Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › 4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, Police Brutality, Need for Amnesty
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, Police Brutality, Need for Amnesty (Read 753 times)
Southpaw
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, Police Brutality, Need for Amnesty
02/06/15 at 15:20:53
Print Post  
I hope the Jebster is stubborn enough, and arrogant enough to keep doubling down on his support for Common Core:

From Breitbart:

Fourth graders in Wake County, North Carolina have been assigned one book that involves the Black Panthers and racism, and another involving a father’s murder, police crackdowns on Mexican unions, and immigration to the United States.

According to Stop Common Core North Carolina, a parent reported 4th graders have been told to read the book One Crazy Summer, by Rita Williams-Garcia, in which three sisters are sent by their negligent mother to a camp run by the Black Panthers.

A description of the book at Amazon.com states it is “the story of three sisters who travel to Oakland, California in 1968 to meet the mother who abandoned them.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/02/06/4th-grade-reading-assignments...

IP Logged

the outlaw mortarman
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: 4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, Police Brutality, Need for Amnesty
Reply #1 - 02/06/15 at 15:27:45
Print Post  
The Department Of Indoctronation at it's finest. I'm glad that Walker has proposed that Wisconsin schools don't have to abide by Common Core guidelines.

Smiley

The only controls I want on my guns are the ones I operate by myself, such as safety, magazine release, bolt or slide, optics an' trigger. Any others are unnecessary.
the outlaw mortarman

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: 4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, Police Brutality, Need for Amnesty
Reply #2 - 02/06/15 at 15:42:09
Print Post  
Isn't that content a little heavy for 4th graders? What happened to Charlotte's Web or Mr. Popper's Penguins?  Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Cruella
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 02/06/15 at 17:32:44
Print Post  
Gabriele wrote on 02/06/15 at 15:42:09:
Isn't that content a little heavy for 4th graders? What happened to Charlotte's Web or Mr. Popper's Penguins?  Cry Cry Cry

Suggested CC reading lists are graded on a Lexile scale. 
It's a formula for age appropriateness that aligns with common core.  By appropriateness, I don't mean the content of the story, but the difficultly level.   

From what I've read, there are suggested lists, but that doesn't mean this book was on that list.  It could have just been the teachers or schools choice to use it.

I would be curious if this book is on the CC reading list and why the teacher/school picked it.

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency"

IP Logged

Southpaw
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 02/06/15 at 17:47:36
Print Post  
Why is this book on a Common Core reading list?

“The Bluest Eye” does appear on the Common Core Standard’s recommended reading list for 11th graders, and 40 states have signed on to those Common Core standards.

http://twitchy.com/2013/08/31/the-bluest-eye-brings-graphic-depictions-of-rape-p...

IP Logged

andy144
CF Presidents Club

Conservatives Forum

Reply #5 - 02/06/15 at 18:15:54
Print Post  
GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT, GET OUT of the left-wing gub'ment schools. They will get worse.

"A free people ought not only be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them which would include our government." George Washington "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.' H. L. Mencken "Common sense is not so common." Voltaire

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › 4th Grade Reading Assignments: Black Panthers, Police Brutality, Need for Amnesty

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias