Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPolitical Activism, Strategy, Blogs › liberalism and the denial of the evil of Islam
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic liberalism and the denial of the evil of Islam (Read 1,613 times)
WtnWIJeff
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

liberalism and the denial of the evil of Islam
03/01/15 at 17:33:03
Print Post  
I’ve been watching a bit of Fox News lately as I always do (until I get bored  of the continuous monotonous political drumbeat) and have been reminded continuously of President Obama’s refusal to believe Muslims are terrorists. Those who perpetrate terrorist acts, he says, are practicing a mutated version of Islam – almost, I suppose, as much as troublesome Boy Scouts would be practicing a corrupted version of Boy Scoutery. There are strong reasons to suspect that Islam encourages violence as part of its theology (see the video Islam-What the West Needs to Know at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywNYoAgLzm4), but I won’t get into details here. What Obama’s reluctance does is highlight a tendency among the left to excuse or avoid the fact evil exists and must be combated.  It’s something I wrote about in my book The Vast Wastelands of Unbelief, but Andrew Stuttaford alluded to this in an article published in National Review in 2002.  
Stuttaford attended the 28th national convention of the American Atheists in Boston, and came to the conclusion that even though there are no horns on their heads, there are plenty of chips on their shoulders. There are plenty of them who feel oppressed and have succumbed to what might be called “the cult of the victim.”

When Stuttaford wrote this, it was only one year after 9/11,and it would have been a perfect time for people antagonistic toward religion to approach the problem of Islamic terrorism with clear thinking. Stuttaford says nothing like this was to be found. Instead, they focused on less inconsequential problems like the antiquity of “God Bless America” and the overuse of religion to comfort America. Stuttaford reflects on this amusingly with the quip, “They were ready to fight the Kaiser, but it is Hitler who is now in town.” There were a few talks on terrorism, but the time spent on this was no greater than the time devoted to crude jokes, and Stuttaford says it was obvious these atheists were more comfortable in taking cheap shots than talking about serious matters.
Why so? For one thing, it’s easier to take cheap shots at an enemy that doesn’t fight back with violence. Atheists also share a common enemy with Islam: American Christianity which teaches that people are innately sinful and need a savior. Liberals generally deny humans have such a nature to them, and evil must be due to society’s failures – never mind that society is due to these same people. It’s easier to blame Islam’s violence on  the hometown religion you despise than see it for what it is.
The problem with this attitude is that a denial of Christian’s truth keeps one from recognizing true evil. I’ve noticed that in my life by staying closer to God and His demands, I’m able to see legitimate goodness and more clearly see legitimate wrongness - in the same way a florist is able to easily spot beautiful flowers as well as dying ones. Constantly keeping your mind on objective moral truth makes it easier to spot moral error.
That’s why I believe people will not be able to spot true evil, like Islam, without a legitimate moral revival.

This latest blog post can be viewed at http://vastwastelandsofunbelief.blogspot.com/

IP Logged

GregR
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: liberalism and the denial of the evil of Islam
Reply #1 - 03/03/15 at 03:48:03
Print Post  
Reminds me of a quote I heard the other day.

Good can imagine Evil; but Evil cannot imagine Good.
W.H. Auden

IP Logged

Ishmelbolano001
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 12/18/16 at 01:36:27
Print Post  
Liberalism is a mental disorder and once you're there.. There's really no turning back. It's difficult to talk to someone who doesn't understand what Islam is and less what it really stands for. Miami is filled with idiots and everyone in this city praises them like the next big thing.

At least not me.
Islam means submission in Latin.

If you don't submit to "Allah" then you're going to die a very painful death. If you do submit then you'll go the heavens and have sexual intercourse with 36 virgin women.

They're crazy. They need to modernize.

IP Logged

longshot
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 01/04/17 at 21:46:20
Print Post  
Not all KKK members are racist.

I don't stop for animals but I will stop for tools.

IP Logged

MaxPolitics
Junior Member3

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 01/05/17 at 07:25:55
Print Post  
You know what I've noticed? The left will constantly stick up for Islam and denounce anyone who criticizes it as "Islamophobic". The problem lies in how they'll defend Islam, but always attack Christianity. I don't know about you, but I've never seen a modern day Christian going around shooting people/blowing people up. It's very hypocritical considering how they act like they're being inclusive towards religion, when really they're only being inclusive towards one. If the left doesn't want to be so hypocritical, they should either love all religions, or hate all of them. Nothing in between.

IP Logged

longshot
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 01/05/17 at 08:52:34
Print Post  
Max I have yet to see a proclaimed Christian run into a crowded restaurant yelling, "Jesus Saves" with a dynamite vest strapped on in order to take out the patrons.

I have read about acts of compassion by  both Christian and non-Christian sacrificing their one life in order to save the lives of many others. We are raised in different cultures. Ours is Judeo Christian based on a loving compassionate Lord. Theirs is based on serving a master without compassion.

I don't stop for animals but I will stop for tools.

IP Logged

blakewilliams
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/02/17 at 19:14:08
Print Post  
Islam is evil. There is only one true religion: Christianity.

IP Logged

blakewilliams
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 02/02/17 at 19:18:52
Print Post  
longshot wrote on 01/05/17 at 08:52:34:
Max I have yet to see a proclaimed Christian run into a crowded restaurant yelling, "Jesus Saves" with a dynamite vest strapped on in order to take out the patrons.

Exactly, that is what Muslims do. Their all terrorists deep down, and every single one should be deported.
I am 100% in favor of a Muslim ban. We don't need them, and sooner or later they are going to turn on us. With millions of them spread throughout the US, they will launch terror attacks from within.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsPolitical Activism, Strategy, Blogs › liberalism and the denial of the evil of Islam

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias