Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Pulled chicken
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Pulled chicken (Read 1,084 times)
Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Pulled chicken
08/21/15 at 10:49:54
Print Post  
     Made this in my crock pot over night . 3 chicken breast and 2 bottles of BBQ sauce  . Cooked on low all day and on warm overnight . Turned back to low early this morning and have been downstairs twice to "pull " the chicken. One more trip down should do it . Smells yummy.
  Maybe I'll make some tater pancakes to go with the chicken..

IP Logged

ladygellin
Forum Moderator

Texas does the body good!

Re: Pulled chicken
Reply #1 - 08/26/15 at 10:55:07
Print Post  

I have actually cooked chicken breasts like you described, but on top of the stove. I don't pull the chicken, but serve it whole with my "famous" Wink mashed potatoes. To me, it tastes better than putting it on the grill and brushing BBQ sauce over it the entire time it's cooking.

I just place the chicken breasts in a large cooking pot, pour my favorite BBQ sauce over it, add some water and 1 medium diced onion. I cook it on medium-low and keep checking the chicken to see if it is done.

When done, I serve the chicken on a plate with the mashed potatoes and whatever veggie I am in the mood for. If you want you can spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and mashed potatoes. Yummy! My family loves it. Smiley

IP Logged

bballfan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 08/29/15 at 14:53:11
Print Post  
Yummy!

“Look, we’re led by a man that either is not tough, not smart, or he’s got something else in mind,”  Donald J.Trump. 6/13/16

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #3 - 10/20/15 at 10:48:30
Print Post  
I don't get *pull the chicken*, do you mean as remove it from the crock?

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #4 - 10/20/15 at 13:25:55
Print Post  
ladygellin wrote on 08/26/15 at 10:55:07:
I have actually cooked chicken breasts like you described, but on top of the stove. I don't pull the chicken, but serve it whole with my "famous" Wink mashed potatoes. To me, it tastes better than putting it on the grill and brushing BBQ sauce over it the entire time it's cooking.

I just place the chicken breasts in a large cooking pot, pour my favorite BBQ sauce over it, add some water and 1 medium diced onion. I cook it on medium-low and keep checking the chicken to see if it is done.

When done, I serve the chicken on a plate with the mashed potatoes and whatever veggie I am in the mood for. If you want you can spoon some of the sauce over the chicken and mashed potatoes. Yummy! My family loves it. Smiley

More sauce per ounce of chicken when its pulled and the same with pork. That's why it is pulled.. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsCooking, Crafts and Home Decorating › Pulled chicken

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias
Rasmussen Reports