Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Gorsuch to hear Church-State case.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Gorsuch to hear Church-State case. (Read 1,412 times)
Ms. Daisy
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Gorsuch to hear Church-State case.
Reply #20 - 04/17/17 at 15:20:14
Print Post  
SolanumV wrote on 04/17/17 at 14:55:37:
What if people refuse to go to bible class and you start getting protests?

Nothing different than when students choose not to go to "evolution" class and people protest for the word of God to be once again allowed in our schools.

IP Logged

longshot
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #21 - 04/17/17 at 15:28:19
Print Post  
We live in a land of free choice within this fallen world in which we live. You can choose to believe the Bible and accept it or refuse it. Nobody can force it upon you. I choose to believe it.  I believe our problems started when God was put in the closet (taken out of schools and government) and the sodomites among other things were released from the closet upon society.

I don't stop for animals but I will stop for tools.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 04/17/17 at 18:12:12
Print Post  
killermccoy wrote on 04/17/17 at 07:14:46:
What parts of Christianity do you want taught, which interpretation of it?  Each faith within Christianity has slightly different versions.  Jefferson was against big religion of more specifically the Anglican Church of England which force fed one set of ideals.

I don't want my son to be taught that God literally made Earth in 7 days

HHHUUUMMM....................I am probably a "Lower Level Religious Person" but, ==  How Do You Know?  Wink

IP Logged

Farrar
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #23 - 04/17/17 at 18:21:21
Print Post  
longshot wrote on 04/17/17 at 15:28:19:
We live in a land of free choice within this fallen world in which we live. You can choose to believe the Bible and accept it or refuse it. Nobody can force it upon you. I choose to believe it.  I believe our problems started when God was put in the closet (taken out of schools and government) and the sodomites among other things were released from the closet upon society.

Thank you for that post.

While agreeing with that and other comments on religious belief (in the affirmative sense) I have seen what I've seen, and there is no other way of explaining it outside of the Christian or Buddhist teachings.

I have no wish to elaborate on these, but it is more (note the need to make that a bold more) than enough.

Answer: Terrorising the terorists.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #24 - 04/17/17 at 18:40:03
Print Post  
When I was teaching Public High School math and science back in the 1950s we were required to start the day reading at least 10 verses of the Bible, reciting the Lord's Prayer, and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in home room.

In my General Science classes I taught both Creationism and Evolution and pointed out the similarities between the two, i.e.,  that Genesis described what happened and the scientists developed a theory of how it happened (evolution). I noted that the order of Creation in Genesis was almost exactly the order of the evolution of species contained in the theory of evolution.

I still believe that there is little or no conflict between Creationism and Evolution.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 04/17/17 at 18:50:09
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 04/17/17 at 18:40:03:
When I was teaching Public High School math and science back in the 1950s we were required to start the day reading at least 10 verses of the Bible, reciting the Lord's Prayer, and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance every morning in home room.

In my General Science classes I taught both Creationism and Evolution and pointed out the similarities between the two, i.e.,  that Genesis described what happened and the scientists developed a theory of how it happened (evolution). I noted that the order of Creation in Genesis was almost exactly the order of the evolution of species contained in the theory of evolution.

I still believe that there is little or no conflict between Creationism and Evolution.   

Here is some more of the same.  I was in elementary school in the suburbs of the San Francisco Bay area from 1960 through 1966.  We did exactly what is highlighted above, every morning.  In commifornia!  The state wasn't always bad!

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #26 - 04/17/17 at 19:00:16
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 04/17/17 at 18:40:03:

Thanks for posting that. == I was a student in the early 1960's and that indeed was the procedure in Texas.

IP Logged

killermccoy
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 04/17/17 at 19:12:06
Print Post  
Ms. Daisy wrote on 04/17/17 at 14:49:49:
Well, I will say, I don't appreciate being called a tyrant. I simply want God's word to spread and be heard loud from the mountain tops. It is in HIS good word that may save our children from immorality. Pur children must 've equipped with at least the knowledge of HIS good word. It is my belief that the holy scripture is the cure for the illness that has stricken this newest generation. Instead of Jesus our children are fed sex, violence and depravity. We sit here and wonder why violent crime among youth is at an all time high. Could it be because the schools have turned their backs on Jesus? I believe it may well be. Our children need direction and morals and there is no better book on that than the good book, HIS holy word, the scriptures and the testaments to HIS risen son Jesus Christ.

If you want to make it mandatory, you are forcing it which makes you a tyrant.  It may come to a surprise to many of you that some of our founding fathers were agnostic.

When Jesus was teaching his disciples (to eventually become apostles), he told them when you go into someone's home to spread the good news and they slap you in the face, to turn the other cheek.  In short, you do not force the word of God on someone.

There are Christian schools, there are even multiple churches in every town.  The options are there.

The degradation of society, along with the reduction of religious Americans has less to do with our public schools and more to do with 53 years of a never ending, cradle to tomb government entitlement system.  Why believe in God when not only will the government take care of you but will actually reward your immortality by continuing to fund multiple kids with multiple fathers.

God gave us free will, our founding fathers gave us liberty.

Sociology is an amazing thing and there is a direct correlation between our peak as a society in 1964 to the rag tag collection we call a country today.

Plus, what an amazing thought of the greatness of God that he may have actually thought of you personally 5 billion years ago.

IP Logged

RedDirt
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #28 - 04/17/17 at 19:34:27
Print Post  
I think this is one of those problems that has no solution.
We start out with a law that Washington must remain neutral
on religion. Schools develop, then, as basically community
institutions. Then Washington decides it wants to tax and redistribute to school districts, so everyone can be equal.
School boards, with reservations, take the money. The next thing you know, Washington is finding other things about the
systems to correct. Now, school policies wax and wane with the political winds. Shoulda told them to keep the money. Some
districts did.

IP Logged

Mr Mojo Risen
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 04/17/17 at 20:19:44
Print Post  
As previously stated, the Constitution does not call for a separation of church and state.  Such a separation is impossible under our Constitution.  A true believer of any religion by nature will be influenced by his faith in every aspect of his life, including his political beliefs.

The First Amendment was never intended to keep religion out of our government, rather to keep the government out of our religion.  The government may acknowledge different religious establishments and even work together with them in some common interests, but has to remain neutral in religious training.

Religious schools can be funded the same as public schools for "reading, writing, and arithmetic", but no funding for religious training other than teaching the basic tenants of the major world religions and religion's role in history.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Gorsuch to hear Church-State case.

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias
Rasmussen Reports