Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump campaign guru Kellyanne Conway to tour Alberta oilsands and meet business leaders
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Trump campaign guru Kellyanne Conway to tour Alberta oilsands and meet business leaders (Read 1,158 times)
shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Trump campaign guru Kellyanne Conway to tour Alberta oilsands and meet business leaders
11/29/16 at 17:05:57
Print Post  
PM Trudeau just approved two other pipelines from Alberta to B.C.  Bottom line, Trump will find a partner in Canada for XL Pipeline, I am sure of it.  Get the jobs moving, though it won't do a thing for us in the East, it's time we drive business with a fair balance on environmental concerns.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/kellyanne-conway-trump-alberta-visit-oilsa...

The woman who managed Donald Trump's successful U.S. presidential campaign is coming to Alberta to tour the oilsands and speak to Calgary business leaders just days before his inauguration.

Kellyanne Conway will visit Fort McMurray on an oilsands tour and then speak at a fundraising dinner in Calgary for the Alberta Prosperity Fund, a conservative advocacy group.

"Ms. Conway is a very influential member of U.S. president-elect Donald Trump's transition team and someone that I personally admire as a woman in politics," Heather Forsyth of the Alberta Prosperity Fund said in a release.

"Her visit to Alberta at this time should send a strong signal to Canadians on the importance of this province to the United States," says the release, noting that Conway is president and CEO of the polling company inc./WomenTrend,

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Re: Trump campaign guru Kellyanne Conway to tour Alberta oilsands and meet business leaders
Reply #1 - 11/29/16 at 17:11:08
Print Post  
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Trump campaign guru Kellyanne Conway to tour Alberta oilsands and meet business leaders
Reply #2 - 11/29/16 at 17:16:23
Print Post  
Wayne wrote on 11/29/16 at 17:11:08:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't get too excited just yet.  This isn't the XL Pipeline.  Now, I will give you my two cents, which is about all it is worth, but if I were the PM and his team, I would be using the XL Pipeline as currency when negotiating with Trump.  We all know Donald is no fool and I'm sure he expects it to be used in some manner to protect NAFTA.

Politics is what it is, but nothing trumps business (pardon the pun).  I was surprised and actually impressed when many months ago Donald was asked about the XL pipeline by a Canadian reporter and without hesitation he stated that he would approve it without delay.

These companies are spending literally billions on improving environmental impact and appeasing groups to get their acceptance.  You have similar technology development on coal, making it "clean".   In the end, you can't just leave resources in the ground, especially when there has been so much investment made to improve these concerns.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #3 - 11/29/16 at 17:18:42
Print Post  
  Ok , I missed something in the op? Did I misread XL?? I'm 'fused..

IP Logged

shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 11/29/16 at 17:26:29
Print Post  
Wayne wrote on 11/29/16 at 17:18:42:
  Ok , I missed something in the op? Did I misread XL?? I'm 'fused..

There have been domestic pipelines in Canada which have been on the burner for some time, a great deal of opposition by environmental groups, indigenous people and the Left.  He approved two of the three pipelines, rejecting a third for now.  He stated this would not impact the Paris Accord, which is what he wants to try and maintain.

What was interesting is that he stated that these pipelines headed West to B.C would decrease dependence on Canada for the U.S marketplace.  Meaning, it will be sold on the open market to Asia primarily, probably a warning to the next U.S administration.  Canada needs to leverage all that we have, which isn't alot.

Bottom line, he is sending a message that Canada is open for business, but not pinned in to just hand over the XL pipeline to access the U.S market, which is the largest consumer of our oil.  This probably means a tough negotiation in which Canada tries and keep NAFTA as a prerequisite for XL...

Let the games begin!  Cheesy 

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 11/29/16 at 17:26:40
Print Post  
Help me out here. -- A couple days ago when Kellyanne was talking bad about Romney, I heard a couple times that she was no longer a part of the Transition Team.  I had thought she was an important part of it.  Have any of you heard that she is not with the Trans Team now?  It would seem she is if she is going to Canada.

IP Logged

shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 11/29/16 at 17:33:25
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 11/29/16 at 17:26:40:
Help me out here. -- A couple days ago when Kellyanne was talking bad about Romney, I heard a couple times that she was no longer a part of the Transition Team.  I had thought she was an important part of it.  Have any of you heard that she is not with the Trans Team now?  It would seem she is if she is going to Canada.

Possibly.  Though this could be her in the open and free market, using her influence for profit.  it's a fundraiser, by the Alberta Prosperity Fund.  Hard to know how this all fits in and shakes down.  My guess is this is back channel work being done with a desire to deliver this pipeline. 

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #7 - 11/29/16 at 17:34:49
Print Post  
shockedcanadian wrote on 11/29/16 at 17:26:29:
There have been domestic pipelines in Canada which have been on the burner for some time, a great deal of opposition by environmental groups, indigenous people and the Left.  He approved two of the three pipelines, rejecting a third for now.  He stated this would not impact the Paris Accord, which is what he wants to try and maintain.

What was interesting is that he stated that these pipelines headed West to B.C would decrease dependence on Canada for the U.S marketplace.  Meaning, it will be sold on the open market to Asia primarily, probably a warning to the next U.S administration.  Canada needs to leverage all that we have, which isn't alot.

Bottom line, he is sending a message that Canada is open for business, but not pinned in to just hand over the XL pipeline to access the U.S market, which is the largest consumer of our oil.  This probably means a tough negotiation in which Canada tries and keep NAFTA as a prerequisite for XL...

Let the games begin!  Cheesy 

Back to square obama.  This is a reiteration of the original concept..

IP Logged

shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 11/29/16 at 17:40:04
Print Post  
Wayne wrote on 11/29/16 at 17:34:49:
  Back to square obama.  This is a reiteration of the original concept..

Not really, we hadn't approved any pipelines at all, and in fact, this will  be politically unpopular with his supporters in B.C and Quebec.  So it sends a message that this CAN be done, whether or not it will is to be determined.

In my opinion its only a matter of time.  You can't keep the economic benefits out of the equation forever.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump campaign guru Kellyanne Conway to tour Alberta oilsands and meet business leaders

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias