Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Our Healthcare Bill
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Our Healthcare Bill (Read 1,721 times)
bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Re: Our Healthcare Bill
Reply #20 - 07/09/17 at 08:21:02
Print Post  
Chortovka wrote on 07/09/17 at 08:20:16:
I can't begin to grasp why anyone would not want to support Kate's law.    It's beyond my comprehension.    Totally.   Completely.    It's beyond what my mind can process.   

This is what the Democrats have become.  The Senate might not pass another Bill.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #21 - 07/09/17 at 11:17:48
Print Post  
I'm in favor of Health Savings Accounts from which people can shop for health insurance and freely select from insurance plans to find the best plan to suit their needs at the lowest rate (better yet, pay the provider directly).

We can select the healthcare plan to suit our needs from dozens of plans through the company from which I retired. We selected a plan from Humana for less than $20 per month. Of course, we each pay the Medicare premium.

It seems to me that if health insurance companies were forced to compete with each other in a free market for our business, premiums would drop precipitously and we would get much better healthcare. In other words, get the government out of healthcare.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."
Naturalized-Texan, many times in the past 15 years

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #22 - 07/09/17 at 11:21:31
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 07/09/17 at 11:17:48:
It seems to me that if health insurance companies were forced to compete with each other in a free market for our business, premiums would drop precipitously and we would get much better healthcare. In other words, [b]get the government out of healthcare.

DING, DING, DING....We have a Winner Ladies and Gentlemen,

IP Logged

ZeWazir
Senior CF Member

Conservative's Forum

Reply #23 - 07/09/17 at 11:49:14
Print Post  
It seems to me that if health insurance companies were forced to compete with each other in a free market for our business, premiums would drop precipitously and we would get much better healthcare. In other words, get the government out of healthcare.

One of the primary difficulties lies with the fact that the entire healthcare industry is the most heavily regulated industry in the world. In their zeal to protect the public from "snake oil salesmen", the government has come to regulate literally every aspect of providing health care services. From demanding a long, circuitous route to putting new medications on the market, to demanding equally long and involved routes to developing something as simple as a surgical scalpel that is sharpened by a laser, .gov is the primary factor in the fact that costs of health care rising at rates far above standard inflation. We complain - somewhat legitimately - about the new MRI machine at the local hospital costing them several millions of dollars. But a huge factor of that cost is resident in the fact that the company that developed the new MRI machine spent billions in research costs, much of it simply to satisfy government bureaucracies their machine will do what they say it will do, with "adequate" (according to theses self same bureaucracies) safeguards. Yet they have a limited time to sell these machines before the patent runs out.

In short, talking of "free market" for insurance ignores the fact that health care itself is anything but free market. The "affordable insurance" issue will not go away by using ANY method, unless we first address the massive, onerous, and EXPENSIVE regulations on health care itself.

IP Logged

Naturalized-Texan
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #24 - 07/09/17 at 13:43:32
Print Post  
ZeWazir wrote on 07/09/17 at 11:49:14:
In short, talking of "free market" for insurance ignores the fact that health care itself is anything but free market. The "affordable insurance" issue will not go away by using ANY method, unless we first address the massive, onerous, and EXPENSIVE regulations on health care itself.

In other words, get the government completely out of healthcare. Make healthcare a private matter between the patient and the provider.

"Anthropogenic Global Warming/Climate Change is a massive POLITICAL hoax."

"Modern American liberalism, Mussolini's Fascism, and Hitler's Nazism all have their roots in Wilsonian Progressivism."
Naturalized-Texan, 1/7/2009

"The goal of all liberal programs is to produce ever-increasing numbers of poor and ignorant people dependent on government handouts."

IP Logged

Lily003
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #25 - 07/09/17 at 13:51:06
Print Post  
Ms. Daisy wrote on 07/09/17 at 04:31:51:
Lilly, I know you have a soft spot about this because you have experience in medicine and have a daughter that requires medical assistance to function normally, but you need to keep with your ideology. I don't personally pay for my insurance either. I have a brother who pays mine and he is a saint. If every Joe Schmoe was able to get insurance then what would that mean for people like my brother? I'm sorry but my brother makes sure I have excellent coverage for my diabetes problems and if everyone had the same coverage then what would all the money he has put toward my care mean? Nothing. That is what, nothing. With a capital N.

When thinking about health care you shouldn't be thinking about your daughter but people like my brother and me. Don't make the money my brother spends worth nothing. Healthcare is something that is earned and not handed by government.

I am working from the premise that government in health insurance is just not going away.  It doesn't come from any personal experience.  Other than to say young people should buy it too.

I just don't see that the system will go back to what it was.  And that was another goal of Obamacare.  Even if it is repealed, he still got his goal - government health care.

Do you really think this will go away and the other system come back?  As Ronald Reagan put it "the closest thing to eternal life is a government program."  I would WANT the same you do, I just don't think it's going to happen.  So I try to think in that context now.

Lily003    Undecided

IP Logged

Jazzhead
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 07/10/17 at 08:40:35
Print Post  
Quote:
(From Miss Daisy): Healthcare is a privilege to those who have earned it and it's about time we start treating it that way.

Just had to rant for a bit. I really do hate this millennial gimme this gimme that snowflake generation. They are useless and a drain on our system. None of them deserve healthcare in my opinion. Let them get sick and actually have to deal with a real problem for once in their miserable useless little lives.

Healthcare only for those who "deserve" it?   How the heck is that supposed to work?   Do you "deserve" healthcare?  Why?  Do I?  Again, why? 

Not every millennial has, say, a brother or uncle who can pay for their healthcare.   Many work hard at multiple jobs none of which offer health insurance as a benefit.  It took my son three years after his college graduation to find a job with health benefits.   In his case, he was able to stay on my policy until he turned 26 - thanks to ObamaCare.

But the ObamaCare exchange policies are a terrible deal for millennials.    Insurers can't charge more than a 3 to 1 ratio between their younger and older lives.   Actuarial equivalence demands that folks in their late fifties and sixties ought to pay five to six times more than someone my son's age.   So the ACA policies force the young to subsidize the old.   Many millennials are rationally deciding to pay the ACA mandate penalty rather than purchase unaffordable coverage.    Of course they're betting - perhaps with their lives - that they won't encounter a catastrophic medical situation.   

In my experience,  millennials work harder than many of the older folks who complain about them (and who think they deserve to have their medical insurance premiums subsidized by the young struggling to make ends meet in their first jobs).   As we complain incessantly about the disaster that is ObamaCare (and it is),  let's not forget the biggest cohort of folks who've been helped by it -  middle aged men in their fifties who were laid off in the last recession.   Those are the folks who lost their jobs, were often uninsurable because of the health problems of older age, and were suddenly able to purchase individual insurance without regard to health status at bargain rates (because of the aforementioned 3 to 1 young-to-old subsidy).   

Problem is,  too many millennials won't stand for it.   You say they're all about gimme, gimme, gimme - but why should they spend a third or more of their limited incomes on policies that subsidize folks my age?  It's because healthy millennials aren't buying these ripoff ACA policies that premiums for those who must have skyrocketed.   And that's not rocket science - it's human nature when faced with a bad deal.   Not evidence of "gimme this, gimme that".    

The House bill (the ACHA),  incidentally, would replace the 3 to 1 rule with a 5 to 1 rule, effective lowering premiums for hardworking folks like my son.   That change can't come soon enough.      

IP Logged

DEW
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #27 - 07/10/17 at 08:55:12
Print Post  
I'm in favor of Health Savings Accounts from which people can shop for health insurance and freely select from insurance plans to find the best plan to suit their needs at the lowest rate (better yet, pay the provider directly).

We can select the healthcare plan to suit our needs from dozens of plans through the company from which I retired. We selected a plan from Humana for less than $20 per month. Of course, we each pay the Medicare premium.

A G R E E.  THE ONES PUT IN OFFICE BY US DO NOT LISTEN TO US!!!

IP Logged

DEW
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #28 - 07/10/17 at 08:56:05
Print Post  
Naturalized-Texan wrote on 07/09/17 at 13:43:32:
In other words, get the government completely out of healthcare. Make healthcare a private matter between the patient and the provider.

AGREE AGAIN.

It should be each individual adults decision to get insurance if they want it. 

The gov. has no business telling citizens what they should buy!

IP Logged

bigmck
CF Presidents Club

Conservative's Forum

Reply #29 - 07/10/17 at 08:57:22
Print Post  
Quote:
   In his case, he was able to stay on my policy until he turned 26 - thanks to ObamaCare.

I have never understood why a person can stay on their parents policy until 26.  I can understand until high school, but after that, shouldn't a person start doing things on their own?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

Conservative's ForumConservative's Discussion ForumsConservative News Forum › Our Healthcare Bill

ConservativesForum.com
CF Forums
The NCO Club - Military Forum - Constitutional Issues - Political Polls - Candidates Action - Economy
Conservative News Sources Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Mark Levin forums
Political Activism, Strategy, Blogs - Conservative Sites - Games - Sports - Health - Poetry - Cooking - Library
Gun Rights - Conspiracy Theories - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5

Conservatives Directory
Recent conservative sites added:
Breitbart News
Drudge Report
Sean Hannity Show
Rush Limbaugh
FrontPage Magazine
Rasmussen Reports
David Limbaugh
American Conservative Union
Accuracy in Media