In fact think about a very popular Mexican beer that gets served with a lime wedge every time.

Now marinating with straight soy would make things far too salty.  That is one of the dangers of using soy.  You must temper its use with other things and herbs and spices also.  Also using oil helps cut things and helps when you cook things. 

As far a great Ceviche recipes go to Food network.com and type in ceviche in the search box.  There are some easy simple recipes there.  Also use it for finding different recipes for all your needs.

IF CONSERVATIVES HAVE A WAR ON WOMEN THEN WHY ARE THERE "RAPE FREE ZONES" AT OWS EVENTS AND NOT NEEDED AT TEA PARTY RALLIES?

IP Logged

Spirit
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 09/09/12 at 00:37:48
Print Post  
I brine shrimp, chicken and pork chops.  Add a cup of salt to a gallon of water and soak for about an hour.  Besides flavoring, it retains moisture in the meat.

I don't have opinions, I have convictions.
IP Logged

chefplr
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 09/09/12 at 01:10:46
Print Post  
Spirit wrote on 09/09/12 at 00:37:48:
I brine shrimp, chicken and pork chops. Add a cup of salt to a gallon of water and soak for about an hour. Besides flavoring, it retains moisture in the meat.

Brining is a wonderful idea also.  And not just Salt (although that is essential.)  You can add things like Maple syrup, molasses, etc and all kinds of herbs.  I have done this to turkeys for thanksgiving.

IP Logged

mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 09/10/12 at 21:43:38
Print Post  
Curry Chicken Marinade

2 Tblsp Curry Powder
2 Tblsp Ground Cumin
1 Tblsp Garlic Powder
2 Tblsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Teaspoons Paprika
3 Tblsp Olive Oil

Will coat 4 chicken beasts. Let marinate over night in fridge.

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

moose
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 09/10/12 at 23:18:09
Print Post  
just recently tried brining whole chicken with water salt sugar and lemon juice. so very most and tasty. give it a try.

IP Logged

MayFlower
CF Presidents Club

Living The Dream

Reply #8 - 09/13/12 at 06:40:19
Print Post  

How about ribs? I hear ribs in chicken broth overnight, then slow 2 hr boil in the broth before BBQ works...................

PEACE ON EVERYONE

IP Logged

chefplr
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 09/14/12 at 00:17:32
Print Post  
MayFlower wrote on 09/13/12 at 06:40:19:
How about ribs? I hear ribs in chicken broth overnight, then slow 2 hr boil in the broth before BBQ works...................

Please Please Please don't ever boil good ribs.  Boiling takes out flavor.  If you do not have a smoker here is a much better way.  Season the rack with your favorite rib rub.  Wrap 1-2 racks tightly in tin foil.  cook in your oven 300 deg. for 4-5 hours or until tender.  Unwrap and place side by side in a tray back in your oven now at 400 for 10 min. until nicely caramelized.

And personally I recommend not using baby back ribs.  IMO they are just toothpicks  with a little meat on them.  Use ST. Louis style Pork ribs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Do you marinate your meat

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias