Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTalk Radio - Conservative News Sources › A pet peeve on talk radio
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) A pet peeve on talk radio (Read 1,416 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

A pet peeve on talk radio
12/08/15 at 15:27:49
Print Post  
All the shows I listen to do this, and it's really bugging me!

The host will be talking about a serious subject, then, in the same tone, launch into something that turns out to be a COMMERCIAL.

Listened to Mark Levin last night.  There was news, weather, traffic, commercials for several minutes.  He may have talked for about a minute, then launched into one of his commercials to read.

Am I the only one that this bugs??

I am having trouble finding email addresses (other than Rush) to make this comment!

Lily003    Angry

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: A pet peeve on talk radio
Reply #1 - 12/11/15 at 14:07:46
Print Post  
I guess I must be the only one!

Lily003

IP Logged

ConservDave
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 12/15/15 at 17:35:02
Print Post  
I get irritated by it to.

I listen to Rush and then Hannity. Rush does it but I think Hannity is the worse.

But I guess they have to do what they have to do to keep the bills paid.

IP Logged

MP
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 06/05/16 at 11:51:06
Print Post  
When Levin lectures about the benefits of conservatism and then lauches into a commercial about his favorite mattress, well, that leaves me a little irate too.  However, Dave you make a very good point.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 06/10/16 at 15:27:06
Print Post  
They all do it.  And I understand about paying bills!  I think Hannity's show is the worst.

But, they make it sound like it's part of what they are talking about.  It just irks me to no end.

Blah blah blah blah blah, protect your identity with Life Lock.  Blah blah blah blah blah, have our tax professionals help YOU.

DO NOT act like it is part of what you were JUST talking about.  Do not try to fool your listeners.  It just makes me mad and I sometimes just turn it off in frustration.

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

Daniel
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 07/26/16 at 20:36:58
Print Post  
I mean sure it's annoying but they gotta pay the bills. Its sort of funny sometimes because Mark Levin will get really into a story then start reading in his 'advertisement' voice.

Supporting Capitalism and the 2nd Amendment since 1999.

IP Logged

reason10
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 07/27/16 at 12:29:38
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 12/08/15 at 15:27:49:

The host will be talking about a serious subject, then, in the same tone, launch into something that turns out to be a COMMERCIAL.

Listened to Mark Levin last night.  There was news, weather, traffic, commercials for several minutes.  He may have talked for about a minute, then launched into one of his commercials to read.

I am having trouble finding email addresses (other than Rush) to make this comment!

Lily003    Angry

You might want to cut these guys a break. It's all they can do not to just rip the microphone off the stand in the control room and just beat somebody bloody with it.

Here, we have our heads on straight. We're going to vote for Trump this fall. We don't need to watch that Democrat clusterfuck informercial for Hitlary. I haven't watched a second of it and I'm not going to. I trust those Democrats like I would trust a convicted pedophile to run a daycare center.

Rush and Levin HAVE to watch that whole abortion of a presentation for the entire week. It's their JOBS to watch every agonizing mind numbing moment of those Democrat lies and then report on it the next day. And those ads they slip into their 3 hour editorial sessions are paying the bills.

I feel bad for them. No doubt, Rush and FoxNews are wishing that some large group of people overseas would get machine gunned by some ISIS operatives just so they could turn the cameras somewhere other than Philadelphia.

We don't have to watch those nuts, but they do. I feel bad for them.

Then again, with the MILLIONS they are making in advertising revenues, I'm not shedding THAT many tears.

IP Logged

WMK
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 11/27/16 at 21:51:00
Print Post  
I stopped listening consistently to 'talk' a few years ago and the 'commericals' was part of the reason. Their frequency so irritated me that I timed their duration - 4 mins. When a commericial set started I'd turn the radio off or all the way down, then back up after 4 mins.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 01/27/17 at 06:31:04
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 12/08/15 at 15:27:49:

Listened to Mark Levin last night.  There was news, weather, traffic, commercials for several minutes.  He may have talked for about a minute, then launched into one of his commercials to read.

Lily003    Angry

I know exactly what you are referring to.  Their tone does not change and you have no idea they are on some other topic.  I don't know if it is by design or not, but I don't like it.

IP Logged

SimpleFred35
CF Newbies 3

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 05/23/17 at 13:59:20
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/27/17 at 06:31:04:
I know exactly what you are referring to.  Their tone does not change and you have no idea they are on some other topic.  I don't know if it is by design or not, but I don't like it.

Like another poster said, they have to pay the bills.

I hate the commercials that try to pretend they are a host.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTalk Radio - Conservative News Sources › A pet peeve on talk radio

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media