Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTrump Economy › 5 Retirement Myths -- Debunked!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 5 Retirement Myths -- Debunked! (Read 133 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk is Cheep

5 Retirement Myths -- Debunked!
01/29/17 at 12:38:19
Print Post  
By Dan Caplinger  Retirement Fool.com

There are many myths about retirement that people often believe, and only by learning the hard way do many of those people realize the mistakes they've made in their retirement planning. By knowing about these myths before you retire, you can take action before it's too late to do anything about it. In particular, these five common misconceptions about retirement trip up many near-retirees, and it's important to get the facts so you can plan for retirement correctly.

Myths

If You're Here To Teach....Then You've Much To Learn.

IP Logged

RedDirt
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: 5 Retirement Myths -- Debunked!
Reply #1 - 02/07/17 at 16:20:36
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 01/29/17 at 12:38:19:
By Dan CaplingerĀ  Retirement Fool.com
In particular, these five common misconceptions about retirement trip up many near-retirees, and it's important to get the facts so you can plan for retirement correctly.
Myths

won't go into a lot of detail on this, Dan; but my first impression was conflicts of interest.
That said, I thought every point was absolutely sound. That's either an endorsement of my judgement and/or information sources; or, on the other hand an indictment to the degree that I have been successfully brain washed but the MSM. That FOX, that is mainstream, isn't it.
Wish I had read it 15 years ago.
I have Apple, but I'm not wedded to it.

IP Logged

Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 02/12/17 at 19:36:46
Print Post  
I am in the process now of trying to plan for retirement and I have to tell you, it is kind of impossible.   It is so freaking complicated.

I agree with a lot of what the article says. I would also add that so many people think that medicare takes care of nursing homes. But it doesn't.  Medicaid does and the only once you have NO assets. So you have to plan carefully to make sure you have planned well.

Finally I REFUSE to get any financial planning from a financial advisor. There was a lot of complaining about trump getting rid of the regulation making the financial advisors fiduciarys. But the truth is... so so so many people have money stolen by financial advisors or those advisors lose you money because they are incompetent and don't care. There is no one that cares about your money more than you do. Do it yourself.

Finally I recently took some of my money out of stocks and into "crowdfunding" investments. These are kind of a crap shoot but both of my investments are 8 tp 10% and I think they provide another passive investing stream with opportunity for diversification.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #3 - 02/13/17 at 10:10:41
Print Post  
   When I retired I made sure of one thing . No monthly payments of any sort. I get by quite well thank you.. Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsTrump Economy › 5 Retirement Myths -- Debunked!

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media