Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Zucchini pizza - delicious
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Zucchini pizza - delicious (Read 1,099 times)
ladygellin
Forum Moderator

Texas does the body good!

Zucchini pizza - delicious
07/20/13 at 12:35:31
Print Post  
Grilled Zucchini Pizza Slices

This "recipe" is just a guideline. Adjust amounts to make as many pizzas as you'd like.

--large zucchini slices, cut 3/4 inch thick
--olive oil, for lightly brushing both sides of zucchini and oiling grill grate
--pizza sauce of your choice. I use canned Chef Boy-R-Dee, as it has the lowest grams of sugar.
--grated cheese I use a blend of low-fat cheese, but you can use any cheese you'd enjoy on pizza.
--pizza toppings of your choice I use low-fat turkey pepperoni, but you can also use sauteed mushrooms, Canadian bacon, cooked sausage, caramelized onions, sliced olives, sauteed bell peppers, or any other toppings you'd like on pizza.

Oil the grill grates by using a bit of oil on a paper towel, then preheat grill to medium-high. If using a broiler, it should be preheated as well. I use my toaster oven, set on 400.

Cut zucchini into thick slices about 3/4 inch thick. Don't use enormous zucchini with large seed for this recipe. If you can, use 8-Ball zucchini, which make lovely round slices. You can also cut your zucchini lengthwise, but I recommend the round cut.

Grill the zucchini 7-8 minutes, or until there are some grill marks and it's starting to be tender. (If the zucchini has a side that's slightly larger, grill that first so it will be the "top.")

Remove zucchini from the grill, putting them grilled-side up on a cutting board you can use to take them to the kitchen. Add sauce, about a tablespoon or less on each, depending on size of zucchini slice, cheese, and other toppings as desired. Finish with a little more cheese.

Put loaded zucchini slices back on the grill or in the broiler/toaster oven and cook 7-8 minutes more with the grill lid closed. Check them every few minutes to see when the cheese is melted and the toppings are lightly browned, especially if you're using a broiler. If you have a gas grill where you can regulate the heat, I turned it to high when I put the pizza back on.

Remove zucchini pizzas from grill and serve hot.

If you like zucchini and pizza, you'll love this.

IP Logged

L
Ex Member

Re: Zucchini pizza - delicious
Reply #1 - 07/21/13 at 12:28:47
Print Post  

Sounds good.   Have you ever used tortillas for crust?

IP Logged

ladygellin
Forum Moderator

Texas does the body good!

Reply #2 - 07/30/13 at 11:33:30
Print Post  
Quote:
Sounds good. Have you ever used tortillas for crust?

No. But if I did, I would use flour tortillas. Smiley

I love making vegetable quesadillas with large yellow onions sliced in strips, yellow and red bell pepper strips, plus zucchini and yellow squash slices.

I cook them altogether in olive oil until they are just tender. Then, I place them on a flour tortilla, top them with Monterrey Jack cheese, and cover it with another flour tortilla, then toast in toaster oven - set at 400. Remove when cheese is melted and tortillas are toasted to your satisfaction. Smiley

IP Logged

Mike.Redd
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 08/01/13 at 11:01:40
Print Post  
Yum, Looking forward to trying this.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Zucchini pizza - delicious

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias