Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Chicken breasts
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Chicken breasts (Read 591 times)
Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Chicken breasts
04/05/15 at 08:36:12
Print Post  
  From my new cook book. Did this last night and it is fabulous .
When you cook chicken breast are they tough around the edge of the fattest part? Poke 5 or 6 times in the fat part with a fork and sprinkle with a trace of salt . 1/4 teaspoon is about right. Place in the fridge for about an hour..
 Preheat oven to 275 . Place chicken in a roasting pan and tightly wrap pan with foil . Cook for about a half hour then pan fry with butter to desired temp or looks.
 I sprinkled a little Italian roast bread crumbs in with the butter and used the butter and  bread as a sauce .

Everything in moderation. Never tasted more tender chicken..

IP Logged

ladygellin
Forum Moderator

Texas does the body good!

Re: Chicken breasts
Reply #1 - 08/26/15 at 11:45:48
Print Post  
Thank you Wayne. I wondered how to make my chicken tender. Every chicken I buy in the store is so tough and not very tasty. I will try it your way now.

The only difference is that I will bake my chicken with soy sauce, mustard and honey. I just blend those three ingredients and spread over the chicken breasts. I then place sliced onion, bell pepper, carrots and red potatoes around my chicken. I salt and pepper the veggies, then cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes, depending on "bone in" or "bone out".

I never use a recipe so I can't really say how much of each ingredient I use. I can say this: don't use too much mustard as it will overpower the other ingredients. Wink

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Re: Chicken breasts
Reply #2 - 08/28/15 at 08:05:10
Print Post  
ladygellin wrote on 08/26/15 at 11:45:48:
Thank you Wayne. I wondered how to make my chicken tender. Every chicken I buy in the store is so tough and not very tasty. I will try it your way now.

The only difference is that I will bake my chicken with soy sauce, mustard and honey. I just blend those three ingredients and spread over the chicken breasts. I then place sliced onion, bell pepper, carrots and red potatoes around my chicken. I salt and pepper the veggies, then cover with foil and bake for about 40 minutes, depending on "bone in" or "bone out".

I never use a recipe so I can't really say how much of each ingredient I use. I can say this: don't use too much mustard as it will overpower the other ingredients. Wink

The par baking is part of the tenderizing. After the par bake you can cook it anyway you want. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Chicken breasts

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media