Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Boehner Tells House Republicans: ‘We All Need To Be Team Players And Support Each Other’
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Boehner Tells House Republicans: ‘We All Need To Be Team Players And Support Each Other’ (Read 852 times)
Southpaw
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Boehner Tells House Republicans: ‘We All Need To Be Team Players And Support Each Other’
03/03/15 at 20:27:35
Print Post  
Boehner, the Joe Isuzu of the GOP Establishment...

From Breitbart:

A solid majority of House Republicans — 167 in all — rejected a call for GOP unity from Speaker John Boehner earlier on Tuesday, a sign of his slipping grip on power in the House after he flip-flopped to support President Barack Obama’s executive amnesty by providing funding for it.

“We all need to be team players and support each other,” Boehner told House Republicans, according to a House GOP aide, in regards to his new efforts to pass a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) funding bill that doesn’t block Obama’s executive amnesty.

That’s not exactly what even Boehner himself has done, however.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/03/boehner-tells-house-republica...

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Boehner Tells House Republicans: ‘We All Need To Be Team Players And Support Each Other’
Reply #1 - 03/03/15 at 21:15:20
Print Post  
As I posted on another thread.

A local radio host (Joe Walsh) who is a former Republican Congressman, said NOT to assume those who voted "no" meant that they are against amnesty.

He said Speaker Boehner only needed a few votes since all the Democrats voted YES.  He said that left other Republicans free to vote NO and look like they are against it.

That allows them to LOOK LIKE they kept campaign promises.

Food for thought.

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

Southpaw
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Boehner Tells House Republicans: ‘We All Need To Be Team Players And Support Each Other’
Reply #2 - 03/03/15 at 21:20:26
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 03/03/15 at 21:15:20:
As I posted on another thread.

A local radio host (Joe Walsh) who is a former Republican Congressman, said NOT to assume those who voted "no" meant that they are against amnesty.

He said Speaker Boehner only needed a few votes since all the Democrats voted YES.  He said that left other Republicans free to vote NO and look like they are against it.

That allows them to LOOK LIKE they kept campaign promises.

Food for thought.

Lily003   Angry

That's a good point. Politicians often vote to make themselves look good with their constituents, if the desired result of the shot callers isn't in question. I don't think there are 167 Republican congressmen who are solidly principled conservatives. That number is probably closer to three dozen.

I think it's a pretty safe bet that Bridenstine, Huelskamp and Jordan are the real deal though, since Boehner and his cronies are targeting them.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 03/03/15 at 22:29:34
Print Post  
Also of note is WHEN the Speaker asked for the vote.

Not on Friday when the current funding ran out.  Nope, he couldn't wait to get it done on Tuesday.

The exact Tuesday that Prime Minister Netanyahu give his speech to both houses of Congress.

Distraction maybe?  Thinking it won't be looked at so much when the speech was being talked about?

Lily003    Shocked

IP Logged

MP
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 03/03/15 at 23:43:42
Print Post  
Mr. Boehner is probably a good and decent man, but he should not be the Speaker.  I've often wondered who has an excellent record of conservatism.  The Heritage Action Scorecard listed the following five representatives:  1) Trent Franks of Arizona, 2)Jeffrey Duncan of South Carolina, 3)David Brat of Virginia, 4 ) Matt Salmon also of Arizona, and, 5) Jim Jordon of Ohio.  Can any of my good colleagues speak on behalf of any of these Representatives?  Would any of  t hem make a good replacement for Mr. Boehner?

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 03/03/15 at 23:58:04
Print Post  
If Boehner steps down, the next in line is Kevin McCarthy.  He is from California, need I saw more.  We are doomed.  I doubt if a Conservative would win the Speakers job.

IP Logged

MP
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 03/04/15 at 00:17:51
Print Post  
Bigmck, you make a really good point.

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 03/04/15 at 09:21:25
Print Post  
MP wrote on 03/03/15 at 23:43:42:
Mr. Boehner is probably a good and decent man, but he should not be the Speaker.  I've often wondered who has an excellent record of conservatism.  The Heritage Action Scorecard listed the following five representatives:  1) Trent Franks of Arizona, 2)Jeffrey Duncan of South Carolina, 3)David Brat of Virginia, 4 ) Matt Salmon also of Arizona, and, 5) Jim Jordon of Ohio.  Can any of my good colleagues speak on behalf of any of these Representatives?  Would any of  t hem make a good replacement for Mr. Boehner?

The man is a freak, any adult man who spends as much time as he does in a tanning both is a wuss. Sorry just my opinion.

Where's my RECIPROCITY???????
Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Boehner Tells House Republicans: ‘We All Need To Be Team Players And Support Each Other’

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias