Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › So much for Freedom OF Speech
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic So much for Freedom OF Speech (Read 1,601 times)
dakotalonestar
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

So much for Freedom OF Speech
06/05/15 at 19:25:36
Print Post  
With the incarceration of Nakoula Basseley Nakoula, “stateside,” freedom of speech is a ghastly image of its once robust self.

How dare anyone residing in America use an alias to create a film.  Why that's almost as dangerous as "workplace violence" on a U.S. Army base, or unsuspecting police having hatchets wielded at them.  I am being facetious of course.  Angry

What’s next, burning books that paint Hitler in a negative light?  Wish ye may, wish ye might, but sheer evil shunneth your vain delight, for which we’ve a word – delusional.

Schizophrenia is referring to THE INTERVIEW as satire while being okay with the treatment of Nakoula Basseley Nakoula.

Awaken out of your slumber.  Soon it might be too late.

Now may be a good time to come apart amicably.
IP Logged

Ashe Skyler
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: So much for Freedom OF Speech
Reply #1 - 08/12/15 at 23:02:49
Print Post  
Not the first time freedom of speech has been limited in America. Lincoln shut down lots of presses in the north that didn't support him, books get banned from school all the time, and I don't think the Dixie Chicks' career ever recovered. I don't think the damage was ever undone each time freedom of speech was forcefully obstructed either.

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.&&&&My Heritage, My Flag, My Opinion&&&&Portraits and Custom Artwork
IP Logged

17Oaks
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 10/26/15 at 10:26:26
Print Post  
As of today you might as well toss the Constitution into the round file, its gone:

Justice Department Won't Bring Charges Against Lois Lerner

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/lois-lerner-charges_562a8275e4b0ec0a3894737a

Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...any questions?

IP Logged

WinterAngel
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 10/27/15 at 13:07:46
Print Post  
Ashe Skyler wrote on 08/12/15 at 23:02:49:
Not the first time freedom of speech has been limited in America. Lincoln shut down lots of presses in the north that didn't support him, books get banned from school all the time,

(((and I don't think the Dixie Chicks' career ever recovered.)))

I don't think the damage was ever undone each time freedom of speech was forcefully obstructed either.

I'd forgotten all about them and also that damage you're talking about.  Please refresh my memory.

"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping he will eat him last"&&&&Winston Churchill &&&&&&&&Breitbart Is Here&&

IP Logged

Ashe Skyler
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 10/27/15 at 17:54:39
Print Post  
WinterAngel wrote on 10/27/15 at 13:07:46:
I'd forgotten all about them and also that damage you're talking about.  Please refresh my memory.

The only thing I can remember at the moment is repressing religious freedom of speech followed by a decline in morals and increase in anxiety. Then the usual stuff where some corrupt emperor or what-have-you would execute people telling the truth and then history never getting recorded accurately.

Cogito eggo sum. I think, therefore, I am a waffle! | Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians. | Give 100% in all you do! Unless you're giving blood.&&&&My Heritage, My Flag, My Opinion&&&&Portraits and Custom Artwork
IP Logged

trumaga
JuniorMember

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 02/11/16 at 23:31:21
Print Post  
our freedom of speech is dying

IP Logged

Scotch Hamilton
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 08/23/16 at 17:26:59
Print Post  
I'm not sure the Dixie Chicks ever lost their freedom of speech, they just didn't like it when folks used their own freedom not to listen to them.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › So much for Freedom OF Speech

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias