Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump EO keystone pipeline, Dakota pipeline
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump EO keystone pipeline, Dakota pipeline (Read 2,643 times)
Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Trump EO keystone pipeline, Dakota pipeline
Reply #10 - 01/25/17 at 10:42:26
Print Post  
CF Admin wrote on 01/24/17 at 11:53:48:
Trump EO keystone pipeline, Dakota pipeline

Smiley

The fact is that pipelines are far more environmentally friendly than long trains of tank cars passing through American cities and past America's rivers and streams.

When is the last time you heard of a pipeline tipping over and spilling its contents into a river or stream or onto city streets?

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

Conservative Heros
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 01/25/17 at 10:48:50
Print Post  
Expect the environazis to attempt domestic terrorism and blow up these pipelines.
I don't blame the Indians in ND for their stance on that pipeline, I would like to have seen a better solution to that than to force it through in spite of the indian nations wishes. It went around Bismark because of the same concerns, I don't think it's fair that they moved it downstream and pushed it on the Indians as a remaining concern. I don't really see any practical way around the problem though either.

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.  George Washington   Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.  George Washington

IP Logged

cj_real_american
CF Presidents Club

Smitty Kitty is my boss.

Reply #12 - 01/25/17 at 10:55:50
Print Post  
Conservative Heros wrote on 01/25/17 at 10:48:50:
Expect the environazis to attempt domestic terrorism and blow up these pipelines.
I don't blame the Indians in ND for their stance on that pipeline, I would like to have seen a better solution to that than to force it through in spite of the indian nations wishes. It went around Bismark because of the same concerns, I don't think it's fair that they moved it downstream and pushed it on the Indians as a remaining concern. I don't really see any practical way around the problem though either.

They have gone around, up and down trying to please the Indians and the EPA.  From what I understand it really doesn't go through Indian land.  (??)

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 01/25/17 at 11:07:35
Print Post  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No it's not on their land at all. And the land they're protesting on isn't theirs either. Can we say made up DRAMA?

Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

Gladstone
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 01/25/17 at 11:55:18
Print Post  
Before I moved to Guatemala, I was living on the family farm that is on the path of the Keystone pipeline. One morning I stepped outside and saw a group of young people. They had not called me, but just climbed over the gate and toted their survey equipment on foot for about half a mile. I walked over and talked with them. There are several other pipelines running through the farm and three different companies had their own gates. Besides, liking my privacy, I didn't like those gates which were high enough for the wild hogs to crawl under and root on the farm. They could root up a quarter of an acre in one night. They are dangerous animals and I've had them charge me a few times (fortunately they were in my trap at the time). I have a picture of a burro jumping several feet when one charged him.,
I sold my part of the farm so no more Keystone for me.
No wild hogs here on this plantation.

IP Logged

Conservative Heros
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 01/25/17 at 12:09:21
Print Post  
I didn't think the pipeline was on reservation land though I wasn't sure. From what I've understood they are just concerned about the river and water supply because that pipeline is upstream from reservation lands. I see it as a valid concern, I'm sure I would were I in their position.

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.  George Washington   Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.  George Washington

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 01/25/17 at 12:20:44
Print Post  
Planes fly over my house everyday and one might crash someday. Oh well.
There is also thousands of miles of pipelines under rivers all over the country and no one has whined yet.

How Safe are America’s 2.5 Million Miles of Pipelines?

Every man is like the company he keeps."Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 01/25/17 at 13:41:41
Print Post  
It's all political, plus the fact Buffet is making a killing bringing that crude down here by rail.  The oil industry has had it's share of disasters, and they aren't pretty.  The biggest disasters usually happen with Transportation.  That is what the pipeline industry is, transportation.  It includes trucks, trains, and ships/barges.  The other high risk part of the business is refining/chemical plants.  I won't go there because you can use Google to find out what has happened in the past.

Drilling finally got a blackeye with the Macondo incident, but it wasn't because they killed 11 people and destroyed a billion dollar plus drilling rig.  It was because of the crude oil that leaked into the gulf until the well was plugged.

But back to Transportation.  Pipelines and ships have the potential for some pretty bad mishaps.  Remember the Exxon Valdez (sp.?)?  A super tanker can hold well over 1 million bbls. of oil.  A large pipeline can move millions upon millions of bbls per day.  In the 20th century, the pipelines had a few bad spills due to leak detection technology being primitive.  Today that isn't the case.  By federal regulations a Pipeline Control Center has to be able to detect a leak within 120 seconds.  They are tested on this and do quarterly, sometimes monthly, leak simulation drills.  There is a response industry in place that is not owned by any one Pipeline Company, and these outlets have control centers tied to the pipelines they have contracts with.  This is regional.  The government also has regulations regarding preventative maintenance.  For example, a "Smart Pig" has to be run in a pipeline a minimum of once every 5 years.  Smart Pigs are inline inspection devices that can record damage to the pipe and plot it via gps.  So in short, for the 21st century, a leak is a very slim possibility, provided there isn't sabotage, war, or an accident that damages pipe, like a collision.

Sorry this is so long.  I got interrupted a few times.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."
"Gun control is one shot, one kill!"

IP Logged

Conservative Heros
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 01/25/17 at 15:13:42
Print Post  
All good points...
but...
On that map you'll notice a void right where the Dakota issue is right now and for the same reasons. Still a legit concern and especially so if you were living downstream and had to rely on that water, Dakota is a dry mofo.

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 01/25/17 at 15:52:44
Print Post  
Conservative Heros wrote on 01/25/17 at 15:13:42:
All good points...
but...
On that map you'll notice a void right where the Dakota issue is right now and for the same reasons. Still a legit concern and especially so if you were living downstream and had to rely on that water, Dakota is a dry mofo.

My point is everyone who lived downstream of a pipeline or a farm even where pesticides are used complained we wouldn't have gas, oil or even electricity in our lives. It's really stinks when there's an accident but unless we all want to live in the 18th century we have to deal with it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump EO keystone pipeline, Dakota pipeline

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias