Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsGun Rights › Starbucks Taking away our Second Amendment Right! Banning Guns.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Starbucks Taking away our Second Amendment Right! Banning Guns. (Read 4,901 times)
Mike.Redd
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Starbucks Taking away our Second Amendment Right! Banning Guns.
09/18/13 at 10:30:27
Print Post  
WTF Starbucks? How can you take away something that was started by our Founding Fathers. StarBucks you are not the government. Stick to business not politics!

Are they even really allowed to do this? If I have a concealed weapon permit, what can they do? just not serve me an over price cup of coffee?

This comes after the Navy yard shooting. I understand the worry about gun safety. But would really taking away peoples guns make people safe against a shooter?

This really ticks me off!  Angry Angry Angry

Source Rare.us | Why Starbucks is banning guns http://rare.us/story/why-starbucks-is-banning-guns/

IP Logged

Phfatcat
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Starbucks Taking away our Second Amendment Right! Banning Guns.
Reply #1 - 09/18/13 at 10:44:17
Print Post  
Well, maybe not quite...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20130918/US--Starbucks-Guns/

What it says is, SB doesn't LIKE guns, but they're not BANNING them, either...typical fence-sitting stance...which, I guess, is better than SB just outright saying "No"...

Why the change of position? Simple...dollars.  Gun owners were protesting outside of SB stores enough to keep people away and cause negative publicity, SO..

SB's  convoluted rationalization for their new "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy?

They don't want their employees to "confront an armed customer"...some day, unfortunately, those same employees will thank God one of their armed customers HAS a sidearm in their possession when one of the millions of our nation's marauding criminals decides to jack one of their shops...

IP Logged

mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 09/18/13 at 10:55:36
Print Post  
They won't kick you out for packin' heat, butt you can bet your bottom dollar their service won't be the best it can be. I'll bet some of the patchouli oil smellin', dredlock wearin' barristas will prolly be downright snarky when they see that you brought Smith & Wesson with you.

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 09/18/13 at 11:16:02
Print Post  
Starbucks is a private business, so they have a right to exclude anyone from their place of business for any reason. However, if they do decide exclude people who are legally carrying guns, all conservatives should boycott Starbucks.

Personally, I avoid Starbucks because I can't stand the smell of coffee.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #4 - 09/18/13 at 11:32:09
Print Post  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  Except the part about the smell of coffee..

IP Logged

andy144
CF Presidents Club

Conservatives Forum

Reply #5 - 09/18/13 at 15:10:18
Print Post  
Anyone dumb enough to pay $5 for a cup of coffee does not have the mental capacity to carry a gun.

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them which would include our government." George Washington "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.' H. L. Mencken "Common sense is not so common." Voltaire

IP Logged

1goofball
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 09/18/13 at 15:36:00
Print Post  
andy144 wrote on 09/18/13 at 15:10:18:
Anyone dumb enough to pay $5 for a cup of coffee is not have the mental capacity to carry a gun.

Short and to the Point!

No matter which way the wind blows, I will stand behind Islam - Barry "the idiot" Obummer -This country is not a Christian nation! - Barack Insane Obummer - Liberalism works by manipulating the weak-minded through self-hatred.

IP Logged

TheLawman
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 09/18/13 at 15:57:33
Print Post  
Not a problem to me.  I'm not 21 and I'd rather have a Dr Pepper than overpriced drinks.

I don't like obama.

IP Logged

Phfatcat
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 09/18/13 at 17:17:24
Print Post  
mortarman wrote on 09/18/13 at 10:55:36:
They won't kick you out for packin' heat, butt you can bet your bottom dollar their service won't be the best it can be. I'll bet some of the patchouli oil smellin', dredlock wearin' barristas will prolly be downright snarky when they see that you brought Smith & Wesson with you.

Smiley

Well, how would any one in the store know whether you are CARRYING a gun or not?  Concealed Carry, anyone?  Or do gun owners like to tell the whole world they're armed?  Wouldn't that be defeating the whole purpose of carrying in the first place?

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 09/18/13 at 17:27:25
Print Post  
TheLawman wrote on 09/18/13 at 15:57:33:
Not a problem to me.  I'm not 21 and I'd rather have a Dr Pepper than overpriced drinks.

I'm almost 81 and I prefer Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, or Iced Tea over any of those overpriced drinks.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsGun Rights › Starbucks Taking away our Second Amendment Right! Banning Guns.

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias