Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › Where Does The Power Come From
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Where Does The Power Come From (Read 590 times)
gabriel
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Where Does The Power Come From
11/02/14 at 14:45:40
Print Post  

Where does the power come from to run the race and see it to the end?

Every one of us has a race to run. We do not know if it will be a sprint or a marathon, but we know that Jesus is with us in this run. We know that we must run with confidence, and with Christian integrity. Our race, every step of the way, is an act of worship; our using of God’s gifts to His glory is an act of worship.

How joyous our life in Christ is! To live out every moment of every day conscious that we are under the gracious rule of our Lord Jesus; to carry out our callings and our tasks with a sense of fulfillment and delight, because we know that we are in fact serving Christ; to pass days in a state of thankfulness, in constant communion with the Living God, our creator, who has purchased us with the blood of his own Son. This is the beautiful vision to which all of the Gospel calls us. Our lives are lived as an act of worship, Coram Deo, before the face of God, in the presence of God. Ever in the presence of God, we shall run and not be weary.

“Victory over all the circumstances of life comes not by might, nor by power, but by a practical confidence in God and by allowing His spirit to dwell in our hearts and control our actions and emotions… Where does the power come from, to see the race to the end? It comes from within. Jesus said, “Behold, the kingdom of God is within you. If with all your hearts, you shall ever seek Me, you shall ever surely find Me.” If you commit yourself to the love of Christ, then that is how you run the straight race.” - Eric Liddell, Olympic champion and Christian missionary.

"I have one great fear in my heart, that one day when they have turned to loving, they will find we are turned to hating."&&

IP Logged

nanny
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Where Does The Power Come From
Reply #1 - 11/02/14 at 21:29:51
Print Post  
Isn't it amazing gabriel the more you depend on him the more he shows you and the more you see prayers answered? It's such a hard thing to explain to people, especially one that is so young in Christ.

Funny the older you get the more you trust him. I guess when I was young I thought my way was better. Wink Of course many many many times I found out different. Smiley

Thanks for the reminder. Smiley

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPoetry and Inspirational › Where Does The Power Come From

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media