Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsGun Rights › Conceal carry gun bill would allow states to cross-honor permits
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Conceal carry gun bill would allow states to cross-honor permits (Read 509 times)
Nyte_Byrd
CF Presidents Club

Talk Is Cheep

Conceal carry gun bill would allow states to cross-honor permits
03/22/17 at 11:29:53
Print Post  
FoxNews.com

A gun owner crossing state lines with a legally registered firearm can land in prison under what critics say is a “patchwork” of laws that have little to do with public safety.

A bill working its way to President Trump’s desk could change that, by allowing gun owners who are allowed to carry concealed guns in their home states to exercise the rights in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry.

more

If You're Here To Teach, Then You've Much To Learn

IP Logged

ZeWazir
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Re: Conceal carry gun bill would allow states to cross-honor permits
Reply #1 - 04/17/17 at 17:15:12
Print Post  
Nyte_Byrd wrote on 03/22/17 at 11:29:53:
FoxNews.com

A gun owner crossing state lines with a legally registered firearm can land in prison under what critics say is a “patchwork” of laws that have little to do with public safety.

A bill working its way to President Trump’s desk could change that, by allowing gun owners who are allowed to carry concealed guns in their home states to exercise the rights in any other state that does not prohibit concealed carry.

more

This bill does not go far enough - not by a long shot. The problem is exactly with the states that do not allow concealed carry, not with the other states. The states which currently outlaw concealed carry are the states which continually threaten to nail law abiding citizens with felony convictions for "illegal" possession of a firearm. Yet this cowardly do-nothing-of-real-importance bill leaves that problem in place without touching it. (Funny how the progs only pay attention to state's rights when in benefits their agenda - otherwise it's federal law and screw the states.)

It's time to tell the anti-gun panty twisting morons to upstick their bull crap laws edgewise and enforce the Constitution as it is written.

IP Logged

Kybeagle
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 05/05/17 at 22:55:09
Print Post  
Last year I traveled across the country. As usual, my daily carry was at my side. When I reached Illinois I had to remove my sidearm, unload it, and place both gun and ammo in separate locations inaccessible to the passengers. If I had not done so I would have risked arrest and imprisonment for absolutely nothing.  I don't think this new federal law would have any effect in the state of Illinois. They have showed their contempt for federal law on many occasions.

We should've picked our own cotton!

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 05/06/17 at 04:48:16
Print Post  
Kybeagle wrote on 05/05/17 at 22:55:09:
Last year I traveled across the country. As usual, my daily carry was at my side. When I reached Illinois I had to remove my sidearm, unload it, and place both gun and ammo in separate locations inaccessible to the passengers. If I had not done so I would have risked arrest and imprisonment for absolutely nothing.  I don't think this new federal law would have any effect in the state of Illinois. They have showed their contempt for federal law on many occasions.

Illinois only protects criminals.  The state is a cesspool of demoncrap corruption.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

longshot
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 07/02/17 at 13:52:45
Print Post  
Indiana honors about every state's permit to carry. Not all states have such an agreement with us however.

I don't stop for animals but I will stop for tools.

IP Logged

stringfellow_hawke
CF Junior Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 08/16/17 at 15:56:48
Print Post  
I traveled through Maryland back in May and had to lock my gun up and put the ammo elsewhere. That is the first time I have done that as Maryland and DC are the only places close to me that don't honor my WV permit.  I was in NY in June for one day when I was vacationing in Erie, PA but just simply did not take my gun and left it in my hotel room in a lock box.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsGun Rights › Conceal carry gun bill would allow states to cross-honor permits

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias