Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Are there a lot of happy folks here today??
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 115 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Are there a lot of happy folks here today?? (Read 63,192 times)
Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Are there a lot of happy folks here today??
Reply #10 - 01/20/17 at 18:52:39
Print Post  
I streamed the swearing in and the speech and I had to put my shades down because I smiled so wide. That speech was simply amazing. He basically called out the entire elite while they were sitting behind him.

I just don't understand how you can be an american and have a problem with that speech.

IP Logged

shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 01/20/17 at 19:03:26
Print Post  
He seems to reiterate his policies often so I'm guessing he is serious about them.  Will definitely be an exciting 4 years,  If he keeps his promises and succeeds, he will get 8 years with ease.  There is no doubt he has the stamina and passion, it will be contagious.

The bottom line is that logical, laissez-faire economics will rule the day.  All the regulations, intervention and racing to the bottom will stop if he leads as he says he will lead.  The policy stuff starts Monday!

IP Logged

Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 01/20/17 at 19:10:38
Print Post  
shockedcanadian wrote on 01/20/17 at 19:03:26:
He seems to reiterate his policies often so I'm guessing he is serious about them.  !

I just don't understand why he would keep reiterating them if he wasn't going to do them. He didn't have to run. He was and is a millionaire. He WON the election so he doesn't need to keep saying them. He is now on the record.. ON inauguration day... saying them. He would go down as the biggest fool in the world and liar if he doesn't get them done.

Sometimes I like to do similar things. Tell someone I am going to get something done, even though I have no idea if I can. It is a way of lighting a fire under my butt and I ALWAYS get it done because it is my personal pride motivating me.

IP Logged

Bookseller
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 01/20/17 at 22:48:40
Print Post  
« Last Edit: 01/28/17 at 04:36:50 by »  

IP Logged

shockedcanadian
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 01/20/17 at 22:52:19
Print Post  
Drogon wrote on 01/20/17 at 19:10:38:
I just don't understand why he would keep reiterating them if he wasn't going to do them. He didn't have to run. He was and is a millionaire. He WON the election so he doesn't need to keep saying them. He is now on the record.. ON inauguration day... saying them. He would go down as the biggest fool in the world and liar if he doesn't get them done.

Sometimes I like to do similar things. Tell someone I am going to get something done, even though I have no idea if I can. It is a way of lighting a fire under my butt and I ALWAYS get it done because it is my personal pride motivating me.

Yes, that's what I think.  He repeates them to show his commitment and also to drive himself to succeed.  He doesn't want to look like a fool, nor let others down so he is putting it all on the line and either securing 8 ears, or risking a mid term drop.

Nothing wrong with some self motivating, psychological massaging as long as it keeps him focused and on track.  I have no doubt of his intentions and effort.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 01/20/17 at 23:45:19
Print Post  
It has been a good day today.  I had to rush home from taking my girlfriend to a doctors appointment.  We mae the Inauguration on TV by 30 minutes or so, no sweat there.  The rest of the day has been just watching.  I actually expected more bad stuff to happen tonight but fortunately that was none, at least I have not heard of anything.  Yea, it has been a good day.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 01/20/17 at 23:54:12
Print Post  
This is just a reflection of "What I Learned Today".  I had always assumed that everyone on my Mothers side of the family was Republican.  Today my cousins daughter was posting all kind of Pro-Obama crap.  I was just shocked.  I asked someone else in the family if my cousin was a Liberal also.  As it turns out she is also.  I started thinking and it hit me.   Both my Cousin and the Daughter are elementary school teachers.  I just wonder what it is about being a teacher that makes people Liberal.  Anyone have an idea?

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 01/21/17 at 00:19:23
Print Post  
Same thing happened to my sister when she began teaching and it got worse when she retired at age 55 on full salary (plus social security at age 62).  She whined about being on a "fixed" income (ha ha...pretty hefty fixed income).  I think teachers get a sense of entitlement; they are always told they are underpaid and overworked and never have the supplies that they need. And pretty soon they start to believe that they work harder than anybody else (with lots of days off and then those summers).....I can't really explain the mentality but it seems to go alone with the job. And then once they are tenured, they can't really lose their jobs. Nobody measures their production anymore..they all get paid whether the kids learn or not. The environment is so different than what most of us experience.......

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 01/21/17 at 04:17:41
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 01/20/17 at 23:54:12:
This is just a reflection of "What I Learned Today".  I had always assumed that everyone on my Mothers side of the family was Republican.  Today my cousins daughter was posting all kind of Pro-Obama crap.  I was just shocked.  I asked someone else in the family if my cousin was a Liberal also.  As it turns out she is also.  I started thinking and it hit me.   Both my Cousin and the Daughter are elementary school teachers.  I just wonder what it is about being a teacher that makes people Liberal.  Anyone have an idea?

Having a wife, a daughter and a second daughter that almost became a teacher, I can tell you it's partly the curriculum, and them a mindset.  My daughters both went to college to become teachers.  By the time they were in their junior year the courses, and professors, were SO liberal they could no longer tolerate it. Both wound up changing from Education to History.  Graduated and left school.

Both of my daughters had a very conservative upbringing.  It wasn't just my wife and I, but both sides of our family too.  To make a long story short, the oldest couldn't go to college, keep her mouth shut and do what she had to do to become a teacher.  She has a history degree but works in IT for guess who?  A school district in Mississippi.  My youngest tried insurance after she graduated, hated it, got a job at a private religious school as a teacher.  You didn't have to be certified at this school at the time.  Needless to say she fell in love with the work, and decided to get her certifications.  She went back to school, older and more mature, put up with the liberal crap and emerged with a degree in education and her certifications.  She also earned her masters in education.  She, and her husband have moved to her college town where she teaches at one of the public high schools.  She is also contemplating getting her Phd. and teaching at her college where she can really combat mental disorders, like liberalism.  So, not all teachers turnout liberals.  As a matter of fact, the overwhelming majority of teachers at my wife's school, I've met most all of them more than once, are not liberals.  Even the black teachers seem to be conservative.  Of course this is the south.  Smiley

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

MayFlower
CF Presidents Club

Living The Dream

Reply #19 - 01/21/17 at 06:19:42
Print Post  
Quote:
Happy?  After eight years of having a constant headache?  Watching the Obamas leave the... hey... hey... my headache's gone!

Mine too! Smiley

Welcome Bookseller Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 115
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Are there a lot of happy folks here today??

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias