Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTrump Economy › Wastebook: Taxpayers billed for computers to binge watch 'Desperate Housewives'
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Wastebook: Taxpayers billed for computers to binge watch 'Desperate Housewives' (Read 567 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Wastebook: Taxpayers billed for computers to binge watch 'Desperate Housewives'
01/10/17 at 09:40:08
Print Post  
Wastebook: Taxpayers billed for computers to binge watch 'Desperate Housewives'
By Elizabeth Harrington   Washington Free Beacon

The federal government spent millions of taxpayer dollars studying if women can pick Barbie out of a lineup, creating robot flowers, and building a computer that binge watches "Desperate Housewives," according to a new report on wasteful spending.

Sen. Jeff Flake, R.-Ariz., on Tuesday released Wastebook: PORKémon Go, the latest chronicle of waste in a series started by former Oklahoma Sen. Tom Coburn, a Republican. The report covers 50 items and more than $5 billion in spending on outrageous government programs and frivolous projects.

more

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

Drogon
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Wastebook: Taxpayers billed for computers to binge watch 'Desperate Housewives'
Reply #1 - 01/18/17 at 19:20:06
Print Post  
You ask why does this happen. It happens because if agencies don't spend their entire budget they will have it cut. So every year around June there is a mass stock up on "whatever" they can. 

This has to be stopped. There needs to be rewards for keeping costs down.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Wastebook: Taxpayers billed for computers to binge watch 'Desperate Housewives'
Reply #2 - 01/18/17 at 20:06:53
Print Post  
Same thing happens in private industry.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 02/27/17 at 14:16:24
Print Post  
                    "Same thing in private industry."

Maybe not.  End of fiscal year spending: wasteful spending, is common in government and large corporations doing business with government.
     However, the majority of businesses (Eddy & Judy and other deplorable Americans) don't waste and they spend a great deal of time avoiding paying excessive taxes, dealing with burdensome regulations, and fighting off workman comp scammers.
      Oh!, those same Eddy & Judy's pay the vast majority of taxes. Last I heard: 80%
Happy 306!

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 02/27/17 at 14:27:00
Print Post  
SurroundedByLiberals wrote on 02/27/17 at 14:16:24:
                    "Same thing in private industry."

Maybe not.  End of fiscal year spending: wasteful spending, is common in government and large corporations doing business with government.
     However, the majority of businesses (Eddy & Judy and other deplorable Americans) don't waste and they spend a great deal of time avoiding paying excessive taxes, dealing with burdensome regulations, and fighting off workman comp scammers.
      Oh!, those same Eddy & Judy's pay the vast majority of taxes. Last I heard: 80%
Happy 306!

Not exactly right, my friend.  I can tell you for a fact it occurs in all oil companies, and all of them don't do business with the government.  You can also apply that to most large service companies, and the vast majority don't do business with the government either.

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 02/27/17 at 14:37:18
Print Post  
    Hmmm?
    Your point is well taken.
    My point stands though.  The majority of bussiness are small: deplorable Americans, our beloved Eddy & Judy, who stepped up and voted for DJT.
   Without us, and I am one, those parasites in government would actually have to do some creative thinking (work) and spend taxpayer dollars wisely.
Happy 306

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 02/27/17 at 15:04:29
Print Post  
I'm not refuting that.  You said large companies that do business with the government, and that isn't true.  And I never said anything about small business doing that, I said private industry.  If you want to include mom and pop Boudreaux in that, fine, I'm not.

IP Logged

SurroundedByLiberals
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 02/27/17 at 16:55:58
Print Post  
     You're correct.  You did say private industry. My apologies.
     My orientation is small business so I tend view government waste from that POV.
      In college one of my many p/t jobs was with DPW San Francisco.  Everyday the norm was "get out there, and don't come back until it's time to punch out."  I / we spent a lot of time driving around, parking, eating, reading newspapers,* the like. 
      Even in those early, formative college years I was a capitalistic swine at heart.  The way I put up with the obvious waste was simple: "At least we're doing something."
Happy 306
*Newspapers were actually somewhat reliable back then.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 02/27/17 at 17:27:45
Print Post  
No problem.  Surrounded, first off welcome to CF.  Why don't you follow this link and introduce yourself to everyone. Link.  The intro thread in in the NCO Club and only registered members can see what you post, guests can't get in.

I see you are in the SF Bay Area.  I did a lot of growing up there in the 1960's.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 02/27/17 at 17:45:00
Print Post  
Oh!  The garbage collection companies in south Louisiana do the samething.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTrump Economy › Wastebook: Taxpayers billed for computers to binge watch 'Desperate Housewives'

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias
Rasmussen Reports