Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › TV Networks Fret as Midseason Shows Fail to Connect With Viewers
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) TV Networks Fret as Midseason Shows Fail to Connect With Viewers (Read 548 times)
bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: TV Networks Fret as Midseason Shows Fail to Connect With Viewers
Reply #10 - 03/18/17 at 16:41:30
Print Post  
I know none of you watch CNN, but they have a series, "The History of Comedy".  There have been four shows so far.  It is really good.  They will no doubt be repeated.  The first run shows are on Thursday.  There are clips from all of the shows we grew up with all the way back to the 50's.  Check it out if you can.  == They showed a clip from Ozzie & Harriet and one of their sponsors name was on the screen, "Prophylactic Toothbrushes".  I hate to even ask what that is........ Smiley

IP Logged

SolanumV
Senior CF Member

C-L-E-M-S-O-N

Reply #11 - 03/18/17 at 18:16:00
Print Post  
Check out "The Expanse" on Syfy. It's the best show on tv right now imho. It's set 200 years in the future in a human colonized solar system with Earth and Mars in the midst of a cold war.

IP Logged

ceelu
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 03/18/17 at 18:25:42
Print Post  
Well, it's a small wonder that there's no connection. The comedies aren't funny. The dramas just plain stink, many of them are just poor excuses of remakes of former hit series from the 90's, but don't have a cast that can pull off the roles. Also, I'm sick of the politically correct undertow everywhere, shows and ads, that pander to interracial coupling, the lgbtq bunch, and every other noisy minority out there as if they represent the majority. Other than Survivor, I haven't watched any programs on the big national networks. We have a couple of new retro stations that are local off-shoots that have been added to our cable (expensive, but doesn't require a 2yr. contract) selections and I've been watching those. One has stuff like the old b/w Perry Mason, Andy Griffith Show, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. the other runs a lot of old (B, I'd say Z rated) sci-fi movies that are hilarious (paper mache monsters, poorly fitted rubber masks, really bad creature suits), and some newer films that are off-beat with sad special effects. I find these stations funnier and more entertaining than anything the big networks are airing. I do check out Hannity on FOX, but turn a deaf ear to pretty much everything else.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 03/19/17 at 00:12:36
Print Post  
ceelu wrote on 03/18/17 at 18:25:42:
Well, it's a small wonder that there's no connection. The comedies aren't funny. The dramas just plain stink, many of them are just poor excuses of remakes of former hit series from the 90's, but don't have a cast that can pull off the roles. Also, I'm sick of the politically correct undertow everywhere, shows and ads, that pander to interracial coupling, the lgbtq bunch, and every other noisy minority out there as if they represent the majority. Other than Survivor, I haven't watched any programs on the big national networks. We have a couple of new retro stations that are local off-shoots that have been added to our cable (expensive, but doesn't require a 2yr. contract) selections and I've been watching those. One has stuff like the old b/w Perry Mason, Andy Griffith Show, Alfred Hitchcock, etc. the other runs a lot of old (B, I'd say Z rated) sci-fi movies that are hilarious (paper mache monsters, poorly fitted rubber masks, really bad creature suits), and some newer films that are off-beat with sad special effects. I find these stations funnier and more entertaining than anything the big networks are airing. I do check out Hannity on FOX, but turn a deaf ear to pretty much everything else.

Not all shows in the 1950's were good. Some were worse than today's shows.

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 03/19/17 at 03:23:23
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 03/19/17 at 00:12:36:
Not all shows in the 1950's were good. Some were worse than today's shows.

Speak for yourself, Big!  When I was a kid "The Creature from The Black Lagoon" was a staple part of weekend sleep overs!  We'd stay up all night eating popcorn and watching cheesy monster movies!  Grin

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."

IP Logged

NotDave
CF Full Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 03/19/17 at 04:09:20
Print Post  
Hopefully this is an indicator of a much larger problem for the entertainment industry where America is turning off the left's agendatainment.

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #16 - 03/19/17 at 07:10:39
Print Post  
ceelu wrote on 03/18/17 at 18:25:42:

I get those free with my antennae..

IP Logged

Wayne
CF Global Moderator

carpe beer!

Reply #17 - 03/19/17 at 07:13:09
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 03/18/17 at 16:41:30:
I know none of you watch CNN, but they have a series, "The History of Comedy".  There have been four shows so far.  It is really good.  They will no doubt be repeated.  The first run shows are on Thursday.  There are clips from all of the shows we grew up with all the way back to the 50's.  Check it out if you can.  == They showed a clip from Ozzie & Harriet and one of their sponsors name was on the screen, "Prophylactic Toothbrushes".  I hate to even ask what that is........ Smiley

IP Logged

darroll
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 03/19/17 at 14:39:55
Print Post  
I resorted to the animals eating each other (National Geographic)...
Then they show a polar bear in summer riding a ice cube and complain about the poor bear is going to drown/starve because of climate change.

IP Logged

Conservative Heros
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 03/19/17 at 15:50:01
Print Post  
I basically only watch Youtube. I like watching blacksmiths (people that work with metal, not black men named "Smith") make stuff. Also have some outdoor channels and some homesteading channels, etc...
I get to pick and choose whatever I like rather than having programming BS and commercials shoved in my face.

The time is near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be free men or slaves.&&George Washington&&&&Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.&&George Washington&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › TV Networks Fret as Midseason Shows Fail to Connect With Viewers

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media