Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Bobby Jindal for President.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Bobby Jindal for President. (Read 2,365 times)
Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Re: Bobby Jindal for President.
Reply #10 - 02/04/15 at 09:03:15
Print Post  
  And it may be a class assignment .. Wink

IP Logged

Ronny Magnus
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 02/04/15 at 09:13:38
Print Post  
Wayne wrote on 02/04/15 at 09:03:15:
 And it may be a class assignment .. Wink

That never crossed my mind.  Very astute observation.

Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have. — Barry Goldwater&&&&

IP Logged

TrentDBU
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/04/15 at 09:28:19
Print Post  
Ronny Magnus wrote on 02/04/15 at 08:39:32:
I have been involved in political debate with liberals on message boards for almost 20 years now. Your choice of terminology has a familiar ring to it. "Mouth breathers" "Knuckle draggers" "Slack jawed yokels" are some of the most commonly used terms to describe conservatives by the left.  I find it curious that you chose such a term as "mouth breather" to describe Walker considering that you are a conservative. I don't know if it is your in your face attitude being so new to this board that I find disconcerting or just the fact that you give off the impression of talking down to people that gives me pause. You say you are a conservative yet you seem to utilize the liberal playbook when it comes to debate. For now, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. You have less than 50 posts not nearly enough for me to fully evaluate your POV. I guess time will tell whether my suspicions about you are warranted or if I was being overly critical.

I wasn't aware of the fact that mouth breather was a term specifically reserved for use by liberals.  I've always considered it a term for someone who just wasn't that bright.  

My friend, you're the one with the "in your face" approach to this board.  I'll remind you that my only acrimonious comments come at the response to your multiple veiled comments to me.  I don't know what you're babbling about with my "liberal approach" to posting.  

Incidentally, here's a site that uses the term for liberals.

http://weaselzippers.us/4007-ex-rep-alan-grayson-d-mouth-breather-says-obama-los...

They also call Obama a mouth breather in other articles.  It's a pretty common term for that site.  

Oh, also Ted Nugent uses it.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/09/thanks-for-nothing-numbskulls-ted-nugent...

As for my throwing around my resume, I mentioned it in my introduction.  Aside from that one post, I've said nothing other than that certain things are in my field. 

So.

There seem to be two or three people who think I'm somehow "not conservative", but can't place their finger on why. 

I've mentioned the current academic scholarship on political spectrums and why it's valid.  I've said that Scott Walker is essentially a team player and not an idea man, and that I don't think he's qualified as anything other than a regional politician.  I've explained why I think Bobby Jindal could be the greatest president we've had in modern times. 

Wherein lies the secret liberalism?

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #13 - 02/04/15 at 09:33:33
Print Post  
Are you sure you're on the correct forum? We are NOT a debate forum and we dont take kindly to name calling and accusations .

IP Logged

TrentDBU
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 02/04/15 at 09:37:04
Print Post  
Wayne wrote on 02/04/15 at 09:33:33:
Are you sure you're on the correct forum? We are NOT a debate forum and we dont take kindly to name calling and accusations .

If you don't take kindly to accusations, why is it that you're totally ok with him accusing me of being a liberal? 

As the admin, I'm going to ask you, in that case, whether that's a subjective or objective rule, because there is no point here where I've demonstrated any interest in debating liberal versus conservative, nor have I started posting liberal agendas or anything, yet there are snide comments tossed my way.  

Are you turning a blind eye to the repeated comments by Ronnie in multiple threads?   The one where he mentions he'll keep an eye on me and implies things without saying it?   The one in the Nazi thread where he specifically insults me by asking if I'm going to create MS paint images for something ludicrous?  

I've come on here to discuss being a conservative, the upcoming election and my own political views, as well as current events.  Just like everyone else.  

The comments without any substance are insulting.  

IP Logged

Ex Member

Reply #15 - 02/04/15 at 09:41:20
Print Post  
We come here for the same reasons but not to be graded and degraded.  For the sake of civility, let's just say that your posts have an "air of superiority" about them that doesn't translate well into others wanting to engage you.  You state your opinions as unequivocal fact not to be refuted when they hold no more water than anyone else's.  

You're not the first one who came in like a lion and left like a lamb...usually banned.

Take it for what it's worth. You're not my battle.  Undecided

IP Logged

TrentDBU
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 02/04/15 at 09:52:58
Print Post  
Well, I find it hard to handle this, because if I say, "Well no, I disagree with how you're characterizing my posts" I'm arguing, which isn't the purpose of the board.

I'll assume I have some leeway when things are directed specifically at me.  I very carefully separate my opinions from things that are well established as facts.  The thread about the email where George Soros is taking guns, for example.  That's someone getting a viral email in their inbox where there's really nothing in it accurate.  As for the political spectrum, yes, I'm pretty strongly on that one because the science behind it is sound and I believe it's very clear that a single axis can't adequately graph the complexity of the world's politics.  If people find that superior, I of course apologize, but it's a fairly established scientific field at this point. 

If people think I'm a liberal just because I teach, I don't know what to say to that.  This is the party of George Will, I mean.

I guess I'll just leave with this. 

http://www.theimaginativeconservative.org/2011/10/decline-of-american-intellectu...

This is one of the things I think about, that I work on.  We can't have a vibrant political system if we don't work on all aspects of the party, and if we don't understand why we believe things, and we don't assess those beliefs, we're not being honest.

IP Logged

Ronny Magnus
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 02/04/15 at 09:53:08
Print Post  
Quote:
If you don't take kindly to accusations, why is it that you're totally ok with him accusing me of being a liberal?  

As the admin, I'm going to ask you, in that case, whether that's a subjective or objective rule, because there is no point here where I've demonstrated any interest in debating liberal versus conservative, nor have I started posting liberal agendas or anything, yet there are snide comments tossed my way.  

Are you turning a blind eye to the repeated comments by Ronnie in multiple threads?   The one where he mentions he'll keep an eye on me and implies things without saying it?   The one in the Nazi thread where he specifically insults me by asking if I'm going to create MS paint images for something ludicrous?  

I've come on here to discuss being a conservative, the upcoming election and my own political views, as well as current events.  Just like everyone else.  

The comments without any substance are insulting.  

I apologize if I have broken any board rules. I usually make the occasional comment in passing but for some reason you rubbed me the wrong way and I became a little more engaged than usual.

My comments could be interpreted as snarky but I don't feel that they were of a flaming nature. I guess the administrators can judge if I was out of line.

Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have. — Barry Goldwater&&&&

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #18 - 02/04/15 at 10:09:01
Print Post  
  There exists a certain amount of strife that wasnt here before you joined . No blame being placed or insinuated . Just a fact . Get along or dont . Your choice . We  have PMs for disputes .

IP Logged

the outlaw mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 02/04/15 at 13:52:59
Print Post  
I don't see Jindal running. It seems that he is more interested in staying where he is. I also feel that he would resist a draft movement.

I think that the with a few dropping out here an' there, that the field of those who are going to run for the GOP nomination is pretty much set an' nobody else will enter. Their names will prolly be brought up, butt one by one they will announce that they will not seek nomination an' I think that Bobby Jindal will prolly do that in April.

Smiley

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Bobby Jindal for President.

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias