Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › My stance on science
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) My stance on science (Read 1,071 times)
Dixie
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

My stance on science
05/18/17 at 17:27:13
Print Post  
Well, Science is important to a certain degree- and its only necessary to a certain degree. I dont mind practical science thats useful, but what the hell is the point of knowing stuff were never gonna use? For example; global warming, be it true or not, will not affect any of us in our lifetime! Also, we can't allow science to go against Christian values; for example, evolution! We all know god made us and everything around us! Whats the point of contradicting it? Everything went well till society began relying solely on science... Fortunately, there is still a way to go back; IGNORE WHAT THEY SAY!

But, science can prove useful sometimes (forgive me...)heres an example; there is scientific proof that there is only two genders; MAN AND WOMAN and that these two genders are naturally meant to bond together. Ill infer that all the homos just wanna be crazy, from their own will! As a Christian, I dont hate them; I strongly dislike WHAT THEY DO and pray that they may change. Therefore, science can be useful for some things...

"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon."
- Quote by George Washington

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: My stance on science
Reply #1 - 05/18/17 at 18:19:18
Print Post  
Dixie wrote on 05/18/17 at 17:27:13:
Well, Science is important to a certain degree- and its only necessary to a certain degree. I dont mind practical science thats useful, but what the hell is the point of knowing stuff were never gonna use? For example; global warming,

Please don't mention Science and Global Warming as if they belong together.

IP Logged

Dixie
CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #2 - 05/18/17 at 19:10:48
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 05/18/17 at 18:19:18:

your right... I forgot to mention its a hoax...  Undecided

"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon."
- Quote by George Washington

GOD BLESS AMERICA!

IP Logged

ZeWazir
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #3 - 05/18/17 at 20:44:57
Print Post  
Well, Science is important to a certain degree- and its only necessary to a certain degree. I dont mind practical science thats useful, but what the hell is the point of knowing stuff were never gonna use? For example; global warming, be it true or not, will not affect any of us in our lifetime! Also, we can't allow science to go against Christian values; for example, evolution! We all know god made us and everything around us! Whats the point of contradicting it? Everything went well till society began relying solely on science... Fortunately, there is still a way to go back; IGNORE WHAT THEY SAY!

But, science can prove useful sometimes (forgive me...)heres an example; there is scientific proof that there is only two genders; MAN AND WOMAN and that these two genders are naturally meant to bond together. Ill infer that all the homos just wanna be crazy, from their own will! As a Christian, I dont hate them; I strongly dislike WHAT THEY DO and pray that they may change. Therefore, science can be useful for some things...

The thing about practical science (ie: engineering) is it cannot occur without theoretical science leading the way.  Many have asked the question "What the hell is the point of knowing stuff were never gonna use?"  The answer is, we never know when something we learned through scientific research may come in handy. Who could have predicted back in 1866 that Mendel's work understanding why some plants produced gray peas and some plants produced green peas would end up with a technical field that is currently finding cures for all kinds of diseases and ailments that would have remained mysterious sources of death without our knowledge of genetics.

Then there is the entire field of electronics, which began with pure research into the mysteries of magnetism. From natural magnets to the ability to make magnets, to electro-magents giving us the exciting ability to turn magnets on and off at will which gave us the telegraph, then finding the reverse of the process could generate electricity with all that entails, including the Edison bulb, then going back the other way again and before we can blink twice we're using these funky devices based on magnetic research to process data by the terabyte, communicate across the globe in microseconds, and converse with people about any topic we choose.

Looking down through history, pure research has ALWAYS ended up paying off, eventually. And THAT is why it's good to know things, even if we don't have an immediate use for that knowledge.

And as far as science telling us about the universe God created, my stance is He made things the way He did for a reason, and there is nothing wrong with trying to understand it better.

IP Logged

Gabriele
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #4 - 05/18/17 at 21:19:39
Print Post  
ZeWazir wrote on 05/18/17 at 20:44:57:
The thing about practical science (ie: engineering) is it cannot occur without theoretical science leading the way.  Many have asked the question "What the hell is the point of knowing stuff were never gonna use?"  The answer is, we never know when something we learned through scientific research may come in handy. Who could have predicted back in 1866 that Mendel's work understanding why some plants produced gray peas and some plants produced green peas would end up with a technical field that is currently finding cures for all kinds of diseases and ailments that would have remained mysterious sources of death without our knowledge of genetics.

Then there is the entire field of electronics, which began with pure research into the mysteries of magnetism. From natural magnets to the ability to make magnets, to electro-magents giving us the exciting ability to turn magnets on and off at will which gave us the telegraph, then finding the reverse of the process could generate electricity with all that entails, including the Edison bulb, then going back the other way again and before we can blink twice we're using these funky devices based on magnetic research to process data by the terabyte, communicate across the globe in microseconds, and converse with people about any topic we choose.

Looking down through history, pure research has ALWAYS ended up paying off, eventually. And THAT is why it's good to know things, even if we don't have an immediate use for that knowledge.

And as far as science telling us about the universe God created, my stance is He made things the way He did for a reason, and there is nothing wrong with trying to understand it better.

Well said.

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #5 - 05/18/17 at 22:18:49
Print Post  
Science also says that life begins at conception.

When a baby human being is born, it is the end result of a magnificent scientific programming of two cells.  Because NO ONE can answer at what other point in this that life actually begins.  It's all there in those first two cells. 

Science completely co-exists with God.  If you look around you at nature's magnificence, only God could have put it in motion.  Even with evolution included. 

As to learning, who among us could have predicted the colossal leaps in scientific and medical knowledge we benefit from today?  Learning uses the brain, which is never wasted.

Lily003    Shocked

IP Logged

dustymars
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #6 - 05/19/17 at 09:37:26
Print Post  
bigmck wrote on 05/18/17 at 18:19:18:

Mega dittos!

On another point; I use science because I want to know.  Pure and simple.

IP Logged

nicky43
CF Vice Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #7 - 05/19/17 at 10:01:04
Print Post  
Well,  Also, we can't allow science to go against Christian values; for example, evolution! We all know god made us and everything around us! Whats the point of contradicting it?

Actually, the more we learn about science the more it points to God or "a Creator".   

The best book I ever read is "The Case for a Creator"; A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God by Lee Strobel.  Fantastic very interesting book for everyone that really tackles the science that disproves evolution and points to a creator.  The science in the book is teriffic, and easy for the non-scientist to read.  Anyone with any doubts about God or who has an interest in science such as Biology, Astronomy, Cosmology, Biochemistry, and Physics; they are all discussed in this great book.  And the book gives a great beat down to Darwinism and the lies and exaggerations needed to support evolution. 

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Creator-Journalist-Investigates-Scientific/dp/031024...

This is by far one of the best books you'll ever read!

The only way to make it is to try!

IP Logged

dustymars
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #8 - 05/22/17 at 09:24:10
Print Post  
For got about this:  "The Boy Who Cried Warming,"
http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/boy-who-cried-warming/

The late Don Parker and I published and lectured many times our opinions of the so-called "global warming" hysteria.

IP Logged

dustymars
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #9 - 05/22/17 at 11:29:22
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › My stance on science

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Daily Caller
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias