Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Get the Government Out of Healthcare
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Get the Government Out of Healthcare (Read 1,356 times)
GGlass4395
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Get the Government Out of Healthcare
Reply #20 - 03/15/17 at 16:14:02
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 03/15/17 at 16:06:55:
Are you aware that money is taken out of everyone's paycheck for Medicare?  It is also paid for each month you are enrolled.  It isn't a freebie.  == I also am willing to bet you are below 35 years old.  Things will change on that outlook.

Isn't that the same as mandating that everyone buys health insurance and then using the money from healthy people's premiums to offset the costs of the sick?  Isn't that exactly what is wrong with the ACA???  If someone doesn't work a day in their lives they still get medicare at 65 - they aren't even paying into the system!  Also, many seniors have the means to pay for insurance but they still have medicare at our expense - how does that make any sense?  There is no requirement for having paid into the system!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #21 - 03/15/17 at 16:21:51
Print Post  
GGlass4395 wrote on 03/15/17 at 16:14:02:
Isn't that the same as mandating that everyone buys health insurance and then using the money from healthy people's premiums to offset the costs of the sick?  Isn't that exactly what is wrong with the ACA???  If someone doesn't work a day in their lives they still get medicare at 65 - they aren't even paying into the system!  Also, many seniors have the means to pay for insurance but they still have medicare at our expense - how does that make any sense?  There is no requirement for having paid into the system!

I can tell you weren't around in 1966 when they started the deductions.  This isn't new.  If you are complaining about the government withholding from paychecks, you better get at the end of the line. == Also, you have to be eligible for Social Security to get Medicare, so you do have to have worked and had money taken out for Medicare to get it.

IP Logged

GGlass4395
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 03/15/17 at 16:23:43
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 03/15/17 at 16:21:51:
I can tell you weren't around in 1966 when they started the deductions.  This isn't new.  If you are complaining about the government withholding from paychecks, you better get at the end of the line.

You're right - I definitely wasn't around in 1966 but the similarities between medicare and the ACA should make us all stop and think for a minute!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #23 - 03/15/17 at 16:27:35
Print Post  
GGlass4395 wrote on 03/15/17 at 16:23:43:
You're right - I definitely wasn't around in 1966 but the similarities between medicare and the ACA should make us all stop and think for a minute!

In Forty Years when you will be eligible for it, you will be glad you paid that little bit each month. 

IP Logged

GGlass4395
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #24 - 03/15/17 at 16:33:54
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 03/15/17 at 16:27:35:
In Forty Years when you will be eligible for it, you will be glad you paid that little bit each month. 

Sorry to beat a dead horse but how is that different than me paying for health insurance while I'm currently healthy to subsidize healthcare for the sick and then have cheaper health care when I get sick in 10, 20, or 30 years?  That's the ACA.  Sounds a lot like medicare. 

People should save money in health savings accounts and then pay for health bills or insurance when needed. 

Who really wins with insurance?  Only the insurance companies, who, by definition only exist because they bring in more money than they pay out - which means that we are better off just saving money and paying for healthcare out of pocket!  By paying for insurance, we are paying for our own care and then all the insurance companies costs/profits!  I get that insurance is nice when you do get really sick and rack up huge costs exceeding the amount you have paid in but mathematically this is still inefficient!!! 

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 03/15/17 at 17:26:17
Print Post  
GGlass4395 wrote on 03/15/17 at 16:33:54:
Sorry to beat a dead horse but how is that different than me paying for health insurance while I'm currently healthy to subsidize healthcare for the sick and then have cheaper health care when I get sick in 10, 20, or 30 years?  That's the ACA.  Sounds a lot like medicare. 

People should save money in health savings accounts and then pay for health bills or insurance when needed. 

Who really wins with insurance?  Only the insurance companies, who, by definition only exist because they bring in more money than they pay out - which means that we are better off just saving money and paying for healthcare out of pocket!  By paying for insurance, we are paying for our own care and then all the insurance companies costs/profits!  I get that insurance is nice when you do get really sick and rack up huge costs exceeding the amount you have paid in but mathematically this is still inefficient!!! 

The ACA and Medicare are not even close.  ACA you pay all year, your deductible is so high no insurance is used.  You are just paying the government.  I am on Medicare and pay about $400 a month with no deductible.  It works fine for me. == If you believe Insurance is such a good deal, you should buy the stock.  It is a "can't lose" deal you say.

IP Logged

GGlass4395
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #26 - 03/15/17 at 18:12:46
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 03/15/17 at 17:26:17:
The ACA and Medicare are not even close.  ACA you pay all year, your deductible is so high no insurance is used.  You are just paying the government.  I am on Medicare and pay about $400 a month with no deductible.  It works fine for me. == If you believe Insurance is such a good deal, you should buy the stock.  It is a "can't lose" deal you say.

It works fine for you because I'm paying thousands of dollars for it!  It's certainly not working for me!  I guess I'll continue to pay for the next 30 years, as I've been doing for the last 10, and hope that medicare will still be around when I'm 65!

As for insurance stocks - they have amassed a combined market cap of over 240 billion dollars on their scheme - ridiculous!  If people just saved money and paid out of pocket they would be wayyyyyy ahead.  Even if they pooled the money to reduce risk for any single person and didn't try to make profits and overpay executives they would have probably saved a trillion dollars collectively!  Someone should start a non-profit health insurance company and be a hero to humanity!

Link: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&v...

IP Logged

darroll
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 03/15/17 at 19:12:07
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 03/15/17 at 08:07:33:
.  Medicare and Medicaid are two different things. 
Medicaid is handled by the states.
Calif is broke so they can send the sick to Mexico.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #28 - 03/15/17 at 20:18:13
Print Post  
GGlass4395 wrote on 03/15/17 at 16:01:48:
Why do so many seniors that have the means get free insurance??
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

That FREE insurance costs each of us more than $100 per month in Medicare premiums deducted from our Social Security checks.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

DEW
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 03/16/17 at 07:35:40
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 03/15/17 at 20:18:13:
Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
You clearly don't know what you are talking about.

That FREE insurance costs each of us more than $100 per month in Medicare premiums deducted from our Social Security checks.

Y E S  SIRREE  !

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Get the Government Out of Healthcare

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias