Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Amend the constitution to divide the executive branch of government
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Amend the constitution to divide the executive branch of government (Read 505 times)
cloudslicer
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Amend the constitution to divide the executive branch of government
03/08/16 at 08:50:52
Print Post  
It seams to me that the executive branch is too powerful and represents a single point of failure for the nation. All it takes is one nutjob to become commander and chief and the country is put at risk. Furthermore, I think the job is too big for any one brain to deal with.

I think we should have 3 Presidents with specialized roles.

1. President of Defense.   
    a. In peace time is merely the extension of the secretary of defense   
    b. In war time has power over the other two Presidents.

2. President of the Interior
    a. Sets domestic policy
    b. during natural or cataclysmic disasters has power  over the other two Presidents

3. President of foreign/judicial affairs
     a. sets trade and foreign policy and handles appointing people to the various branches of government such as the supreme court.

No President has the no right to Pardon anyone. This is a leftover from the divine right of Kings.

IP Logged

Conservative Mike
CF Newbies 1

Conservative's Forum

Re: Amend the constitution to divide the executive branch of government
Reply #1 - 10/01/16 at 12:02:32
Print Post  
This is an interesting concept that was evaluated by the Founders and found to be impractical. A single executive was chosen to ensure that the executive duties would be carried out. More than one executive would essentially constitute a committee which they saw from history didn't work.
The elevation of executive power has been caused by the Congress allowing the executive to wield power that he is not given by the Constitution. When TR Roosevelt came in to office he took an oath to defend the Constitution and then said things like: "To hell with the Constitution when the people need coal." or "I refuse to believe that just because the Constitution does not grant me power to do something, that I can't do it."
This was the beginning of the Progressive movement.
And the Congress at the time went along with it.

Congress is our real problem. They have let the Executive get away with stealing power. The Constitution doesn't need amending, it just needs enforcement.

IP Logged

RedDirt
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 10/06/16 at 23:29:14
Print Post  
Conservative Mike wrote on 10/01/16 at 12:02:32:
Congress is our real problem. They have let the Executive get away with stealing power. The Constitution doesn't need amending, it just needs enforcement.

I agree completely. Same for SCOTUS.  I can't comment on the three presidential departments, though.
As chartered, the court's place was to decide in disputes between states, disputes that could not be settled by the supreme courts of the states themselves. It was never meant to write the law of the land.
The 14th, which has been the most challenged amendment of all, should never have happened.
"Equal Protection" was interpreted to mean one law applies to all. That was a progressive scheme, approved by SCOTUS for obvious reasons.

IP Logged

mark4th
CF Newbies 4

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 10/27/16 at 16:11:41
Print Post  
I would love to see a constitutional amendment that BARRED any member of the bar corporation from at a minimum two (and more preferably all three) of our branches of government.  I would specifically bar them from ever being on the supreme court for a start.

The courts are constantly extending their own authority and diminishing our rights and 7 of the 8 current members of this court are of the opinion that if the legal meaning of a word used in the constitution changes (because they specifically changed it) then the new word meaning is controlling.

I.E. when they redefine a word they change the original intent of the constitution.

edit:
The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced as the very definition of tyranny.
-- James Madison.

We are all born ignorant
but one must work hard to remain stupid.

-- Benjamin Franklin
IP Logged

Freightdog
CF Presidents Club

Reply #4 - 10/28/16 at 00:35:48
Print Post  
RedDirt wrote on 10/06/16 at 23:29:14:
I agree completely. Same for SCOTUS.  I can't comment on the three presidential departments, though.
As chartered, the court's place was to decide in disputes between states, disputes that could not be settled by the supreme courts of the states themselves. It was never meant to write the law of the land.
The 14th, which has been the most challenged amendment of all, should never have happened.
"Equal Protection" was interpreted to mean one law applies to all. That was a progressive scheme, approved by SCOTUS for obvious reasons.

I agree with that statement. The supreme court is supposed to give an opinion based solely on the constitution. If the law needs to be changed, it is congress that is supposed to create the law. A supreme court opinion does not automatically create law, that is a usurpation of their constitutional authority...

Vegetarians eat vegetables. Beware of humanitarians...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConstitutional Issues › Amend the constitution to divide the executive branch of government

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media