Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump's 1st Budget Proposal
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump's 1st Budget Proposal (Read 307 times)
UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Trump's 1st Budget Proposal
03/16/17 at 09:28:12
Print Post  
This article has a good explanation of how the Trump team developed the first budget proposal.  I hope it passes, but knowing our rinos, there is going to be a fight.

From Breitbart:

OMB Director Mulvaney: Americans 1st Budget Increases Defense, Border Security, Education Funding, Cuts at State Department and EPA

Quote:
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On Wednesday Director Mick Mulvaney of the Office of Management and Budget gave some insight into the shift in department funding of President Donald Trump’s “America First Budget” ahead of its Thursday release.
“This is the America First Budget,” Mulvaney told reporters at a White House briefing. “In fact we wrote it using the President’s own words. We went through his speeches. We went through articles that have been written about his policies. We talked to him and we wanted to know what his policies were and we turned those policies into numbers.”

Mulvaney said increases like the $54 billion increase to the Defense Department would be offset in other areas of the budget blueprint to prevent any further increases in the budget deficit. The Director made clear that this does not mean that the budget is balanced.

“There’s more money for enforcing security at the border. There’s more money for enforcing laws on the books just generally. There’s more money for things like private and public school choice.”

The State Department and and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will also see cuts according to Mulvaney. He went on to say that reductions in the State Department were not a reflection of the President’s support, but rather that areas like foreign aid that face cuts, simply fall under the State Department portion of the budget. The State Department reductions will be around 28 percent according to Mulvaney.

More

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."

IP Logged

GGlass4395
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Trump's 1st Budget Proposal
Reply #1 - 03/16/17 at 09:31:31
Print Post  
Love the new budget!  Huge cuts to every government agency that has been growing unnecessarily.  The NIH might be doing medical research but who needs that - the pharma companies are the ones that make drugs, not the NIH. 

Huge, HUGE and much needed increase for the military budget - I hope they park one of the extra tanks right in my front yard to keep the kids off!  No one is going to pick a fight with us when we out spend the next ten countries combined  Cool  Go Trump!

IP Logged

nicky43
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 03/16/17 at 10:04:39
Print Post  
Great budget cuts!  Exactly what we need and about time.  When was the last time this government every tried to cut spending overall.  I don't mean the constant Military cuts we get from the dumbass Democrats!

The only way to make it is to try!

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 03/16/17 at 10:06:35
Print Post  
nicky43 wrote on 03/16/17 at 10:04:39:
Great budget cuts!  Exactly what we need and about time.  When was the last time this government every tried to cut spending overall.  I don't mean the constant Military cuts we get from the dumbass Democrats!

Since Reagan?  It's been a long time.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."

IP Logged

Big Steve
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 03/16/17 at 10:34:09
Print Post  
The only way the budget cut is a TRUE budget cut is if the total dollars spent is less than the year before. Cool

IP Logged

Drogon
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 03/16/17 at 19:34:49
Print Post  
I am kind of disappointed because  -- it isn't more. I mean obviously the congress is going to try to put everything back so he should have doubled what he really wanted to start at a jumping off point, well maybe he did. But I also wanted to "save money' and not just move the money around. I just wanted MORE cuts...

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 03/16/17 at 19:44:06
Print Post  
They are already *itching about cuts for the poor, etc etc etc.

Lily003   Angry

IP Logged

MoGal
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 03/17/17 at 07:48:55
Print Post  
All the outcry over funding of Meals on Wheels has me snickering.  The program won't die...communities will support it...just like they did before the federal dollars came flowing. I honestly don't remember how it started in my community, but I know my community will keep it intact, no matter how much fund raising they have to do.......................  Maybe we would be much better served if we supported our own instead of expecting Washington to fund everything. And the budget cuts have me smiling..it's long overdue. But baby steps and I think that is the way to do it.

IP Logged

darroll
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 03/17/17 at 15:46:22
Print Post  
The libs are busy trying to find out if his budget pi$$es off the spotted owl. Too.

IP Logged

GGlass4395
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 03/17/17 at 15:57:46
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 03/16/17 at 19:44:06:
They are already *itching about cuts for the poor, etc etc etc.

Lily003   Angry

Ugh, ridiculous!  Get a job people!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Trump's 1st Budget Proposal

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media