Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed (Read 7,304 times)
Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed
Reply #20 - 04/11/16 at 13:29:53
Print Post  
Quote:
Colorado's GOP primary is a mess, but the candidates were all playing by the same rules. Cruz has had a serious effort in Colorado for months. Trump put practically no effort into the state.

The results simply reflect the efforts of one disciplined campaign, and one campaign that didn't take the process seriously. The recent shakeup in the Trump campaign was partly over incompetence in the way Colorado was managed.

You don't have to keep DEFENDING Cruz.  You have been here less than a month, and seem to post on ANYTHING regarding Cruz.  Geez, give it a rest.

I don't blame Cruz for this.  This is a SICK way to have a state represented.  Where do their citizens get a say?

Cruz is an INSIDER and has learned to play the game.  I had NO IDEA that voters didn't choose who represented their state.  I had NO IDEA that the person who WON a state (by votes) could have delegates manipulated.

I guess Trump should have learned how to play the game like Cruz.  As a citizen, this FEELS VERY SLIMY, no matter who benefits or is hurt by it.

So, hopefully Trump learns there is more to it than what the citizens want.

Lily003    Angry

IP Logged

Big Steve
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed
Reply #21 - 04/11/16 at 13:36:24
Print Post  
FreedomBill wrote on 04/11/16 at 12:57:06:
Not that I agree, however, an interesting comment from Buchanan on Hannity(?) was, he thinks a Trump/Cruz ticket would stick it to the GOP.

I think it would be the best thing that could happen!   Smiley

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 04/11/16 at 13:47:02
Print Post  
Big Steve wrote on 04/11/16 at 13:36:24:
I think it would be the best thing that could happen!   Smiley

It would be very good.  But egos, egos, egos.  If Cruz could just wait, he could possibly be President AFTER Trump.

Lily003   Shocked

IP Logged

dumpapolitician
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #23 - 04/11/16 at 13:58:50
Print Post  
All the people defending Trump here and it's not ok to defend Cruz. I'm confused

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #24 - 04/11/16 at 14:01:04
Print Post  
dumpapolitician wrote on 04/11/16 at 13:58:50:
All the people defending Trump here and it's not ok to defend Cruz. I'm confused

Yes it is ok.  We all have our opinions and you are entitled to yours as well.  Does that unconfused you?  Wink

If people don't like your posts they can just pass it up.

IMHO I think the State of  Colorado should have a do over which includes Trump on the ticket.

IP Logged

CF Admin
CF Administrator

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 04/11/16 at 14:06:53
Print Post  
I am about to be Trump or bust. (Trump or no one)

Republican voters go to primaries and caucuses with the expectation that if their candidate wins or loses it would be fairly decided. The stuff that's going on makes many feel that's not the case.

IP Logged

poliglot
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 04/11/16 at 14:11:11
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 04/11/16 at 13:29:53:
You don't have to keep DEFENDING Cruz.  You have been here less than a month, and seem to post on ANYTHING regarding Cruz.  Geez, give it a rest.

Discussing the race is one of the reasons I signed up (again). I am 100% behind Cruz, but I would be making the same observations about Colorado if the roles were reversed, or if Kasich had won.

Quote:
I don't blame Cruz for this.  This is a SICK way to have a state represented.  Where do their citizens get a say?

Colorado's process is pretty unusual, but the voters do play a role. Back in March they chose the delegates to the state convention. The delegates to the state convention choose the delegates to the national convention. That part of the process is pretty much the same as every other state, the difference is that Colorado's national delegates are not bound on the first vote. The stated reason that they went to this system is to avoid a situation where their delegates are bound to a candidate that is out of the race by the time the national convention roles around.

There are pros and cons to that approach, but it makes it much more important for people to choose delegates in the caucus that share their values/principles/etc. It's not a system that I would choose, but that's up to the folks of Colorado.

Quote:
Cruz is an INSIDER and has learned to play the game.  I had NO IDEA that voters didn't choose who represented their state.  I had NO IDEA that the person who WON a state (by votes) could have delegates manipulated.

I guess Trump should have learned how to play the game like Cruz.  As a citizen, this FEELS VERY SLIMY, no matter who benefits or is hurt by it.

So, hopefully Trump learns there is more to it than what the citizens want.

The rules aren't secret. Making an effort to build an organization and understand the process doesn't make a candidate an "insider". The Presidency is vastly more complicated than these state delegate contests. This is really pretty basic stuff that any serious campaign should take in stride. Candidates don't make the rules, but they absolutely have to play by them.

Trump and Kasich made conscious decisions to not compete for delegates in Colorado. I read a quote by a Trump supporter in Colorado basically saying that there were things they could have done, but the campaign just didn't bother. This was a former GOP county chairwoman, so Trump absolutely had people in Colorado that were familiar with the system.

The missteps by the Trump campaign during the Colorado state convention are legend. It was monumentally bad. The hand wringing that the Trump campaign is now doing over the Colorado results is just politics. Trump is playing the victim to energize his base.

One of the unusual things about this election year is that all of the states matter. By the middle of March these things are usually over, and nobody cares about the details of the process or what goes on in later states. There are a variety of reasons that states that haven't mattered in the past do matter this time. This is the first time in 30 years that my vote for President has mattered in a Texas primary.

IP Logged

FreedomBill
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 04/11/16 at 14:16:12
Print Post  
One side of the coin, I agree that if Trump does not know the rules, as an insider would, that's too bad for him.

On the other side of the coin, the insider who uses the 'rules' to his own benefit, and disregard the will of the people, is not who I want representing me.

The 'rules' are set for the 'establishment' to win, not the people.

MORE OF THE SAME!

Remember Your Oath
in hoc signo vinces

IP Logged

Utahwoman
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #28 - 04/11/16 at 14:22:26
Print Post  
FreedomBill wrote on 04/11/16 at 14:16:12:
One side of the coin, I agree that if Trump does not know the rules, as an insider would, that's too bad for him.

On the other side of the coin, the insider who uses the 'rules' to his own benefit, and disregard the will of the people, is not who I want representing me.

The 'rules' are set for the 'establishment' to win, not the people.

MORE OF THE SAME!

^^^^^
that!!!
No longer do the peoples vote count. I believe the Electrol college was good way back when but now feel it is no longer a good thing. Too easy to be manipulated . So sick of all the dishonesty in politics.

IP Logged

tiny1
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 04/11/16 at 15:13:44
Print Post  
I thought this was a good place for this post.

Ted Nugent lists the Trump enemies:

At this time I do not endorse Donald Trump anymore than I endorse Ted Cruz as I admire both gentlemen. But these points are SO damn special!
Obama is against Trump
The Media is against Trump
The establishment Democrats are against Trump
The establishment Republicans are against Trump
The Pope is against Trump
The UN is against Trump
The EU is against Trump
China is against Trump
Mexico is against Trump
Soros is against Trump
Black Lives Matter is against Trump
MoveOn.Org is against Trump
Koch Bro’s are against Trump
Hateful, racist, violent Liberals are against Trump
Bonus points

Cher says she will leave the country
Mylie Cyrus says she will leave the country
Whoopi says she will leave the country
Rosie says she will leave the country
Al Sharpton says he will leave the country
Gov. Brown says California will build a wall
Sounds like the kinda president the US needs!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias