Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Bobby Jindal for President.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Bobby Jindal for President. (Read 2,366 times)
TrentDBU
Ex Member

Bobby Jindal for President.
02/03/15 at 23:57:33
Print Post  
Someone asked me to explain why I'm a Jindal supporter, so I'll do so.

Briefly, I'll say that I think he checks all the boxes for everyone.  He's pro life and anti gay marriage for social conservatives, he's a tax cutter and limited government guy for fiscal conservatives, and he's a brilliant person individually.  He's got a Masters from Oxford, he was a Rhodes scholar, and he's got experience both at the legislative and executive level, having been both in Congress and a governor.  

Health care is going to be a major point in the 2016 elections, and as someone who worked with Tommy Thompson, was Secretary of Health and Hospitals in Louisiana, and was director of a bipartisan committee on Medicaid, he can speak authoritatively on the subject.  He turned around Louisiana's health system big time.  He was also president of the Louisiana University System, another big point since education will be another major point in 2016.  

It's my personal opinion that Jindal is the only one that could be in the field right now that has what it takes to be the President.  

IP Logged

Ronny Magnus
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Bobby Jindal for President.
Reply #1 - 02/04/15 at 00:06:40
Print Post  
That's a good summary. So are we to gather from your evaluation of him as a potential candidate for POTUS that there are areas of profound disagreement that you have with him but are willing to support him anyway?

Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have. — Barry Goldwater&&&&

IP Logged

TrentDBU
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/04/15 at 00:21:58
Print Post  
Ronny Magnus wrote on 02/04/15 at 00:06:40:
That's a good summary. So are we to gather from your evaluation of him as a potential candidate for POTUS that there are areas of profound disagreement that you have with him but are willing to support him anyway?

Yes.  For example, I consider his position on gay marriage to be essentially pointless.  However, I'm going to vote for him regardless, if I'm given the opportunity and he runs. 

What I care about is that he's brilliant, he's a tax cutter, he's strong on health care and education, and he's got a good perspective on military development.

IP Logged

Ronny Magnus
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 02/04/15 at 00:42:55
Print Post  
I also like Jindal although admittedly I have not researched his record or made myself familiar with his initiatives and accomplishments through public service.

I know he is a great orator, something that you left out, and after GWB I am hungry for a Republican that is articulate. He seemed to get a luke warm reception after he gave his response of the SOTU address a few years back but if he enters the field I believe he can redeem himself in the debates. We'll see.

Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have. — Barry Goldwater&&&&

IP Logged

FellowPatriot
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/04/15 at 04:26:19
Print Post  

Where is Mr. Jindal on the million's of illegals that are already in our country?

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/04/15 at 05:44:15
Print Post  
Quote:
Where is Mr. Jindal on the million's of illegals that are already in our country?

Bobby Jindal on Immigration 

We need a high walls and wide gate. (Feb 2014)

We've got a backwards system: low walls and a narrow gate. (Feb 2014)

A secure border means that border governors certify it. (Feb 2014)

Mexico is effectively exporting its unemployment to us. (Nov 2010)

Enforce existing laws & refocus on high-skill immigrants. (Nov 2010)

Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006)

Rated 100% by USBC, indicating a sealed-border stance. (Dec 2006)

Government services in English only. (Mar 2008)

Declare English as the official language of the US. (Feb 2007)

http://governor.ontheissues.org/Bobby_Jindal.htm

IP Logged

TrentDBU
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/04/15 at 06:01:02
Print Post  
He's essentially the best candidate.

Rated 100% by pro life.

Rated 100% by gun rights

Rated 100% by immigration

Brilliant, experienced, conservative.

And yet for some odd reason, people are going gaga over a mouthbreather like Walker.

IP Logged

FellowPatriot
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/04/15 at 06:15:05
Print Post  
Quote:
Bobby Jindal on Immigration  

We need a high walls and wide gate. (Feb 2014)

We've got a backwards system: low walls and a narrow gate. (Feb 2014)

A secure border means that border governors certify it. (Feb 2014)

Mexico is effectively exporting its unemployment to us. (Nov 2010)

Enforce existing laws & refocus on high-skill immigrants. (Nov 2010)

Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)

Voted YES on preventing tipping off Mexicans about Minuteman Project. (Jun 2006)

Rated 100% by USBC, indicating a sealed-border stance. (Dec 2006)

Government services in English only. (Mar 2008)

Declare English as the official language of the US. (Feb 2007)

http://governor.ontheissues.org/Bobby_Jindal.htm

Thanks for the info 55.

But... Louisiana has a very high illegal immigration problem due to agriculture that looks like Jindal hasn't really done anything about.

Compare him to Arizona's Gov for example?

IP Logged

Ronny Magnus
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 02/04/15 at 08:39:32
Print Post  
Quote:
He's essentially the best candidate.

Rated 100% by pro life.

Rated 100% by gun rights

Rated 100% by immigration

Brilliant, experienced, conservative.

And yet for some odd reason, people are going gaga over a mouthbreather like Walker.  

I have been involved in political debate with liberals on message boards for almost 20 years now. Your choice of terminology has a familiar ring to it. "Mouth breathers" "Knuckle draggers" "Slack jawed yokels" are some of the most commonly used terms to describe conservatives by the left.  I find it curious that you chose such a term as "mouth breather" to describe Walker considering that you are a conservative. I don't know if it is your in your face attitude being so new to this board that I find disconcerting or just the fact that you give off the impression of talking down to people that gives me pause. You say you are a conservative yet you seem to utilize the liberal playbook when it comes to debate. For now, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You have less than 50 posts not nearly enough for me to fully evaluate your POV. I guess time will tell whether my suspicions about you are warranted or if I was being overly critical.

IP Logged

Ronny Magnus
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 02/04/15 at 09:00:28
Print Post  
Quote:
You sound like me.  Check out what I said on the "Nazi" thread about and to him.  He's suspect in my book.

I did and you seemed to express the same concerns and suspicions that I have although more succinctly.  Especially when it comes to those in academia.  I don't believe that in my year and a half of being a member of this board that I have once mentioned my career or educational background as I feel that it is not necessary to disclose that information for the purpose of debate. This guy came to the board and immediately started handing out his resume'.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Bobby Jindal for President.

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias