Conservatives Forum.com The #1 Conservatives Forum on Google.com
Conservative News and Discussion Forum. Home of the Sisterhood Of the Sacred Skillet of Justice.
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Page 2 - Page 3 - CF Forums - Conservative News Source - Newsmax TV
Constitutional Issues - Candidates Action - Economy - Talk Radio Conservative News - Conservatives Directory
Sports - Health - Poetry - Entertainment - Cook, Crafts - Activists Forum - Conservative Activist - CF Chat
Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › The last blue state in the mid-west is circling the drain
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The last blue state in the mid-west is circling the drain (Read 1,278 times)
killermccoy
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: The last blue state in the mid-west is circling the drain
Reply #10 - 06/18/17 at 20:00:48
Print Post  
This is just the beginning.  Local, state and federal pensions are insolvent.  Sure the government's are going into debt and it isn't affecting most of us yet, but it will.

Promising someone to work for 35 years, not even put 10% of their paycheck away to retirement and give them a full pension from 58 years of age to 90 is unsustainable and the taxpayers who have to work until they are eligible for SS will not pay for it. 

Does Detroit and Flint deserve a bailout?  Hell no.

Does the postal service need a bailout?  Hell no.

Does Illinois deserve a bail out?  Hell no.

Does every government employee eventually need a bailout? (Because it's a matter of time until they do).  Hell no.

Better start a 401k like everyone else.

Drain the swamp and end greedy government pensions for lackluster work performance.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #11 - 06/18/17 at 20:19:35
Print Post  
And, remember: Chicago is the murder capital of America, maybe even of the entire world.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #12 - 06/18/17 at 20:21:54
Print Post  
What do you think will happen when the Illinois Government becomes broke and can't pay any more bills?  I can't see the Federal Government bailing out a state.  It would set an ugly precedence for the next state (California?).

IP Logged

dajbcr84
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #13 - 06/18/17 at 21:37:43
Print Post  
My oldest sister lives in Illinois. I wouldn't mind seeing her move out of this state, because I hear so many bad things about Illinois. My guess is that she has no choice but to stay where she is, though I'm not sure, myself. My mother probably knows more about my oldest sister's situation, since she occasionally talks to her on the phone. My oldest sister also lives near the Chicago area, by the way.

RESIST LIBERALISM!

IP Logged

CF Admin
CF Administrator

Conservative's Forum

Reply #14 - 06/18/17 at 22:03:14
Print Post  
Probably best to move out. I wouldn't be surprised to see property values fall.

IP Logged

oldhickory60
Leading CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #15 - 06/19/17 at 13:40:46
Print Post  
Probably another of the progs' horrors from the Trump victory.  And one of their big reasons for desperately invoking impeachment, assassination, "insanity" / institutionionalizing, and so on.

He's not likely to allow a bailout for communist idiots in CA, IL, HI, CT.

Clinton-Obama would have given them each a trillion bucks  somehow, to keep perfecting the communism.

Hopefully Trump treats them like a failed division of his company.  Receivership, massive cutting to the bone, etc.

Oh how they'll squeal and scream "dictator !!"  "fascist !!"  "Murder !!".

IP Logged

UCAV
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #16 - 06/19/17 at 14:01:19
Print Post  
oldhickory60 wrote on 06/19/17 at 13:40:46:
Probably another of the progs' horrors from the Trump victory.  And one of their big reasons for desperately invoking impeachment, assassination, "insanity" / institutionionalizing, and so on.

He's not likely to allow a bailout for communist idiots in CA, IL, HI, CT.

Clinton-Obama would have given them each a trillion bucks  somehow, to keep perfecting the communism.

Hopefully Trump treats them like a failed division of his company.  Receivership, massive cutting to the bone, etc.

Oh how they'll squeal and scream "dictator !!"  "fascist !!"  "Murder !!".

As long as they have sanctuary cities or they are a sanctuary state.  No help, just die on the vine and take a dirt nap.

"When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away." #DestroytheFakeMedia!

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #17 - 06/21/17 at 18:25:33
Print Post  
Illinois Comptroller: "The State Can No Longer Function"

Quote:
With just 10 days to go until Illinois enters its third year without a budget, resulting in the state's imminent downgrade to junk status and potentially culminating in a default for the state whose unpaid bills now surpass $15 billion, Democratic Illinois Comptroller Susana Mendoza issued a warning to Illinois Gov. Rauner and other elected officials on Tuesday, saying in a letter that her office has "very serious concerns" it may no longer be able to guarantee "timely and predictable payments" for some core services.

In the letter posted on her website, Mendoza who over the weekend warned that Illinois is "in massive crisis mode" and that "this is not a false alarm" said the state is "effectively hemorrhaging money" due to various court orders and laws that have left government spending roughly $600 million more a month than it's taking in.

Illinois has fallen below the Mendoza Line. Grin Grin (Baseball fans will understand that sentence.)

Mendoza Line
Quote:
The Mendoza Line is an expression in baseball in the United States, deriving from the name of shortstop Mario Mendoza, whose poor batting average is taken to define the threshold of incompetent hitting.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

Drogon
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #18 - 06/21/17 at 19:25:00
Print Post  
Lily003 wrote on 06/18/17 at 16:14:31:
I wish I knew what those of us who DO NOT agree with Democrat politics can do.  We are totally outnumbered.  Dickie loves refugees, Rahm loves the sanctuary city, and many of us just despair at what goes on. 

Move? I am actually wondering where my state is getting all its money but, my roads are pretty nasty too.

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #19 - 06/21/17 at 22:54:12
Print Post  
"With just 10 days to go until Illinois enters its third year without a budget, resulting in the state's imminent downgrade to junk status and potentially culminating in a default for the state whose unpaid bills now surpass $15 billion, Democratic Illinois Comptroller Susana Mendoza issued a warning to Illinois Gov. Rauner and other elected officials on Tuesday, saying in a letter that her office has "very serious concerns" it may no longer be able to guarantee "timely and predictable payments" for some core services."

I would say that the Guarantee was gone a long time ago if you are $15 Billion in debt.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › The last blue state in the mid-west is circling the drain

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
conservative sites:
Newsmax
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
The American Thinker
Breitbart News
FrontPage Magazine
Right Bias
Rasmussen Reports