Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Gorsuch to hear Church-State case.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Gorsuch to hear Church-State case. (Read 1,238 times)
muffin
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Gorsuch to hear Church-State case.
04/16/17 at 22:12:56
Print Post  
.....it should be interesting and telling to see which way he votes. We clearly have laws to separate Church and State, no public money should go to churches for playgrounds.  Churches need to raise money through church activities and donations.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/supreme-court-gorsuch-set-hear-church-s...

« Last Edit: 04/17/17 at 08:28:51 by muffin »  

Tomorrow is promised to no one.

IP Logged

Ms. Daisy
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Gorsuch to hear Church-State case.
Reply #1 - 04/16/17 at 23:17:46
Print Post  
Church and State isn't a cut and dry issue for me. I want Christianity and even parts of Judaism (the old testimate) to be taught and encouraged by public schools, as everywhere else. I do not believe that though about all religions. I don't want public schools teaching about Islam or any other false religions. I have stated in the past that I believe that America is a Christian nation, and her citizens are free to worship the God of Abraham in any way they would like, as long as it is the One True God of Abraham. I whole heartedly believe that was our founders intent.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 04/16/17 at 23:32:03
Print Post  
Since this concerns a playground rather than the school itself, I don't see how this is an issue.

The state has a special program regarding recycled tires used as a safety measure for playgrounds.  Parents whose children attend the schools pay into that fund when they pay that fee.  It doesn't go to the school itself.

So, that is my take on it.  Seems petty, but then a lot of things the left and unions do seem petty to me.

Lily003   Undecided

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 04/17/17 at 06:20:11
Print Post  
There is no such thing as separation of church and state, it's made up. The constitution says.
Quote:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Here is where it comes from.
Quote:
"wall of separation between church and state", as written in Thomas Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptist Association in 1802.

�Every man is like the company he keeps.�&&"Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"
They Repealed My II Amendment I had No Guns
They Disregarded My V Amendment I Was Innocent
They Violated My IV Amendment I Had Nothing To Hide
They Repealed My I Amendment "I COULD SAY NOTHING"

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 04/17/17 at 06:34:07
Print Post  
The Stranger wrote on 04/17/17 at 06:20:11:
There is no such thing as separation of church and state, it's made up. The constitution says.
Here is where it comes from.

This is correct, and the left has perverted it with liberal judges.  Watch them howl if Gorsuch rules per the constitution.  We shall see.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 04/17/17 at 06:40:30
Print Post  
UCAV wrote on 04/17/17 at 06:34:07:
This is correct, and the left has perverted it with liberal judges.  Watch them howl if Gorsuch rules per the constitution.  We shall see.

I think these cases if heard will get tossed as BS. How is anyone putting a Cross on government land Promoting or Establishing a Religion. It don't. Just Liberal bluster that the press runs with.

�Every man is like the company he keeps.�&&"Show me your friends and I'll show you your Future"

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 04/17/17 at 06:46:40
Print Post  
I agree, and they continue to do this because they get away with it.  If a judge told them they were full of crap and this was a frivolous law suit, it would soon stop.  The shame of it is they have used their victories to run Christianity off of government property.  How come Islam is allowed?  Are they admitting Islam isn't a religion but a political ideology instead?

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away."

IP Logged

The Stranger
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 04/17/17 at 07:01:17
Print Post  
UCAV wrote on 04/17/17 at 06:46:40:
I agree, and they continue to do this because they get away with it.  If a judge told them they were full of crap and this was a frivolous law suit, it would soon stop.  The shame of it is they have used their victories to run Christianity off of government property.  How come Islam is allowed?  Are they admitting Islam isn't a religion but a political ideology instead?

Great argument!!

IP Logged

killermccoy
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 04/17/17 at 07:14:46
Print Post  
Ms. Daisy wrote on 04/16/17 at 23:17:46:
Church and State isn't a cut and dry issue for me. I want Christianity and even parts of Judaism (the old testimate) to be taught and encouraged by public schools, as everywhere else. I do not believe that though about all religions. I don't want public schools teaching about Islam or any other false religions. I have stated in the past that I believe that America is a Christian nation, and her citizens are free to worship the God of Abraham in any way they would like, as long as it is the One True God of Abraham. I whole heartedly believe that was our founders intent.

What parts of Christianity do you want taught, which interpretation of it?  Each faith within Christianity has slightly different versions.  Jefferson was against big religion of more specifically the Anglican Church of England which force fed one set of ideals.

I don't want my son to be taught that God literally made Earth in 7 days and that man walked with dinosaurs.  I don't want my son taught that Adam and Eve simply ate an apple, I do not want my son being taught that Mary is a deity or any other saint should be prayed to and I don't want my son taught that there is a pre tribulation rapture.

Everything I just mentioned is doctrine in different evangelical and Catholic churches.  It would come down to who controls the local school board and that would become organized religion.

The 10 Commandments are universal and school prayer is about as close as you are going to get in public school to be allowed.

IP Logged

longshot
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 04/17/17 at 07:20:22
Print Post  
Absolutely agree. Ms. Daisy wrote on 04/16/17 at 23:17:46:

I don't stop for animals but I will stop for tools.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Gorsuch to hear Church-State case.

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media