Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed (Read 4,774 times)
newt2008
CF Presidents Club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed
Reply #30 - 04/11/16 at 15:22:21
Print Post  
FreedomBill wrote on 04/11/16 at 14:16:12:
One side of the coin, I agree that if Trump does not know the rules, as an insider would, that's too bad for him.

On the other side of the coin, the insider who uses the 'rules' to his own benefit, and disregard the will of the people, is not who I want representing me.

The 'rules' are set for the 'establishment' to win, not the people.

MORE OF THE SAME!

But, but he is THE CONSERVATIVE, don't you understand??????? He says the word "constitution" at least 6 times in every sentence no matter how long or how short the sentence...
« Last Edit: 04/11/16 at 16:29:16 by newt2008 »  

"Within the pages of the Bible are the answers to all the problems men face.
"Facts are stubborn things.
"[Conservatives] believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe everyday is April 15th.
"We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent.
"People who are pro abortion are already born.
"The problem with liberals is not that they are ignorant, the problem is they know so much that is not so.
Ronald Reagan

IP Logged

dumpapolitician
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed
Reply #31 - 04/11/16 at 16:13:57
Print Post  
cj_real_american wrote on 04/11/16 at 14:01:04:
Yes it is ok.  We all have our opinions and you are entitled to yours as well.  Does that unconfused you?  Wink

If people don't like your posts they can just pass it up.

IMHO I think the State of  Colorado should have a do over which includes Trump on the ticket.

Yeah - I was basically commenting on a post that was complaining about someone consistently only supporting Cruz.   Should have just responded to that post.   

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #32 - 04/11/16 at 16:59:08
Print Post  
No corruption.
It's just no-one in Colorado voted for Trump.
If you can't beat them, cheat them, Cruzer.

IP Logged

1goofball
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #33 - 04/11/16 at 17:05:18
Print Post  
that can't stand and don't believe it will....I said I would vote for the repub candidate but if the GOP keeps cheating, I will write in Donald. Hey BigMc, I guess this is how they will cheat with delegates.

No matter which way the wind blows, I will stand behind Islam - Barry "the idiot" Obummer -This country is not a Christian nation! - Barack Insane Obummer - Liberalism works by manipulating the weak-minded through self-hatred.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #34 - 04/11/16 at 17:34:41
Print Post  
Quote:
Discussing the race is one of the reasons I signed up (again). I am 100% behind Cruz, but I would be making the same observations about Colorado if the roles were reversed, or if Kasich had won.

Colorado's process is pretty unusual, but the voters do play a role. Back in March they chose the delegates to the state convention. The delegates to the state convention choose the delegates to the national convention. That part of the process is pretty much the same as every other state, the difference is that Colorado's national delegates are not bound on the first vote. The stated reason that they went to this system is to avoid a situation where their delegates are bound to a candidate that is out of the race by the time the national convention roles around.

There are pros and cons to that approach, but it makes it much more important for people to choose delegates in the caucus that share their values/principles/etc. It's not a system that I would choose, but that's up to the folks of Colorado.

The rules aren't secret. Making an effort to build an organization and understand the process doesn't make a candidate an "insider". The Presidency is vastly more complicated than these state delegate contests. This is really pretty basic stuff that any serious campaign should take in stride. Candidates don't make the rules, but they absolutely have to play by them.

Trump and Kasich made conscious decisions to not compete for delegates in Colorado. I read a quote by a Trump supporter in Colorado basically saying that there were things they could have done, but the campaign just didn't bother. This was a former GOP county chairwoman, so Trump absolutely had people in Colorado that were familiar with the system.

The missteps by the Trump campaign during the Colorado state convention are legend. It was monumentally bad. The hand wringing that the Trump campaign is now doing over the Colorado results is just politics. Trump is playing the victim to energize his base.

One of the unusual things about this election year is that all of the states matter. By the middle of March these things are usually over, and nobody cares about the details of the process or what goes on in later states. There are a variety of reasons that states that haven't mattered in the past do matter this time. This is the first time in 30 years that my vote for President has mattered in a Texas primary.

WE ALL KNOW in the less than a month you are here that you are 100% for Cruz.

I am not sure one post has gone by that you don't feel the need to DEFEND Cruz.  You don't have to do that.  He isn't right all the time, and you don't need to defend him all the time.  That's where a poster gets annoying and boring. 

I have gone from him being my first choice to thinking he is just another professional politician and lawyer.  Same people, different day.  He is an ultimate INSIDER.  I don't know about how much he may or may NOT be Establishment, be he is totally an INSIDER.  Donald Trump brought up things and Ted went with them.  I now find him sleazy, not holy.

There's no real defense for the Colorado thing.  I do not blame Cruz, I blame the Colorado GOP.

This is not a Monopoly board game of strategy.  IT IS OUR FUTURE.  Not the GOP's, not Cruz's, not Trump's, not Hillary's, etc.  They will all be JUST FINE.  How about us?  Colorado doesn't even vote - that's pure CRAP.

I just won't post to you because it's boring me now.  It isn't about the right to one's opinion.  It's about predictable.

Lily003 

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #35 - 04/11/16 at 17:56:45
Print Post  
dumpapolitician wrote on 04/11/16 at 16:13:57:
Yeah - I was basically commenting on a post that was complaining about someone consistently only supporting Cruz.   Should have just responded to that post.   

I certainly DID complain that someone only posted to DEFEND Cruz.  I don't care who someone supports and I don't intend to try to change any minds.  It is annoying (maybe only to me!) when someone comes here to always defend one person!  No one is that perfect or annointed.

I like to post about other things too - like feeling that Hillary is going to get a pass on her email garbage, BHO possibly getting us into another housing market collapse, allowing more Syrian refugees no matter how unsafe, etc.

I don't understand how ANYONE can think it's just fine that a whole state doesn't even get to have a primary - and I don't even know WHO the state would go for.  I am sick of any excuse making for the GOP.

But, I am done posting to or about the one note samba.

Lily003

IP Logged

Alex
Ex Member

Reply #36 - 04/11/16 at 18:04:35
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 04/11/16 at 17:56:45:
I certainly DID complain that someone only posted to DEFEND Cruz.  I don't care who someone supports and I don't intend to try to change any minds.  It is annoying (maybe only to me!) when someone comes here to always defend one person!  No one is that perfect or annointed.

I like to post about other things too - like feeling that Hillary is going to get a pass on her email garbage, BHO possibly getting us into another housing market collapse, allowing more Syrian refugees no matter how unsafe, etc.

I don't understand how ANYONE can think it's just fine that a whole state doesn't even get to have a primary - and I don't even know WHO the state would go for.  I am sick of any excuse making for the GOP.
But, I am done posting to or about the one note samba.
Lily003

I agree, Lily. The Cuzers that have joined here only as campaign workers for him are quite annoying.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #37 - 04/11/16 at 18:08:33
Print Post  
Quote:
I agree, Lily. The Cuzers that have joined here only as campaign workers for him are quite annoying.

Thank you for your wisdom!

I think I am in a down mood today and letting the Cruz campaign workers get to me.  I am a nice and polite person, and shouldn't let them make me respond in another way.  It is my fault for letting my negative mood get in the way!

Hope it's nice by the ocean today!

Lily003   Smiley

IP Logged

poliglot
Ex Member

Reply #38 - 04/11/16 at 18:19:17
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 04/11/16 at 17:34:41:
Colorado doesn't even vote - that's pure CRAP.

Colorado did vote. They elected delegates, the same way they always do.

There is some confusion over the change in the straw-poll this year. Colorado has previously held a non-binding straw-poll in their precinct caucuses. That poll did not place any constraints on delegates. The RNC imposed a rule on the state parties after 2012 that said that if a state held a straw-poll it must be binding.

Colorado did not want to change the way their delegates were chosen, so they did away with the non-binding straw-poll.

IP Logged

Alex
Ex Member

Reply #39 - 04/11/16 at 18:19:21
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 04/11/16 at 18:08:33:
Thank you for your wisdom!
I think I am in a down mood today and letting the Cruz campaign workers get to me.  I am a nice and polite person, and shouldn't let them make me respond in another way.  It is my fault for letting my negative mood get in the way!
Hope it's nice by the ocean today!
Lily003   Smiley

Yes, it is easy for us to get worked up in the heat of battle, but this election is serious business, even though I am not as affected by the outcome as you folks back home.

Yes, all is nice by the ocean this morning. 6AM here.
Guia, my wife, and baby girl Olivia have just left for a walk on the beach. Little Alex, age 5, is busy on his Ipad...his 24/7 job  Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › DISGUSTING! Colorado Trump Delegates Scratched From Ballots at GOP Convention – Cruzers Listed

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias